Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Levitate posted:

Granted this is for doing Fox stuff, I'm not sure about RockShock

For a rockshox lower service you only need new foam rings, oil & sram butter. Thats for the 50hr service. The 200hr requires a seal kit etc with new orings and wipers but its still not very much in terms of cost and the only specalized tool you need is internal c-clip pliers to get into the airspring.

Servicing a charger damper looks pretty complex however and thats probably something I'll still end up paying a shop to do when its time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
the fox recirculating fork dampers are pretty easy to service, the shocks with the nitrogen charge or needing a proper vacuum bleed are a pain to do at home.

mexecan
Jul 10, 2006

Levitate posted:

I don't think that it's the caliper that's resin pad only, it's the rotor's that are marked as "recommended".

however if you keep looking down the sheet there is:

Recommended disc brake rotor SM-RT54* SM-RT56* SM-RT64 SM-RT66

There’s my problem. I have the RT66 so will be fine. Thanks.

And the people at my LBS shall never again be trusted.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
edit: ^^^ awesome

Oh, here's something I found in a bike tech talk about rotors and such:

https://bikerumor.com/2020/12/04/aasq-96-get-your-geek-on-w-brake-rotor-tech-from-hayes-shimano-magura-trp/

Shimano posted:

One thing to note is that we do make some rotors that only work with resin pads. They are entry-level rotors that skip the heat treating step in manufacturing. If you used metal pads with them you would destroy them fairly quickly and make a lot of noise while doing it. These are typically used on bikes with brakes that can only take resin pads anyway, so it’s a great way to save some money for those riders.

The calipers themselves seem to be compatible with metal pads but the rotors probably have the above applicable to them

Levitate fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 1, 2021

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

bicievino posted:

This is interesting.
I had kinda written all mtb-suspension-related service as something I didn't want to gently caress with learning.
What's the cutoff of easy vs. not worth?

Generally damper service/full rebuilds are kinda a pain and I plan to leave to the shop. So for my RockShox shock I did the 50 hour service. For my fork, I did lowers and regreased the air spring. There are some parts to buy but you save so much by not going into the shop.

mashed_penguin posted:

Yeah absolutely. I did a lowers service for the first time recently and it was pretty easy. I'm currently in the process of putting new tubless tires on for the first time and a longer dropper. My bike is spending more time in pieces at the moment than together :v:

Can relate but man it feels so good when its back together and you take it out on the trail.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

spwrozek posted:

Oh for sure. I am chasing it down. It is just completely consistent at the bottom of every pedal stroke. I am looking everywhere though.

E: If I am honest I only really posted this to try to stop the terrible derail that was happening. A bit of advice is a nice benefit though.

Same bike and most of my creaks were from the pivots and the headset when I suspected the BB, think this was the same for Spime Wrangler (sp?). For whatever reason there's a bit of a gap between the fork and headset. I try to put as little grease as possible on the lower bearing but it still gets poo poo in there like crazy so I try to wipe with a rag after most rides. The pivots aren't too bad after doing it a couple times.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Suburban Dad posted:

Same bike and most of my creaks were from the pivots and the headset when I suspected the BB, think this was the same for Spime Wrangler (sp?). For whatever reason there's a bit of a gap between the fork and headset. I try to put as little grease as possible on the lower bearing but it still gets poo poo in there like crazy so I try to wipe with a rag after most rides. The pivots aren't too bad after doing it a couple times.

I will check the pivots. I already pulled the fork and that looked good. Thanks man.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Yeah I’m four full seasons without a new bottom bracket on my Fuel EX, no issues, despite lots of water exposure. It’s always pivots or seat tube for me. Impossible to localize to any one spot though, have to do a full rear triangle disassembly and deep clean about once a year to quiet things down.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

So after moving to the mountains in 2019, I decided it was time to replace my one-size-tries-to-fit-all 5010 with more bikes. I ordered a DV9 and a Ripmo middle of 2020 summer, got the DV9 in time to enjoy fall riding and sell the 5010 then, but got the Ripmo in February, right in the middle of ski season. I've taken the travel restrictions seriously, so wasn't really able to ride the Ripmo until I got my first COVID vaccine appointment which was only available on the other side of the county, at a lower elevation without snow. Took the opportunity to ride some trails down there (Grass Valley, CA) that I'd never done before, but had heard good things about. Fast, smooth, flowy.

