Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Even if Ewing wasn't planning on ending the one below all stuff by then, which it seems like it's building towards anyways, it seems like it wouldn't be hard for the next writer to just like, not intentionally kill the hulk at least once per issue, if they don't want to deal with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gologle posted:

They need something light-hearted, so they'll get Bendis on it.

I don't think Bendis would come back to Marvel for anything less than Amazing Spider-Man.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Planet Hulk 2: Hulk is the planet

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Tsilkani posted:

The Hulk Buster always works.

The first time.

That makes it so much more satisfying when they try again and Hulk beats it like a baby seal.

I'm pretty sure the first time it was ever used it was against Smart Huilk who was like "lol cute" and then proceeded to de-escalate the situation, because he didn't want to fight anyway

It MIGHT have worked but considering how little he seemed to be worried about it, it didn't really make a strong impression other than looking really cool (Which is why anything comes back, see also; Venom)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I have a hunch the only character that's going to get fairly permanently wrecked is Sterns.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

goatface posted:

It can always be undone. Could probably get an event out of it if you wanted. Another "rights of Banner against rights of everyone else on the planet" argument before you pull the trigger on a reality manipulator while Uatu stands in the background face palming.

This sentiment is probably the biggest problem I have with Big 2 comics

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I don't think Bendis would come back to Marvel for anything less than Amazing Spider-Man.

I always assumed he didn't want the gig, because I think they would have given ASM to him if he asked.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Skwirl posted:

It wasn't and I'm tired of people saying it was.

Perish.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Maybe it's petty but the bit in this week's Once & Future (18) in which zombie King Arthur beheads Boris Johnson during a live TV broadcast made me do a mental fist-pump.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Arthur’s looking a bit rough. He’s definitely seen better days

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So he’s the good guy then. Unorthodox, but I’m interested.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Captain Oblivious posted:

So he’s the good guy then. Unorthodox, but I’m interested.

He does immediately threaten death to all who aren't pure-blooded Britons so it might be a tiny downgrade from the current government.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

He does immediately threaten death to all who aren't pure-blooded Britons so it might be a tiny downgrade from the current government.

But does he threaten death by killing or death by letting them die? Not much difference if it's the latter.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

No hes going to put them to the sword.
A direct quote is "death to all with a drop of poison in their veins"

Im really enjpying Once & Future. Stories and myth as a product of collective thought is a theme I love. Especially how its done here where Arthur is so hosed up from the retellings of his story that hes lost a lot of himself.

Equal parts Heroquest and SMT

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 30, 2021

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/MarvelDailyArt/status/1309363766371418112

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Black Widow or Red Sonja?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
She bathes in her costume?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Thaddius the Large posted:

She keeps her costume next to the bath, she just didn't have time to dry her hair.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Seems like it'd be quicker to dry off than it would to cram your wet body into a leather suit

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Seems like it'd be quicker to dry off than it would to cram your wet body into a leather suit

Hair that long take a long time to dry and it's not like she was gonna break out the hair dryer when there's assassins in the next room.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Retro Futurist posted:

something something unstable molecules

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Maybe it's petty but the bit in this week's Once & Future (18) in which zombie King Arthur beheads Boris Johnson during a live TV broadcast made me do a mental fist-pump.

Once & Future is the most Kieron Gillen story that has ever been and it definitely does start to drag (like I said, it's a Kieron Gillen story) but it's also definitely worth a look. The joke that Arthur's Britain was Celtic instead of Saxon is still the best one but it's just full of so many great moments and little references that I really hope it's doing well. The art is absolutely lovely as well.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

No hes going to put them to the sword.
A direct quote is "death to all with a drop of poison in their veins"

Im really enjpying Once & Future. Stories and myth as a product of collective thought is a theme I love. Especially how its done here where Arthur is so hosed up from the retellings of his story that hes lost a lot of himself.

Equal parts Heroquest and SMT

Heroquest? Do they still have an intact copy of that?
Do they have many of the expansions?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The Question IRL posted:

wow, what a throwback. My uncle gave me Hero Quest as a kid.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Question IRL posted:

If you're having a goof and I'm missing it, my apologies, but from context I think Rigged Death Trap meant Glorantha Heroquest, not the board game.

