Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

hey get this there's a whole world of amazing movies out there, you do not have to watch super hero poo poo or really more broadly anything driven by IP

That's true, yet I am compelled to watch and debate all the batmens

It's fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

paul_soccer12 posted:

Let's talk about 40k

wow! cool empire!!

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
The christopher nolan batman movies are soulless fascist wank fantasies. the only good batmens are the tim burton ones, especially batman returns.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

paul_soccer12 posted:

Let's talk about 40k

fantasy is better

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

quote:

Part 1: "The House that Xavier Built"

Somewhere, X (Professor X's mind is in Fantomex's body and wearing a different type of Cerebro helmet) watches over several beings emerging from cocoons. "To me, my X-Men," he says as they crawl towards him.

Starting five months ago, members of the X-Men began taking flowers from the island of Krakoa to various locations, notably Westchester County, New York, the Blue Area of the Moon, the Green Area on Mars, the Savage Land, Washington D.C., and the Jerusalem Habitat. Since then, they have grown into large bio-masses of plant life.

Now at the Jerusalem Habitat, several ambassadors arrive to the area, responding to a telepathic message sent by Charles Xavier to recognize a new sovereign nation of Mutants....Krakoa. The ambassadors are met by the newly appointed Krakoan ambassador Magneto.

As Jean Grey leads the mutant residents of the X-Mansion to Krakoa, information is given through diagrams on the layout of Krakoa as well as the main items of trade it produces: flowers designed for various purposes such as extending the human lifespan or creating portals directly to Krakoa.

Near the sun, spacecraft approach the station known as "The Forge," home base of a human group called Orchis. Orchis is the self-proclaimed "last hope" for humanity, made up of various members of human organizations such as A.I.M., S.H.I.E.L.D., Hydra, Alpha Flight, and others, allied to prevent the extinction of homo sapiens to mutants. The Forge is based on the remnants of Sol's Hammer (a planet killer designed by The Illuminati during the lead-up to Secret Wars) and a Mother Mold (a Sentient machine designed to create "Master Molds" which in turn create Sentinels). Orchis was activated when Xavier's message went out to the world, seemingly a "trigger" for the eventual extinction of humanity.

Meanwhile, a team made up of Mystique, Sabretooth, and Toad infiltrate the base of Damage Control searching for information in the databases. While they get what they searched for, Sabertooth maims several guards in the chaos and is eventually captured by the Fantastic Four.

At the same time, Magneto leads the ambassadors through several worldwide Krakoan habitats, connected through portals. The ambassadors question the war-like capabilities of the instantaneous travel, which Magneto declares is instead of an "instrument of war" an "unassailable refuge." He also reveals that the ambassadors will not be going to the island of Krakoa, for "Man is not welcome there."

While the Fantastic Four are about to take away Sabretooth, Cyclops arrives to bring him back to Krakoa due to diplomatic immunity. While tensions arise between him and Mister Fantastic, Cyclops decides to leave Sabretooth to them to avoid a situation. While leaving, Invisible Woman asks if Cyclops and X are sure about what they are doing. Cyclops states that he believes in X and offers Invisible Woman's mutant son Franklin Richards a place to stay with his "family" on Krakoa before leaving.

Back with the Ambassadors, Magneto reveals to the Stepford Cuckoos that he is aware of the true nature of the ambassadors as potential plants within Krakoa (while hinting that one member has a true alliance to Orchis). While he claims he is not threatening them, Magneto declares that he wants humanity to understand that they "have new gods now."

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

StashAugustine posted:

fantasy is better

I disagree

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Judakel posted:

oh comic books again, cool

anything to delay Star Trek chat for another page

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

speaking of star trek, i rewatched galaxy quest because we were talking about it and tony shalhoub is having the time of his dang life lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

StashAugustine posted:

fantasy is better

Age of Sigmar is better

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

i say swears online posted:

speaking of Star Trek

I’ll kill u

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

back years ago my friend bought dawn of war and that's been my only experience with warhammer whatsoever. last month he gifted me total war: warhammer and i open it up and i'm like why are there dwarves and elves in this wtf

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Warhammer has the best elves and dwarves. The elves have lion chariots and the dwarves have guns

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I'd love a total war 40k

Don't give a poo poo about stupid elves

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 273 days!

paul_soccer12 posted:

I'd love a total war 40k

drake no: elves

drake yes: eldar

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

paul_soccer12 posted:

I'd love a total war 40k

Hodgepodge posted:

drake yes: eldar

i was seriously envisioning blowing away castles with long-range lasers, this is much lamer

i wanted an ork world map mechanic of production where i increase 'belief' to mine more metal or w/e

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i was seriously envisioning blowing away castles with long-range lasers, this is much lamer

i wanted an ork world map mechanic of production where i increase 'belief' to mine more metal or w/e

play lizards so your lasers are on the backs of dinosaurs

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lol without remorse(2021) is so loving stupid but it owns watching Micheal b. Jordan dunk on prison guards and russian cops is sweet.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

