Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

derp posted:

gregg looks like he's about to be executed hahaha

Lol I thought the same thing.

Good news for HEI and the VFA. May they operate in harmony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I wonder if LaRoux had any input into that contract.

Also it's made out with Gregg Turkingont, so I wonder if that will be some escape loophole

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1388235921829425153?s=21

Gregg is under duress

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

lol'd at Lots of love!!!!! appearing on the list of injuries

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

- Right Leg

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
I love that Tim has to 'acknowledge that VFT is a real time zone' as part of the contract lollll. surprised there was nothing about star trek 2 in there, honestly

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
WELCOME TO THE HEI FAMILY GREGG!!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lost it at the inset of Axoim when he mentioned "the real Mr. Movies"

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Incredible that they’ve snapped back to the status quo in the most convoluted way possible

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

hahaha, vfa.expert is already dead and offline after the HEI acquisition. No easy way to count down to muncher now :(

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Trying to imagine the backstage pregaming, like "So what will LaRue's state of mind be after this? How much resentment will he feel? What about Joe? Axiom?"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tato posted:

hahaha, vfa.expert is already dead and offline after the HEI acquisition. No easy way to count down to muncher now :(

I sent Gregg and email letting him know he should update the counter because they changed the release date of the movie but he never got back to me.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
can't wait to see how tim will destroy all gregg's tapes this time

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I'd suspect the Mobile VFA is doomed somehow, but that car has claimed enough souls that it's probably haunted like Christine and impossible to kill

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I think VFT might be my favorite running joke now, replacing star trek 2. I love how put out Gregg is, even though he may have escaped jail and gotten himself an actual job. But they both know that Tim totally owns Gregg now, and I can't wait to see how that all shakes out.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I know that there's no way LaRoux agreed to not press charges or seek damages. I also feel that LaRoux will, for some reason, think this contract is legally binding and prevent him from doing so. I wonder if LaRoux is going to turn on Tim for this and use his elite operator/hunter skills to take him down.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
larou thought that macing a windshield would work and it took him 5 hours to write a 'report' of a couple hundred words. not much of a threat imo lol

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

derp posted:

larou thought that macing a windshield would work and it took him 5 hours to write a 'report' of a couple hundred words. not much of a threat imo lol

Well yeah, I don't think Tim could manage to evade anyone with skills beyond:
  • deep voice
  • tactical vest
  • toothpick

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
LaRues investigative skills are top notch, he just needs some training to sharpen up his tactical skills in the field

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Not everyone can be Decker or Agent Kington

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Tripp Spencer was the coolest Decker sidekick.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Libra posted:

Tripp Spencer was the coolest Decker sidekick.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How many shares of HEI are there? It would be hilarious if 5000 shares is controlling interest.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

smh that people are forgetting about Lanoi Arnold, Decker's oldest and closest friend on that island

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Pigbuster posted:

smh that people are forgetting about Lanoi Arnold, Decker's oldest and closest friend on that island

Welcome to Hawaii, mon!

All the jokes about them confusing Hawaii and Jamaica are some of my favorite little bits from Decker.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

only a complete monster could watch this and not feel overwhelmed with grief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeNMMrPy0Gs&t=373s

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I just look at those sunglasses and I loving lose it lmaoo

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Tim with hat and gregg without hat is surprisingly unnerving

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I love that this important announcement takes place in the middle of the night in front of a storage unit and Gregg has been wearing the same shirt, presumably, for a week

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Looks like Gregg is back in the HEI life again!

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
I want VFA merch with "Part of the hei network" on it

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Someone on reddit made these notes about the post show interview:

* Overall, they're hugely encouraged and motivated by the response to the subscriber model that Tim said was questionable if it would work. But it did, and they're extremely motivated by it. He mentioned "biggest season ever" (season 12), and "we're going to keep growing this for years and years." He also said if they had only sold 100 "tickets," they would have probably quit. But that didn't happen, they got a huge response and are motivated to keep going.

* They said the new financial model means they don't have to ask Adult Swim whenever they want to do something, specifically mentioning the heinetwork.tv website where they can "do what they want" year-round.

