Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

ProperCoochie posted:

Bauer is funny when he's punching up

https://v.redd.it/3sil98lxk7w61
He threw the Dodgers’ first complete game* of the season today but the offense mustered only 1 run and they lost 2-1

*8 IP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Just saw Kikuchi thoroughly shut down the Astros last night nice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

still like to think about Bauer temper tantruming his way out of Cleveland

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

bawfuls posted:

He threw the Dodgers’ first complete game* of the season today but the offense mustered only 1 run and they lost 2-1

*8 IP

The Ghost of Felix Hernandez was spotted!

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

still like to think about Bauer temper tantruming his way out of Cleveland

He was getting traded whether he threw a ball over the CF wall or not. He didn't want an extension and Cleveland wasn't going to pay him 18m in his walk year.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

GalacticAcid posted:

Just saw Kikuchi thoroughly shut down the Astros last night nice

This play owned:

https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/1387864546052698113

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/benwag247/status/1388148064079253510

Jays get a big part of their offense back tonight.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Teoscar/Springer/Grichuk/Gurriel is pretty great!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

:drat:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/1388165075979186178

Kill your heroes

Further:

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/1388182596648112128

This is hosed up, I'm not sure there are too many more beloved Jays

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 30, 2021

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

God damnit

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Kill your heroes

Further:

The only former Blue Jay I can think of at the moment is Bautista and that’s only because of his bat flip and getting punched in the face for it 6 months later.

At least MLB is doing something about the allegation instead of sweeping it under the rug

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
tom henke owned

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Kill your heroes

Further:

Ya this is seriously hosed up

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Miz Kriss posted:

The only former Blue Jay I can think of at the moment is Bautista and that’s only because of his bat flip and getting punched in the face for it 6 months later.

At least MLB is doing something about the allegation instead of sweeping it under the rug

I got vernon wells and joe carter.

e: and carlos delgado I think?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Carlos Delgado is the coolest and best Blue Jay ever, followed by Jose and Dave Stieb.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Weirdly I think of both Tulo and Donaldson as primarily Jays, not sure why.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

more falafel please posted:

Weirdly I think of both Tulo and Donaldson as primarily Jays, not sure why.

The 2015 team left an impression on people.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
roy halladay was alright

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Hand Knit posted:

The 2015 team left an impression on people.

It might be just because I watch the 7th inning of ALDS G5 every year, because it's the wildest loving inning of baseball I've ever seen, but yeah that's gotta be it. I still think of Hamels as primarily a Ranger even though he no-hit my team as a Phillie and then played for my team for two years.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I know its way down the list of important things, but does Alomar getting put on the ineligible list mean that he should be removed from the Hall? If an ineligible person can't get in, makes sense to take one added out.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

bewbies posted:

roy halladay was alright

Doc was troubled but seems to have been a morally upstanding person. A few Jays like Bautista and Stroman have been, at least in public, good people who have said some decent stuff. However, Carlos Delgado is the one person who seems have been a moral leader, both inside and outside of the game.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

That play did own

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Shiroc posted:

I know its way down the list of important things, but does Alomar getting put on the ineligible list mean that he should be removed from the Hall? If an ineligible person can't get in, makes sense to take one added out.

Should he? IMO absolutely.

Will he? Wellllllllllllllllllll

https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/1388183017236025350

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

R.D. Mangles posted:

with sports games, i always just turn off commentary and turn on some music or a podcast after playing way too much Madden 01 has seared HE JUST GOT HIS BIG OL' PAWS UP THERE AND WHAPPED IT DOWN into my brain

Do this, especially with baseball games. Get into a podcast or some audiobook from your library (though libby or hoopla) and you're off to the races.

I spent all week listening to Knowledge Fight to grind stubs to get Marco Luciano's prospects card :love:

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
I always liked Dave Stieb.

But it seemed like the Royals and Jays got in fights all the time when I was a kid in the mid-80a so gently caress the Jays.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Should he? IMO absolutely.

Will he? Wellllllllllllllllllll

https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/1388183017236025350

So the one aspect of the ineligible list anyone actually cares about isn't being enforced. Cool

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Has this happened before? I don’t recall something this extreme happening in decades to a retired player.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Sorry, I meant all the broadcast stuff and animations were repetitive, not the gameplay. I’ve only been playing it for a couple days but I feel like I’ve already seen every single player reaction and heard every inane broadcaster line.

Definitely turn that poo poo off

Apr 7, 2003

Play Out of the Park Baseball, no irritating 'broadcast stuff' or 'animations' or 'sound' or 'graphics'.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I'm a big dummy that didn't know anything about any of this Alomar stuff and now really regret using his card in the Show. Whoever that pedophile Pirates closer was, literally can't remember his name, pretty sure SDS nuked his diamond card from orbit because, sigh, once again I was leaning on that card until the allegations happened (and then SDS rightly nuked him). Anyway, I wonder is SDS will do the same here.

Edit: I need to stop playing DD, maybe that will keep people from being predators. That's how it works, right?

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Play Out of the Park Baseball, no irritating 'broadcast stuff' or 'animations' or 'sound' or 'graphics'.

OOTP rules, one of my scouting discoveries ended up being the greatest pitcher of all time and I lost that save to a hard drive crash.

RIP Chris Camacho, I renamed the Cy Young after him for my new game.

Apr 7, 2003

Gerblederp posted:

OOTP rules, one of my scouting discoveries ended up being the greatest pitcher of all time and I lost that save to a hard drive crash.

RIP Chris Camacho, I renamed the Cy Young after him for my new game.

I started a game in 2019 and by 2022 the rosters had gotten real weird, like Sonny Gray was the Dodgers' top of the rotation guy and the Rockies signing Gary Sanchez to a 120m/6 year deal.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I gotta say, after years of PS folks hyping up The Show as the ultimate baseball game I’m a little disappointed in how sterile and repetitive it can get.

Though I do appreciate how every between-innings fan shot looks like it was created by aliens trying to interpret yankeefans.gif.

The Show used to be the best sports game around but the devs went the EA route and only care about how many microtransactions they can sell.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah what they've done to RTTS this year sucks rear end, just completely ruined what was a fun mode so they could tie it to DD and sell microtransactions.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Feels like a good time to remind everyone that Mickey Callaway, serial sex pest, is still employed by the Angels!

Edit: I supposed he's "suspended" while the investigation goes on. That seems... dumb.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
the weird thing to me is diamond dynasty isn't at all dependent on microtransactions, I haven't spent a dime on the game past buying it in years and never have any trouble fielding a perfectly competent team.

I have no idea why they ruined road to the show or even changed it, it was just fine the way it was

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Shiroc posted:

Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays weren't removed from the Hall when they were placed on the ineligible list. (They were reinstated a few years later by a new commissioner.) No one has been kicked out of the Hall - although if we start, Anson and Landis absolutely have to get kicked out.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dang, so close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Feels like a good time to remind everyone that Mickey Callaway, serial sex pest, is still employed by the Angels!

Edit: I supposed he's "suspended" while the investigation goes on. That seems... dumb.
They've been investigating for how long now? Surely the team will produce an absolute tome of a report on Callaway, since they are taking their time to so thoroughly investigate...