Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: BAGS FLY AT NOON)
Are you a rad suburban dad
No im a city slicker
yes i am a rad suburban dad
goku
Derpies Tuglord
View Results

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

Guttlesswonder posted:

I use a pressure washer. That is a pretty quick method to clean the roof and gutters.

Did you try that on the deer yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Derpies posted:

Wasps/Yellowjackets are not chill and are mega dicks that drink my beer in my kiddie pool. Maybe if they amde honey or brought a 6er ofver every now and the they'd be cool.

chill: paper wasps, mud daubers, cicada killers, almost any bee

not chill: yellowjackets, Euro hornets, Euro paper wasps, sweat bees (just annoying)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
One of the first times I played golf I hit a ball into a water trap next to a little bridge. I could see the ball just on the edge of the trap so I went down to grab it. There was a Yellowjacket nest right there under the bridge and I must have been stung 6 or 7 times before I even processed what was going on.

When I got home later that day I counted up the welts and I had been stung 31 times. gently caress those little tuggers.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Hahaha owned. Serves you right for playing golf

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

poisonpill posted:

Hahaha owned. Serves you right for playing golf

How else are you gonna win a weber grill?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Hmmm. You win this one.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Speaking of our weber grills, legit looking for recommendations for charcoal briquettes

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

How else are you gonna win a weber grill?

:hai:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Got a mow in yesterday. Lawn looks better than the neighbors who pay for service. Feels good dad.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Paying for lawn care....
:smugmrgw:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Still considering the purchase of a canoe

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm more of a kayak man myself, though I reckon this won't be the year I get one

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgztUzqaL3E

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

"I'll be back," I croak through my COPD riddled lungs

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
big white caulk (tube) acquired

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
despite weed and feed, its becoming clear that i have a dallisgrass infestation in my yard this year. gently caress me.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Look on the bright side, though your yard will be a hideous mockery that shames the entire neighborhood and brings down property values, dallisgrass is a favorite food source of the long-tailed widowbird.

Majestic.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Bought my first leaf blower today. I know it’s the exurbs and everyone has one out here and it’ll save me a ton of time cleaning my huge lot but I still sort of feel like an rear end in a top hat for having one.

Smithersnz
May 10, 2005

We freaked out yesterday. Let's just freak in tonight
Soiled Meat
Coaching my kids soccer team starting next week, in the market for a flat cap and whistle.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Bought my first leaf blower today. I know it’s the exurbs and everyone has one out here and it’ll save me a ton of time cleaning my huge lot but I still sort of feel like an rear end in a top hat for having one.

Man, I got three of em. 2 EGO battery ones for quick cleanups of the driveway and dog area and a gas backpack for the serious work of the backyard.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Smugworth posted:

I'm more of a kayak man myself, though I reckon this won't be the year I get one

Bought a kayak from Tractor Supply when they were already marked down 33% off..... on Veteran's Day so I could take an additional 15%(?) off. Ooh rah Marine Corps.

Rad dad.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ProperGanderPusher posted:

I've never understood why peeps get rid of organic matter and nutrients from their yard by bagging clippings/blowing away leaves.

Convert your riding mower with a mulching kit, and never worry about that stuff again.

Rad dad.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

GORDON posted:

Bought a kayak from Tractor Supply when they were already marked down 33% off..... on Veteran's Day so I could take an additional 15%(?) off. Ooh rah Marine Corps.

Rad dad.

H*ckin yeah thank you for your tractor. How is the kayak, and do they have Veteran’s Day discounts every year?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

GORDON posted:

I've never understood why peeps get rid of organic matter and nutrients from their yard by bagging clippings/blowing away leaves.

Convert your riding mower with a mulching kit, and never worry about that stuff again.

Rad dad.

Oh wow look at mister Rockefeller here with a rider

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

poisonpill posted:

H*ckin yeah thank you for your tractor. How is the kayak, and do they have Veteran’s Day discounts every year?

Seems like every year. I forget the exact discount.... somewhere between 10 and 20. Can make a day of it, drive around getting your free veteran lunches, then pick up a kayak.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

GORDON posted:

Rad dad.

My whole property is mostly wooded. This is mostly to blow the debris off my driveway and patio and the small strip of grass/moss that encircles my house. A hank hill mower would be overkill, as much as I want to complete my 30 year old boomer image.

My little girl arrived earlier this week. As much as I look forward to the days beyond the larval stage, it’s a great feeling when she’s fussing until you take her from mom and rock her and she looks up at you with a goofy grin. :kimchi:

Guttlesswonder
Mar 17, 2006

I'll take two adult and two kids tickets for "Alien Erection" please

tripwood posted:

Did you try that on the deer yet

Guttlesswonder
Mar 17, 2006

I'll take two adult and two kids tickets for "Alien Erection" please
Just got done weed whacking the hill behind my house. Do I rake that or not? My wife says yes, I cracked a beer and glared at her.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i got a stihl blower and edger. theyres gas yeah what do i look like some kind of freakin wuss

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Smugworth posted:

Got a mow in yesterday. Lawn looks better than the neighbors who pay for service. Feels good dad.

This was me today. :respek:

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

One of the first times I played golf I hit a ball into a water trap next to a little bridge. I could see the ball just on the edge of the trap so I went down to grab it. There was a Yellowjacket nest right there under the bridge and I must have been stung 6 or 7 times before I even processed what was going on.

When I got home later that day I counted up the welts and I had been stung 31 times. gently caress those little tuggers.

Drunk enough to not realize you've been stung. That's the correct way to golf.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

"Golf is a good way to ruin a nice walk", I say in an extremely dadly fashion

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Beard size doesn’t matter, we all know it’s about beard width.

Do you suburban dads use beard oils?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

A CRAB IRL posted:

"Golf is a good way to ruin a nice walk", I say in an extremely dadly fashion

Golf the only way to drink beer and drive a golf cart without arousing suspicion.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Into The Mild posted:

Beard size doesn’t matter, we all know it’s about beard width.

Do you suburban dads use beard oils?

No we don't but our wives keep buying them for us

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Derpies posted:

Lmao this is insanely accurate

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Derpies posted:

Us urban dad's use beard oil.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
In bear talk what other dad's are getting their silver fox beard stripes?

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Derpies posted:

In bear talk what other dad's are getting their silver fox beard stripes?

buddy i'm all salt and pepper over here...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

I've gotten a ton of grey over the past three years. I'm only 36 :blush: