Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Luca heard Monty's treats are now available?

I bet he loving did

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Frisk enjoying his morning scritches.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Luca heard Monty's treats are now available everything within a 20 mile radius of home

FTFY :luca:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Turns out the Gentle Leader is really great and fantastic until your dog sees something they ABSOLUTELY WANT.

drat thing literally exploded off her head with an audible "POW" as the plastic latches blasted apart. luckily she just wanted to sniff another dog's butt, but I'm definitely going to be upgrading my gentle leader to have metal clasps, not plastic.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Turns out the Gentle Leader is really great and fantastic until your dog sees something they ABSOLUTELY WANT.

drat thing literally exploded off her head with an audible "POW" as the plastic latches blasted apart. luckily she just wanted to sniff another dog's butt, but I'm definitely going to be upgrading my gentle leader to have metal clasps, not plastic.

Everyone encouraging you to get a gentle leader made me decide to buy one and your experiences are making me anxious while I wait for mine to arrive from Amazon. Maybe I’ll double up until Napoleon gets the idea cause he’s strong as gently caress and has left very deep bruises on me yanking his leash so hard and suddenly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think it's a simple fix. The latch that you put up around their neck is a very basic plastic click-in-place/squeeze to open latch, I'm going to remove it and put on a two-headed...one of those bits you put at the end of a chain that has a sliding bit you easily slide down with your thumb to open it, one of those instead of the small plastic latch. I think that should be more than enough of an upgrade for Noa or your dog, and should be easy enough to assemble, just cut the plastic bits off and loop those two ends into the metal latch.

One of these things, but with latches on both sides: https://www.lowes.com/pd/National-Hardware-N100-344-V3004-1-1-4-in-x-4-1-4-in-Bolt-Snap-in-Nickel/1002257222

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Important to have a bagel in the mornings

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
The town dog park is a mile away so I finally got a pass fob. Pongo has been an extremely good boy with every dog he has met so far.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I hope I'm not opening a can of worms here, but what happened to Icarus II?

I see Nostalgia for doggos post in other threads from time to time, but he was also very active here.

Or maybe I don't want to know?
Don't answer if I don't want to know...

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

that sounds like a bad road to go down. i only base that on the general observation that sometimes when a pet isn't being shared any more, it is because the pet has passed on, or is sick, etc, and it is too painful for the human to post or read about it. i do not know if that is the case here but i am just wary when something like that might be why

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 28, 2021

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
One of the twins was having a rough morning getting ready for preschool, so he went to go snuggle with Pongo :3:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

A Pup’s Plight

he only wanted it to show my roommate when he walks back in

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Luca heard Monty's treats are now available?

this dog is 90% triangles

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I decided i could not longer afford to keep Juniper anymore, but instead of cruely leaving her on a 711, i just fed her to my pokemon.

What a good bird.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

A handsome doggie :luca:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Also:
https://imgur.com/enCuAsT

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
I’m not crying, you’re crying

https://twitter.com/rexchapman/status/1387790486182711296?s=21

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Somewhere in this photo is the newest addition to our pack. Wife has been agitating for a second dog for months, and we drove halfway to Richmond at rush hour to meet these guys and gals (a litter born from a rescue dog). She picked the chillest one in the litter and we’ll likely pick him up next weekend.

My job, in addition to helping housetrain, care for and love the pup, will be convincing Lando a) he will always be the First Dog and his place on the couch/bed will never be ceded and b) not to eat Second Dog. He did fine meeting and greeting them yesterday and hopefully it stays that way.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Happy little brother/sister day Lando!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm still disappointed you won't get a white shepherd, but I think I speak for everyone in gip when I say NAME THAT DOG CHEWY

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm still disappointed you won't get a white shepherd, but I think I speak for everyone in gip when I say NAME THAT DOG CHEWY

Seconded

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Somewhere in this photo is the newest addition to our pack. Wife has been agitating for a second dog for months, and we drove halfway to Richmond at rush hour to meet these guys and gals (a litter born from a rescue dog). She picked the chillest one in the litter and we’ll likely pick him up next weekend.

My job, in addition to helping housetrain, care for and love the pup, will be convincing Lando a) he will always be the First Dog and his place on the couch/bed will never be ceded and b) not to eat Second Dog. He did fine meeting and greeting them yesterday and hopefully it stays that way.

Yaayy Lando gets a buddy :luca:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a bunch of Noa pictures, I am terrible at taking pictures and she is the type of dog who absolutely will not let you get a clear shot of her unless you're holding a treat or the camera happens to miraculously focus while she thrashes about but here are what good ones and video clips I could get

treat bribery in exchange for flapping ear flying dog head pictures

writhing around on her blanket and not wanting to deal with my camera bullshit

post-writhing video
https://i.imgur.com/Ho7zzIy.mp4

oh yeah, and this is how she eats. just flops down on the ground and shoves her face in her bowl. she will not eat unless she can do this, and will drag her food bowl to a space where she can properly flop

https://i.imgur.com/ydn2IaU.mp4

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Apr 30, 2021

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

plz don't take pics of my eating station

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 30, 2021

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
That dog is DONE with the creek’s poo poo.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Little Bit finally got his teeth cleaned. Apparently he had bad dental disease that the x rays didn't pick up and he lost 6 or so teeth and had a bit of an abscess or something. I feel really bad and I can't even give him treats since solid food is out! He perked up today at least so things are good.

I'm extremely worried about Dapper since he already had bad teeth before covid and the vet wouldn't schedule until his heart got checked out.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All you need is dog

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Jay Rust posted:

All you need is dog

dog is all you need

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Every

loving

Time

Hes lucky I love him so much

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Such a good boy.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
How green does Luca get if he does that on freshly cut grass?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

hot day today

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
once, this chair belonged to the people. but now, it belongs to the dog.

she has three favorite spots in the house. that chair, on the bed either curled up or sticking her head behind the shade to look out the window, or sitting on the chair in the dining room to watch out the window and bark at literally anything that moves