Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlickWilson
Apr 24, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/718Tv/status/1385249508993478658

Crack-Ping thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Chamale posted:

Has anyone ever shot an agent who broke into their house to try to suicide them? Presumably there'd be deniability that it was just a random burglar, but there could be traces.

not an example of this, but every time I think of weird death it has to be William Colby leaving his dinner in the kitchen mid-prep, walking out with no shoes and going out in a canoe to die

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i think michael clayton has my favorite screen depiction of execution by corporatists

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i think michael clayton has my favorite screen depiction of execution by corporatists

love that movie. Tom Wilkinson does a good crack-ping

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

smarxist posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

carry him out, nurse. we're done here.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/prettynobodyco/status/1387663373895012353?s=20

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
yeah Time's Up is basically a catch and kill styled clearing house for rape accusations, that also probably gives a major GOP donor blackmail material

loving rules

but Biden and the Media did turn #Metoo into #Whocares so maybe it's not quite as effective a blackmail racket as one might think

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerr_(governor-general)

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1tyybVuSBU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Dr. Killjoy posted:

yeah Time's Up is basically a catch and kill styled clearing house for rape accusations, that also probably gives a major GOP donor blackmail material

loving rules

but Biden and the Media did turn #Metoo into #Whocares so maybe it's not quite as effective a blackmail racket as one might think

You don't need anyone to care about the blackmail except for the blackmail target, usually. Blackmail doesn't need to micromanage the actions of every agent, just the ones that might cost money at some future date.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

hollander is a loving weird dude if you look into him even through just his wiki article. corporate PI in russia for kroll inc (founded by jules kroll, nick kroll's dad, lol) just after the USSR fell, nasty divorce with a woman he met there, etc.

he definitely had some ties to US intelligence lol

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

idk if I would really call this a coup; it's a really fascinating attempt by Kerr to use One Weird Trick to shut out the Liberal party but he failed spectacularly. It's possible he would have been successful if he had the messaging ready or planned things out more but he didn't.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

heh heh

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/23/gough-whitlam-1975-coup-ended-australian-independence

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

As a sidenote, there's an Australian movie from 1976 called Don's Party, about the '69 election that was almost about the '75 election. In the movie, the Labor supporters are mostly obnoxious and out of their depth, and they all get manipulated in some way

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27s_Party posted:

There was some discussion that the events of the play be updated to the 1975 Federal election, but in the end it was decided to keep the screenplay faithful to the original play as it was widely believed in 1975 that Labor would lose–which was not the case in 1969. 

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Grapplejack posted:

idk if I would really call this a coup; it's a really fascinating attempt by Kerr to use One Weird Trick to shut out the Liberal party but he failed spectacularly. It's possible he would have been successful if he had the messaging ready or planned things out more but he didn't.

William Blum covers it well in Killing Hope, I think, including CIA pressure on Kerr to intervene

e: shame up there posted it ^^^

nut
Jul 30, 2019

imo, the Australian coup is a good example of the fallacy of thinking you can be on good terms with the US and, by extension, exempt from its imperialism. We’re all shaped by the same pressures, you just won’t know until you find your own way to its edges.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

lol drat i was wrong as hell

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

holy poo poo

that's a fresh CRACK PING

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
fun fact that is 100% true but will never be confirmed elsewhere*: Mohamed atta was a bad tipper and liked to get handsy

*except in the FBI files about his wild night getting kicked out of the strip club in portland

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i had to google the name real quick to make sure i was remembering the right person and lol

why indeed

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
....to get to the other side?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
he was atta gas

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Atta boy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I love the 90s

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

:catstare:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Unfortunately imdb doesn't have the preceding quote that implies the world trade center bombing was the cia.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

:nsavince:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol ffs

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1388089347082182658?s=19

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Not bad but not great. Unfortunate amount of CHUD crap. I'd like to add the 2019 Kosher Deli Shooting in Jersey City to this list as well. Happened with details that barely or plainly didn't add up, got some mild media attention then swiftly disappeared despite the scary headlines about anti-semitic attacks and terrorism and scary scary Black Hebrew Israelites and whatnot.