Lol without remorse(2021) is so loving stupid but it owns watching Micheal b. Jordan dunk on prison guards and russian cops is sweet.

lol in the original book the protagonist just tortured street thugs, is there a woke veneer here

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 273 days!

what you want is Ordinatus

don't worry the space elves can get cool with giant siege machines grown from psychic superbones and controlled by the ghosts of dead warriors

not quite as cool as this beast though

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 07:48 on Apr 30, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hodgepodge posted:

what you want is Ordinatus

don't worry the space elves can get cool with giant siege machines grown from psychic superbones and controlled by the ghosts of dead warriors

not quite as cool as this beast though

quote:

"Fools have asked 'Why did the Dark Age of Technology end in the fall of humanity?', and other fools answer back 'Folly' or 'Pride' or 'The Worship of Progress', as if these things alone had any meaning. The answer, as the wise know, is simple. It is because finally humanity had the arts at their disposal to make their dreams reality, and the dreams of humanity have ever been the darkest things in all creation."
— Introduction to the Emerald Testament, Suppressed work of the Technoarchaeologist Synecius Thorn, M39

Ahh, 40k. Gotta admit that kind of melodrama really hits when it hits.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Age of Sigmar is better

Bait taken; gently caress you.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

house of x is p. good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

lol in the original book the protagonist just tortured street thugs, is there a woke veneer here

His wife is killed by russiagaters who want to start a war with Russia to restore american hegemony.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Stairmaster posted:

His wife is killed by russiagaters who want to start a war with Russia to restore american hegemony.

what the gently caress

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

speaking of star trek, i rewatched galaxy quest because we were talking about it and tony shalhoub is having the time of his dang life lol

looking back i really appreciate the subtlety and that his character wasn't just "I'm high on WEED and this alien is real!!!"

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
Eberron.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

indigi posted:

yah it rocks also Russel Crowe is a scientist who hand to hands a special forces commander

this is something i really like. since it shows that eugenics is complete nonsense.

everyone brings it up as a plot hole but that view assumes eugenics is real and zod is fundamentally a better soldier cause he was bred to be one.
nope its just as nonsense as it is in real life and he gets owned

he insists superman fight him to the death at the end partly as suicide by cop after his plan fails but also coz superman was born by making gently caress rather than eugenics, so hes basically attempting to reassert the superiority of eugenics and fascism and if it fails him he is happy to die, which it does and he does

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Communist Thoughts posted:

making gently caress

Disco Elysium has caused me to internalize this thought and I laugh about it once a week

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

what the gently caress

the secretary of defense orchestrates a hit on a seal team, who were responsible for killing the director of the fsb's son in allepo, with the intent of the US retaliating and provoking a war.

theres some nice fight choreography though

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

drake yes: eldar aeldari

gotta protect the IP

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

the secretary of defense orchestrates a hit on a seal team, who were responsible for killing the director of the fsb's son in allepo, with the intent of the US retaliating and provoking a war.

theres some nice fight choreography though

so I guess Jeff Bezos wants to wrap up Russiagate so the US can better focus on China

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AoPpfmJK3Q

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Dreylad posted:

kinda wish more people would read this book

i read it, it was insightful about how poo poo things are (whoa really?) and ended with "but what is to be done?" then i read the guy killed himself lmao

e: i did think "hedonic depression" was a good way of describing a lotta my generation

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Stairmaster posted:

My headcanon is that Without Remorse is the origin story of Killmonger.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Communist Thoughts posted:

this is something i really like. since it shows that eugenics is complete nonsense.

everyone brings it up as a plot hole but that view assumes eugenics is real and zod is fundamentally a better soldier cause he was bred to be one.
nope its just as nonsense as it is in real life and he gets owned

well sure but Zod also presumably had formal combat training and regular martial arts practice with skilled opponents

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Bootleg Trunks posted:

So it's birdman but slower paced, no Hanna Barbara characters, and is like the office?

I watched the pilot - it had the same fast pace as the old birdman show but no Hanna Barbara cameos that I could tell. Didn't get a the office vibe (I loving hate the office).

It was okay.

e: from the pov of politics it is awful. Basically says we should forgive the ruling class for being destructive sociopathic monsters because some of them have good intentions, deep down. Definitely written for terminally lib-brained folks.

But I'm pretty good at separating art from politics and in terms of comedy it was kinda funny. I'll give the second episode a shot probably.

damn horror queefs has issued a correction as of 18:44 on Apr 30, 2021

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i got somethin to say! i'm being caaaancelled!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RERGlWWoIvA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VojQD2ZfazM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

indigi posted:

well sure but Zod also presumably had formal combat training and regular martial arts practice with skilled opponents

lol m8