In the Glorantha setting - maybe best known from King of Dragon Pass and its sequel, though there was and is like a whole ttrpg system - you can perform a ritual known as heroquesting, where you re-enact stories about the gods, and by doing so become in some way the gods. If the god you are larping as is wounded in the story, you may die of their wounds. If the god comes out of the story with a neat sword, or a new wisdom, your larp sword might become a magic sword, or you might gain insight into an intractable problem. And, if you gently caress up the larp badly enough, you can change the myth. For everyone who has heard of it.

This is real bad if the myth involved something like how people learned to speak language, or make maps.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah thats what I meant. The comic reminded me of Gloranthas Heroquesting since characters in the comic assume the roles of the stories by renacting their actions and taking on their traits, and not in a symbolic sense, same as in glorantha.

Though there is a lot of BROAWDSWOAD swinging in Once & Future so it has that in common with tbe board game.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 1, 2021

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Natasha set that guy's face on fire.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Push El Burrito posted:

Natasha set that guy's face on fire.

In the Red Room, you are taught that bath time is deadly serious.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Nilbop posted:

Once & Future is the most Kieron Gillen story that has ever been and it definitely does start to drag (like I said, it's a Kieron Gillen story) but it's also definitely worth a look. The joke that Arthur's Britain was Celtic instead of Saxon is still the best one but it's just full of so many great moments and little references that I really hope it's doing well. The art is absolutely lovely as well.

I loved the bit where they had to kill Beowulf... and then next issue Grendel shows up.

Thaddius the Large posted:

I know why Perez didn't show her nude, but I think the scene would've worked just as well if she'd been wrapped in towels.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Parahexavoctal posted:

I loved the bit where they had to kill Beowulf... and then next issue Grendel shows up.

I know why Perez didn't show her nude, but I think the scene would've worked just as well if she'd been wrapped in towels.

I feel like you haven't read enough Perez stuff if you think it was his call for her not to be naked.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Parahexavoctal posted:

I'd have covered her with the speech balloons.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

ManiacClown posted:

I'd have covered her with the speech balloons Hawkeyes.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Spy X Family's latest chapter dropped today.

Yor (the wife in the titular family) is an assassin. Her current assignment is protecting the wife of a mafia informant on a cruise ship. The number of the room they're in gets leaked out, so they're trying to reach a new hiding place by going through a ballroom, but they absolutely cannot make a scene otherwise the ship will go back to port before the informant's wife reaches her destination.

They reach the ballroom, and Yor realises there are assassins mixed into the crowd.

(Read right to left.)

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Mikl posted:

Spy X Family

I was gonna post the scene where she pins a guy to the wall with a stilleto, but between the two of us that'd be half the dang issue. :v:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
drat nigh every issue of Spy X Family has a scene that belongs in the Badass thread. It's real good.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Going for a slightly longer post, but this is some top tier shonen action and it's worth a look in.

Black Clover - Chapters 291 - 293

tldr Setup: Big Bad is essentially an Ultimate Devil at 100% full power and has been mopping the floor with all the top-tier Captain level opponents. The world of Black Clover is a feudal system with the King and Royalty on top, and Peasants wayyyyyyy the gently caress down the bottom.

Enter Magna. A peasant.

So how does he take on what is essentially a god?

(Right to Left)

How'd Magna, a peasant with a finite amount of magic, manage that? He spent half a year writing a single 1 use spell that links their souls together, and splits their power in half equally.

One drawback.. You win or you die.

So who gives a rats rear end if their devil power lets them regenerate almost indefinitely.

Just keep beating the poo poo out of them over and over again until they don't get up anymore.

:allears:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 31, 2021

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also to clarify, he spent half a year writing that spell in preparation if he ever came across an opponent like this.

The fight hasn't taken 6 months :v:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Das pretty cool.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Once and Future's elevator pitch is "Brandon Frasier's Mummy but its about King Arthur" and yes it is an awesome comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kill 6 Billion Demons doing an EXTREMELY good Berserk x Castlevania homage.