I could've sworn there were some good posts about Hollyweird and CAA particularly in this thread but search is coming empty. Anyway I don't know why liberals 'turned on' McGowan but progressives 'turned on' her for her TERF transphobe stuff, not because they couldn't control her or whatever Greenwald is saying now.

Edit: Hahaha, this owns:

https://twitter.com/BTs2Free/status/1387045451304632331

👁️

I looked it up and it actually is. The CAA headquarters is on Avenue of the Stars, the wide rectangular building near the middle. Deutsche bank is in that same building as is Ares Management Corp (small-cap investment firm, busy with acquisitions this year). The triangular building on the bottom left is BoA Financial center, Westfield group, and Merrill Lynch; the triangular building on the bottom right is JP Morgan and the Australian consulate.

For the curious that square building on the left side middle with the wavey symbol on it is the The Annenberg Space for Photography.

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 13:31 on Apr 30, 2021

nut
Jul 30, 2019

all the spy cops poo poo in the UK is horrifying and I look forward to the day that someone in Canada gets the right FOI keywords to reveal that it has been happening since confederation here (outside of the work of Steve Hewitt and Greg Kealey et al)

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's been happening in Canada all along but our ATIP system is "gently caress you" (and as a Canuck it seriously boggles my mind that the evil empire leaks so many little documents)

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

I was on the HollyWEIRD beat itt for a bit, you'd need to check maybe late 19, early 2020. Lots of stuff about Nickelodeon Dan Schneider Disney etc. It's 100% itt somewhere.

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

nut posted:

all the spy cops poo poo in the UK is horrifying and I look forward to the day that someone in Canada gets the right FOI keywords to reveal that it has been happening since confederation here (outside of the work of Steve Hewitt and Greg Kealey et al)

Mameluke posted:

It's been happening in Canada all along but our ATIP system is "gently caress you" (and as a Canuck it seriously boggles my mind that the evil empire leaks so many little documents)
The last few chapters of Kealey's Spying on Canadians goes over the "gently caress you" aspect of this:

...and an example of what Kealey was able to get lol:

nut
Jul 30, 2019

ya Kealey's work is good, if not dry. Showing that there already was federal infiltration in the Fenians and "Hindoo" immigration movement before Canada was even a country proper tells u pretty much all u need to know.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Fleetwood posted:

he was atta gas

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
canada is a staggeringly evil logging/mining company and has been slowly gearing up for a new round of Indigenous repression as the marginal lands we once deemed lovely enough to let natives live on slowly became desirable natural spaces and sources of biodiversity.

we see this already in "indigenous" political bodies set up to promote capitalism. like here in ottawa we have this organization, the "algonquins of ontario", whose sole purpose is to help local developers acquire greenbelt land under the auspices of "reconciliation" or there are national organizations whose goals are to integrate first nation governance with canadian government.

maybe this would be better in the "perverse control of humanity" thread than the epstein thread but then again the nature of this thread is that it discusses power and power projects itself everywhere right? like some of the children peter nygard preyed on were Indigenous

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Mameluke posted:

maybe this would be better in the "perverse control of humanity" thread than

That would be a far better thread title for this very thread IMO

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

Mameluke posted:

the "perverse control of humanity" thread

Link please, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

From Daniel Ellsburg's The Doomsday Machine

quote:

He took me down into the underground bowels of SAC headquarters and introduced me to the chief of the Air Estimates Division in SAC Intelligence, Colonel George J. Keegan Jr. Liebman described him to me as a “real intellectual,” and I’d already heard of him in the Pentagon as the “father of the missile gap.” (He was one of several rivals for that honor. In the late 1970s he was a fervid proponent of a “death-beam gap”: a race for a “directed energy, charged particle beam” in which he claimed the Soviets were ahead.)

More info
https://fas.org/spp/eprint/keegan.htm

Granted, this is a death-beam and not a headache ray, but it's the same energy.