Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Psycho Landlord posted:

I assure you it is pretty much all anybody is talking about

The assumption is subsistence GL

God, Subsistence single shot GL or subsistence MG would own so hard :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
If Queenbreaker and Sleeper Simulant are getting buffs then im going to be that seasons best invader in gambit

Make gambit better you fuckers

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

T1g4h posted:

God, Subsistence single shot GL or subsistence MG would own so hard :allears:

Commemoration is practically that already, plus it can sustain fire against big targets.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bideo James posted:

If Queenbreaker and Sleeper Simulant are getting buffs then im going to be that seasons best invader in gambit

They are, but so far just in general by being lfr. Maybe bungie will do the needful though, as well as for arbalest.

Lol at the line at the very end about regular fr though. "we don't know how to adjust, gonna kick the can down the road again"

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Bideo James posted:

Queenbreaker and Sleeper are confirmed to be getting the buffs. It's hitting all LFR's.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Bideo James posted:

Damage isn't the problem for LFRs in gambit though, it's ammo capacity. I don't think 20% more reserves is going to make a dent there.

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.

RocketRaygun posted:

No it wont. A legendary LFR with Vorpal will though

Psycho Landlord posted:

You're gonna wanna check your math on that one

e:fb

It will, with the obvious caveat that Xeno can't crit on it's own, and yes legendaries with good perks will probably be better but people like using Sleeper!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Turra posted:

It will, with the obvious caveat that Xeno can't crit on it's own, and yes legendaries with good perks will probably be better but people like using Sleeper!

reddit math backs you up on this, putting sleeper w/ buff and catalyst above xeno

div wouldn't affect this- it adds a 30% debuff, but this applies to all damage and would apply to sleeper as well. so when you're using xeno on the garden boss or whatever, it's not doing criticals, it's just getting the bonus. there's been metas (ie. oppressive darkness) where you can skip the div.

however yeah, a legendary lfr with auto-loading or whatever comboed with witherhoard or a sniper is gonna have way better total dps.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Luv2hav many of my exotic heavies still be outclassed by legendaries at every turn lol

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I too enjoy being able to use exotic primaries and specials for pve content without noticeably hobbling myself.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I think the difference is in ease of use as well, like pretty much any player can point and click with Xeno as soon as the aim is right, whereas more skilled players aren't going to let the charge up time on LFRs bother them against moving targets and therefore get rewarded with more damage.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I think the difference is in ease of use as well, like pretty much any player can point and click with Xeno as soon as the aim is right, whereas more skilled players aren't going to let the charge up time on LFRs bother them against moving targets and therefore get rewarded with more damage.

The LFR calcs vs existing options go out the window as soon as you miss a precision shot. They really need a base damage increase, not just precision. The ammo buff is kinda nice at least.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Yup, there's a bingo. I'm okay with Xeno being a bit weaker than precision-requirement weapons, especially LFRs, considering it's near impossible to gently caress up using Xeno.

Got Izanagi's last night, and while it is a cool gun with neat mechanics that I quite like, fine motor issues + Honed Edge only applying the full multiplier on crit hits mean it's not going to be a standby for me outside of bosses. (It's only about 2.4x damage for 4x ammo use on non-crits.) I feel like Sleeper will be a similar situation. I have other fallbacks that are less reliant on fine aim, but consequently less powerful - and I'm perfectly okay with that trade-off, that's the way it should work. Just means I won't be doing any of these world's-first VoG clears, up into GMs I can still do just fine.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Psycho Landlord posted:

I too enjoy being able to use exotic primaries and specials for pve content without noticeably hobbling myself.

That's not what I mean, it's that for any given situation (even the ones they were meant for) that they're still outclassed. The fact that there has been absolutely 0 reason to ever touch certain exotics, especially heavy, because even the gimmicks got hosed is stupid beyond measure.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

PathAsc posted:

That's not what I mean, it's that for any given situation (even the ones they were meant for) that they're still outclassed. The fact that there has been absolutely 0 reason to ever touch certain exotics, especially heavy, because even the gimmicks got hosed is stupid beyond measure.