* Tim said because there wasn't a season between last Oscar special and this one, they couldn't really introduce new story lines with this special, mostly had to wrap up the old. But with a new season planned now for fall, they can start anew. He or someone else there said in a few days or so there will be something new on social media or the website to "reset the table" story-wise.

* Dr. San -- they all said they loved his character and the actor himself and wish he could return. They mentioned ideas about his "twin" returning.

* Decker -- Tim said Adult Swim owns the rights, but have decided not to do anything with it, so they're thinking of bringing back the series with a new name ("Dennicker" or "JJ Dennicker").

* Mark Porch -- A viewer question about him, and a couple other statements gave me the feeling the creative people on the show are volunteering their time, although they do pay for the studio and technical staff. But the question about Mark's submitted Oscar video where he says he "wants nothing to do" with the other guys resulted in shrugs by Gregg and Tim like it was Mark's decision what he wanted to do with his character. Gregg then said he texted Mark (he had also mentioned that's how they all mostly write story ideas -- text messages to each other) with "a way forward" for Mark's character, and that "we'll see what happens."

* Another viewer question was how often do Tim and Gregg surprise each other with what they say, and Gregg quickly answered "ALL THE TIME." Gregg said he's gotten better with keeping a straight face, compared to the earlier episodes where he'd ruin take after take, but it's still hard, and Tim said he's learned to look away when he's about to lose it.

* The schnapps in Tim's potato shake was real in the Oscar special, and he joked that he felt a slight schnapps buzz. He said they had also hoped the sound of the blender would be loud on set and constantly going off during the show, but it ended up too quiet.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
also (all copy/paste from reddit),

-275 people attended the Zoom wrap up call

-Gregg hates Lord of the Rings, Tim likes it but isn't a huge fan.

-Tim said he literally grabbed the toy Minion on his way out the door(from his kid) to the studio as it was an on the fly decision to use during the show.

-Tim edits Gregg's Oscer Special segments every year. He doesn't really like the process so his first edit is good enough.

-Gregg did not confirm or deny being Muncher

-(addition to 1) They wanted to do something for this year, even if it meant doing something like the first special. They started out thinking this might be the smallest Oscar Special and ended up being the biggest ever.

-(addition to 3) They plan to do a season in Fall then from there out January/Fall. So it seems if you paid this year you are getting one season of OCATC. They say they have plenty of other things planned throughout the year though.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Lol, RJs ripping hot and hards the entire show disrupting everything would’ve been great.

Also when I saw the minion under the main TV towards the end I was expecting Tim to completely lose it when he noticed it

E: also I guess I don’t really blame mark for feeling like his character doesn’t have a lot of gas left in the tank, but I still really hope to see him return. Mark is a king

Overall it’s really strange kinda getting all this out of character stuff from these guys. I mean I think the adult swim stuff and everything kind of forced their hand so they need to make it clear to everybody what’s going on. I kinda appreciated never getting any “inside” details like this before, but I get why they feel like they need to right now.

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 1, 2021

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I always figured Mark's just busier with WWDITS these days and wasn't able to make it into the last couple specials. Hopefully he thinks of something good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah Mark's a pretty busy actor, his little segment in the show was honestly a good way to write him out and a decent ending for the character.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Gregg actually hating Lord of the Rings is really funny to me.

That's also really strange that Adult Swim owns Decker. I guess it was a byproduct of Decker actually showing on TV?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Detective No. 27 posted:

I always figured Mark's just busier with WWDITS these days and wasn't able to make it into the last couple specials. Hopefully he thinks of something good.

Mark was on Twitter last week posting about local Canadian television and WWDITS is filmed up here so you're probably right.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I hope it doesn’t mean they’re prohibited from using all the innovative greenscreen/CGI techniques from decker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Fructidor
Jan 8, 2004

Great to hear about Dr. San, he was always one of my favorite aspects to the universe. "Doctor Luther IS Doctor San!" and the ghost of ol San swinging in his cell still crack me the hell up.