Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Never thought I'd get reports in the Jeopardy thread!

Try to keep the cross forum/rap sheet dunks to a minimum, please.

Anyway lol I would not be surprised if this Kelly guy was an idiot racist, because who the hell in North America uses the middle, ring and pinky finger to denote the number three?

e: good god what a shameful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Was the report phrased as a question? Or as a Jeopardy clue?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

CPColin posted:

Neither, which I am now realizing I should probe all of the people who made reports for.

But I'm too lazy.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

CPColin posted:

Goddamn this is a perfect point.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

esperterra posted:

:allears:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wooger posted:

\b) The whole white power link was invented as a joke, isn’t real, and that gesture is widely used the world over every day. Pull yourself together American media.

ironic racism is still racism, dickhead.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

esperterra posted:

Try to keep the cross forum/rap sheet dunks to a minimum, please.

Anyway lol I would not be surprised if this Kelly guy was an idiot racist, because who the hell in North America uses the middle, ring and pinky finger to denote the number three?

e: good god what a shameful snipe

Wait’ll you see what I do to the Wheel of Fortune thread

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
"I'd like to buy a new account, Pat."

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

christmas boots posted:

:eyepop:

Groundskeeper Silly
Sep 1, 2005

My philosophy...
The first rule is:
You look good.
Whoever the permanent host turns out to be, I hope they don't, on triple stumpers, phrase the answers in the forms of questions. "We were looking for, what is granola?", etc. It bugs me with some of the guest hosts. It make them seem more like a fan than a host.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

Groundskeeper Silly posted:

Whoever the permanent host turns out to be, I hope they don't, on triple stumpers, phrase the answers in the forms of questions. "We were looking for, what is granola?", etc. It bugs me with some of the guest hosts. It make them seem more like a fan than a host.

When I heard Anderson say it like that it made me think that it’s probably written on his podium like that so he can verify without thinking too much - i.e. for the given clue the expected answer is “what is granola?”

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

esperterra posted:

who the hell in North America uses the middle, ring and pinky finger to denote the number three?

Just NFL refs to denote 3rd down so it's more visually distinct from the signal for 2nd (1st being an arm motion instead of holding up a hand, and 4th being a closed fist). Otherwise, yeah, no normal human does that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Who's up next?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Who's up next?
Bill Whitaker and then Buzzy for tournament of Champions.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
i'm so fuckin jazzed for ToC. i miss them!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Seriously, last night had a tie for second at like $17k! It ruled!

And then like an upsettingly gimme final to kill all the tension, including two really dumb bets from the tied contestants.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I don't love Buzzy, but there is something about him and the tournament that feels like we're getting back to real Jeopardy.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Also this year is a bunch of contestants who were very dominant in their regular season runs: jason z along with three (!) 8x winners. going to be some real barn-burners

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
When do they start taping for the following season?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

zakharov posted:

When do they start taping for the following season?

it's usually been mid-July in the past, I'm assuming it's more complicated this time and we won't know for sure until they've decided on a permanent host

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

christmas boots posted:

Speaking of Wheel, a contestant this week won almost $400k in cash and prizes including a Jimmy Buffet house (yes you read that right).

And Vanna got hit in the face with the confetti cannon.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Timeless Appeal posted:

I don't love Buzzy, but there is something about him and the tournament that feels like we're getting back to real Jeopardy.

yea Buzzy's a bit dull but I'm hype for ToC, lots of real good champs this season and as an anime fan I'm always a slut for a tournament format anyway.

Cooper was fine, it's Anderson Cooper, he's charming but a bit too rich to not be just a little bit of a lizard person when chatting and all. I'm not 90 so I don't really watch a bunch of 60 Minutes so no clue what to expect from the upcoming dude.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

yea Buzzy's a bit dull but I'm hype for ToC, lots of real good champs this season and as an anime fan I'm always a slut for a tournament format anyway.

big same -- i think that's why i love the british quiz shows so much, some of them are literally always in a tournament

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I should figure out when I'm eligible to try again now that I'm vaccinated and things are returning to normalcy relatively soon. I know they paused the countdown when they weren't filming last year, so I have no idea when I can take the test again.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Pre empted in NYC due to the NFL Draft. It's postponed to Saturday at 7 here but I'll be busy then.

Anderson was OK, not the best but not the worst. I don't see him getting the gig on top of everything else on his plate.

Fellow 60 Minutes correspondent Bill Whitaker up on Monday.

Island Nation fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 1, 2021

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Did Andy wander in off the street?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Anderson was probably tied with Couric for me for the actual reading of the clues (what a surprise, the people with years of experience doing this sort of thing on camera are good at it!) but also had the least personality. If they want a host who will completely blend into the background they should go with him. Rodgers is still my favourite of everyone.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Anderson had a really weird cadence for me, sometimes he was too fast and sometimes he was too slow.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Poque posted:

And then like an upsettingly gimme final to kill all the tension, including two really dumb bets from the tied contestants.

Seeing those bets after all the betting talk in the thread made me lol

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Poque posted:

I can kind of squint and see that betting just enough to win if both of your opponents are wrong. But... you knew there was only one bet you could make to make sure the person you were tied with didn't become champion instead of you. Now is not the time to play safe.

and you're contributing to charity with house money on top of it. loving go for it. Double up.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wish I had been tracking how many of these Finals shoulda been 200 dollar clues because "queue" was one of them.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

packetmantis posted:

Did Andy wander in off the street?

Even his interview was weird. He's been in eating contests, one of which involved hard-boiled eggs.

I'd imagine something was cut there because Anderson was on to the next contestant within 5 seconds.

I miss the good Jeopardy because of work but was home to see this turd of an episode.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I like how Emily always looks like she's scheming something. I also like how Andy today answered "duke" and "admiral" to two clues that already contained those words.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You okay, Andy?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zero One posted:

And Vanna got hit in the face with the confetti cannon.

arguably the most interesting thing to happen on wheel of fortune since they went to the all-cash format.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

CPColin posted:

I like how Emily always looks like she's scheming something. I also like how Andy today answered "duke" and "admiral" to two clues that already contained those words.

And also gave multiple non-seven letter answers to the seven letter animals clue.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Andy was too powerful to be contained by mere Jeopardy, he'll soon eat the forbidden eggs and ascend

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Is everybody ready to have our first host of colour tonight after four months???

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Woooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

HookShot posted:

Is everybody ready to have our first host of colour tonight after four months???

*57 Years