So what, Sleeper and thunderlord? I guess prospector too but that was never actually any good despite alleged Reddit Math. TLord's hosed because of general LMG changes and general LMG changes stand a good chance of bringing it back (needs to make orbs tho) and sleeper got nerfed into oblivion independently. Can't think of any other exotic heavy that is actively wothless across the spectrum.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Psycho Landlord posted:

So what, Sleeper and thunderlord? I guess prospector too but that was never actually any good despite alleged Reddit Math. TLord's hosed because of general LMG changes and general LMG changes stand a good chance of bringing it back (needs to make orbs tho) and sleeper got nerfed into oblivion independently. Can't think of any other exotic heavy that is actively wothless across the spectrum.

Has DARCI ever been used for anything except Insurrection Prime (post Whisper nerf) and testing distances?
Queenbreaker after they turned down the aim assist
Leviathan's Breath has always been a novelty
Whisper is rarely used since the White Nail nerf
Wordline Zero is a mobility tool, not a weapon
Salvation's Grip is just an OOB glitch enabler

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Paracelsus posted:

lmao if you don't i-frame through ground pounds to maintain perfect dps while all those failing guilotines get plastered on the scenery

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Bungie should add stasis to Borealis. That would be fun.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Paracelsus posted:

Has DARCI ever been used for anything except Insurrection Prime (post Whisper nerf) and testing distances?
Queenbreaker after they turned down the aim assist
Leviathan's Breath has always been a novelty
Whisper is rarely used since the White Nail nerf
Salvation's Grip is just an OOB glitch enabler

Darci has a place in the current DPS meta if you're missing a good slug
QB got Sleeper'd this is true
Levi's Breath loving owns what are you talking about
Whisper is the same as Darci especially if you run Garden still (some people do I don't judge)
Worldline is beloved by the swordy boys still
Okay yeah I forgot about Salvation's completely lol

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Stasis doesn't really feel like a "proper" element type yet. Only one weapon with it, and no enemy shields that match it, for instance.

I wonder, if they really do add a new darkness element with the next expansion (everyone seems to think it will be poison, or decay, or something similar), they might revamp some weapon types too. Coldheart should really be stasis. Thorn should be this new poison one.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Psycho Landlord posted:

Darci has a place in the current DPS meta if you're missing a good slug
QB got Sleeper'd this is true
Levi's Breath loving owns what are you talking about
Whisper is the same as Darci especially if you run Garden still (some people do I don't judge)
Worldline is beloved by the swordy boys still
Okay yeah I forgot about Salvation's completely lol

Are Darci/Whisper notably better than a reconstruction/vorpal Succession with Boss Spec, which is also kinetic in addition to being a special rather than a heavy? And you're still admitting that they're outclassed by a good legendary special.
Leviathan's Breath is a slow-firing grenade launcher that is basically unusable in the air. The AoE may be large, but you can get a similar effect from a Chain Reaction GL.
Beloved and being outclassed are not mutually exclusive.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Paracelsus posted:

Are Darci/Whisper notably better than a reconstruction/vorpal Succession with Boss Spec, which is also kinetic in addition to being a special rather than a heavy? And you're still admitting that they're outclassed by a good legendary special.
Leviathan's Breath is a slow-firing grenade launcher that is basically unusable in the air. The AoE may be large, but you can get a similar effect from a Chain Reaction GL.
Beloved and being outclassed are not mutually exclusive.

1) Depending on boss damage phase and ease of crit, yes. Darci and Whisper both will out-damage a vorpal succession if they can empty their reserves. You can argue they're outmatched solely due to ammo concerns related to slot usage but purple drops are a solved issue with Aeons if the encounter provides, so like most guns they have a Use Case in some places and none in others.
2) Use it in PvP, especially in this age of Catalyzed Heirs.

