Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

I found some old LaserDisc video advertisement magazine things and I think this guy belongs in the thread:

Wrestling gimmicks were really out of ideas in the 90s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I kinda assumed that was just a name for the one segment he was in (cuz he was shopping for a PIONEER BRAND QUALITY LASERDISC VIDEO DISC PLAYER) but no apparently that's just who he is:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Walmart employee: thinking about killing myself.
Management: ...
Employee: so how about that shotgun?
Management: Ehhh. He's fine.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/walmart-worker-talked-suicide-store-sold-gun-anyway-family-says-rcna774

quote:

The family of a Maryland man alleges in a lawsuit that Walmart was negligent in selling him the shotgun that he used on himself during a lunch break.

:stare:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Man I love this kinda weird corporate poo poo from the early 90's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOC82kHzSU8&t=196s

Matt "THE ULTIMATE CONSUMER" Nelson is convinced that his 6-cassette changer tape deck is gonna get him laid :allears:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

he should have been fired for shopping on the clock

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Shame Boy posted:

I kinda assumed that was just a name for the one segment he was in (cuz he was shopping for a PIONEER BRAND QUALITY LASERDISC VIDEO DISC PLAYER) but no apparently that's just who he is:

Can't wait for him to come to the silver screen in the Ultimate Consumer Cinematic Universe.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

indigi posted:

I think he fired himself :patriot:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

indigi posted:

I assume they'll be retroactively docking his salary, and adding that to the price of the Walmart urn his cremains are stored in

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

This dude fucks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Shame Boy posted:

This dude fucks

this looks like John Slattery before he went in the Stephan Urquelle machine

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shame Boy posted:

This dude fucks

Prove it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I think he might actually be loving right there in that picture

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

This dude fucks

i will never forgive this guy for what he did to sales of my "totally lame guide to building your very own home theater"

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

indigi posted:

No he wasn’t can’t you read?
Even Walmart employees get breaks

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

Man I love this kinda weird corporate poo poo from the early 90's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOC82kHzSU8&t=196s

Matt "THE ULTIMATE CONSUMER" Nelson is convinced that his 6-cassette changer tape deck is gonna get him laid :allears:

this channel is fuckin crazy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inFV-pBO09I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0_NUqcr_E

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

:trumppop:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah youtube accounts that post weird-rear end old VHS tapes with like 11 views are one of my favorite things to stumble over :allears:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

This is fine: https://weather.com/news/news/2021-04-19-huge-north-carolina-gasoline-spill-was-worse-than-colonial-pipeline-thought

quote:

Largest U.S. Gas Spill in 20 Years Larger, Deeper Than Company First Thought, State Officials Say

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

that's okay I'm sure the company and executives will be held accountable :]

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

quote:

Colonial Pipeline said its earlier estimate of how much gas spilled is no longer valid.
Two ATV riders found the spill on Aug. 14 in the Oehler Nature Preserve

lmao :d2a:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
My solemn oath to the thread: ne day I will cause an environmental disaster because my pipeline of weed extract oil, the animals and plants will still die, but they'll be loving blasted the whole time. I'd promise not to have an oil spill but better things aren't possible.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

just oopsied millions of gallons of toxic liquid out of this here pipe and didn't notice. :shrug:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

lol nature preserve

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
If you think about it, oil is a kind of natural preserve

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

crimedog posted:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

crimedog posted:

Oil hurts Captain Planet which makes it bad

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Len posted:

Oil hurts Captain Planet which makes it bad

how have we never done a gritty live action cabinet planet reboot. we could probably get half the original cast, Meg Ryan aint doing poo poo

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Nastier Nate posted:

how have we never done a gritty live action cabinet planet reboot. we could probably get half the original cast, Meg Ryan aint doing poo poo

Cabinet Planet sure is one tall boy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Nastier Nate posted:

Because it doesn't need to be made grimdark let it be campy 90s fun

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

They could def go with the original idea of more mundane villains, they went ham before to avoid upper class kids being told "hey, your parents are evil" through the screen
now it's the kids themselves letting everybody know on tiktok so we should be fine

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Grimdark captain planet requires an ample donation of blood to summon. Also he drowns a guy in a barrel of industrial waste by slowly lowering the lid on their head.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

I found some old LaserDisc video advertisement magazine things and I think this guy belongs in the thread:

i was skateboarding to the mall to go to spencer’s when i was accosted by a man resplendent in jncos. it was the ultimate consumer, and right then and there he laid down the law, telling me that my hypercolor tshirt look like a dishrag

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Is there like no accounting of how much goes in pipe vs how much comes out of pipe? Hmm normally we fill this tank but today it only half filled? Oh well :shrug:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Dog Case posted:

Is there like no accounting of how much goes in pipe vs how much comes out of pipe? Hmm normally we fill this tank but today it only half filled? Oh well :shrug:
Most likely they knew about it for a long time and intentionally chose not to stop it. It was either cheaper to let it leak or it saved some C-level's bonus.

Penalty: guillotine

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

They probably also have some acceptable margin for (small but numerous) leaks, and it's probably adjusted as the pipe ages and also started as a compromise between a guess from some engineers and whatever the executives wanted.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Gasoline pipelines in particular have lots of monitoring systems because people will straight up cut holes in them and suck out the tasty gas to sell, sometimes entire tanker trucks worth.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Nastier Nate posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwJaELXadKo

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

Gasoline pipelines in particular have lots of monitoring systems because people will straight up cut holes in them and suck out the tasty gas to sell, sometimes entire tanker trucks worth.

Climate and environment aside, that's kinda rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

and yet