TBH I'm surprised you haven't gone to Acrius yet, that's usually the one people default to when arguing exotic heavies are worthless.

EDIT: Also Darci and Whisper are specifically outclassed by a particular archetype of a totally different weapon in the DSC meta because of how DSC encounters work. In Garden or chunks of LW that slug would be worthless and the fight would be between those guns, a vorpal sniper, and whatever other thing you would want for damage, which comes back to "well how does the damage phase work and how long does it last" so again, use cases.

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 30, 2021

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Bungie should add stasis to Borealis. That would be fun.

ooh hard light too

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Acrius loving owns.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Rubellavator posted:

Acrius loving owns.

That it fuckin do

Warbeast best beast

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Psycho Landlord posted:

1) Depending on boss damage phase and ease of crit, yes. Darci and Whisper both will out-damage a vorpal succession if they can empty their reserves. You can argue they're outmatched solely due to ammo concerns related to slot usage but purple drops are a solved issue with Aeons if the encounter provides, so like most guns they have a Use Case in some places and none in others.
2) Use it in PvP, especially in this age of Catalyzed Heirs.

TBH I'm surprised you haven't gone to Acrius yet, that's usually the one people default to when arguing exotic heavies are worthless.

EDIT: Also Darci and Whisper are specifically outclassed by a particular archetype of a totally different weapon in the DSC meta because of how DSC encounters work. In Garden or chunks of LW that slug would be worthless and the fight would be between those guns, a vorpal sniper, and whatever other thing you would want for damage, which comes back to "well how does the damage phase work and how long does it last" so again, use cases.

In Garden I'd probably be using Izanagi's or Xenophage, at least that was the meta when I last played it.

I have yet to see Catalyzed Heirs in PvP, and Heavy-on-Heavy fights are exceedingly rare.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Paracelsus posted:

I have yet to see Catalyzed Heirs in PvP,

Go catalyze your heir and use it in pvp right now lol

Gambit too

Spin that poo poo up and tank the whole other team (unless they have a black talon or Breath loaded)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Psycho Landlord posted:

Go catalyze your heir and use it in pvp right now lol

Gambit too

Spin that poo poo up and tank the whole other team (unless they have a black talon or Breath loaded)

Let's be honest.

When was the last time you saw a Black Talon in a PvP match?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Pretty often? You can 3 peek with it and it's an easy kill when you pick up a purple brick.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Eej posted:

Pretty often? You can 3 peek with it and it's an easy kill when you pick up a purple brick.

Really now? Might need to mine off...

I honestly have never seen anyone use it before in PvP.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Let's be honest.

bout 20 minutes ago, last one I played lol. Dude nuked my shield with it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

I've seen it a lot in Trials.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

Black Talon is the #3 most used power weapon in pvp, behind Wardcliff Coil and Heir Apparent

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Honestly you would think Wardcliff could also bust the shield but, turns out nah!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Psycho Landlord posted:

Honestly you would think Wardcliff could also bust the shield but, turns out nah!

Wardcliff can't even get through Arc Conductor. I've absolutely tanked shots with it in Iron Banner.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Wardcliff can't even get through Arc Conductor. I've absolutely tanked shots with it in Iron Banner.

Yeah but Arc conductor is explicitly arc resistance. You're supposed to take less arc damage with it up.

Colossus shield is an arc-typed shield. It takes extra arc damage (though a lot loving less with the catalyst)

It will also blow the gently caress up if arc brings it down so watch out hanging around with your buddies if they're under fire and the shots are blue

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 30, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I had no idea! Maybe I just got "lucky" not seeing people with it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Classic pre-catalyst Heir Apparent experience is getting Cloudstriked but on any part of the body not just the head.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Mesadoram posted:

Let's be honest.

Yeah like, today, my dude. It's very common. And sexy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
Salvation's Grip really is one of the worst exotics in Destiny history IMO. I literally never used it outside of shooting the pyramid things.