First time down there took it easy as it was my first ride on the Ripmo, first ride period after like 5 months of winter, and I'd just had a vaccine shot.

Since then, things have started to thaw out around home, but just barely; my favorite quick loop trail near home is one of the only things clear but I've lapped it a good 20 or so times this month, and have made some serious improvements already on the new bike and with all that practice with the gap jumps on the trail, and just riding much smoother through the turns. Loving it, and the bike.

This past week, I went down to Grass Valley again for my second shot, planning to hit the same trails again, and brought my DV9 along as well to lend to forums poster e.pilot who was in the area as well.

I've been super pleased with the gopro hero 9 I got this winter; I don't usually take it out and still feel a bit silly wearing it biking/skiing, but unlike cameras I've had in the past it is good enough that I don't have to futz with it too much to get footage that I think is pretty good, as I have pretty much zero interest in going in the deep end of video editing.

For those interested in checking out riding in the sierras and foothills, here's Hoot trail in Grass Valley, one of the two we did on that ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGm1tmdpq3k

and before that, here's the second part of Scott's Flat, with mr pilot in front:

https://gopro.com/v/OWlgWrr1Kyvbv

and here's the last downhill section of my local favorite, Jackass, in Truckee:

https://gopro.com/v/36O8RNrN63by6

I've managed to get out on the ripmo just about every other day this month, and am once again megastocked on mountain bicycles.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Dren posted:

The game changer for him would be something that lets him lock the pedals at 3 and 9 like he was asking for

If it weren't for the middrive motor, I wonder if you could fit a tandem crank, mount a rotor in the NDS side, and then install a third brake to lock the crank angle. Hell, you still could if the motor used a common spindle standard and could sacrifice some Q factor.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

kimbo305 posted:

If it weren't for the middrive motor, I wonder if you could fit a tandem crank, mount a rotor in the NDS side, and then install a third brake to lock the crank angle. Hell, you still could if the motor used a common spindle standard and could sacrifice some Q factor.

I have no idea if this would work but I’m sure as hell asking the LBS about it next time I’m there.

Thanks for this, and all the other advice people have given.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Voodoofly posted:

I have no idea if this would work but I’m sure as hell asking the LBS about it next time I’m there.

Thanks for this, and all the other advice people have given.

all the poo poo about ableism aside, is “git gud” an option for you? you said your leg is a bummer, is it possible it could get strong enough to hold your weight or is a mechanical solution needed? cuz if so you’re probably better off talking to a dr than asking for help here

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Dren posted:

all the poo poo about ableism aside, is “git gud” an option for you? you said your leg is a bummer, is it possible it could get strong enough to hold your weight or is a mechanical solution needed? cuz if so you’re probably better off talking to a dr than asking for help here

It won’t ever get stronger. The doctors had to sever my right L3 and L4 periphery nerves at the base of the spine. So there isn’t a nerve to fire the muscles those nerves used to feed and therefore no way to make those muscles grow. Like I can learn to cheat things and maybe some of the nerves that still work can remap to cover other things but it’s been 12 years my quad is never magically coming back to even 20% strength.

Medically speaking I shouldn’t be able to walk unassisted. But I can. There are lots of things that I shouldn’t be able to do but I can. My neurosurgeon is still flipping his poo poo that I can even ride an E-bike up hills for any sort of distance. I’m well into unknown territory and most doctors and therapists are pretty honest that all I can do is keep trying poo poo and seeing if it works, and most agree that the more opinions I can get the better. You never know when someone will think of something that works.

The guy who owns my local shop has worked with other people with severe disabilities, it’s why I went with his shop, but he is also the first to say that it’s all experimentation. I’ve spoken with a couple other shops, with people at Whistlers adaptive sports program, and I’ve even ran down a guy I saw riding a road bike with one leg.

This thread is just another knowledge base, but it’s full of smart people and you never know when someone will say something that might help.

So I do appreciate everyone’s thoughts and advice.

Edit: and my left leg is loving strong, more than enough to hold me up and brace myself. It’s basically worked as two legs for 12 years. I can easily support myself on just the left leg, I just don’t want to break my loving foot because the crank is at 6 and my foot is inches off the ground. And I just need my right foot and leg not flying off into gently caress-off land every time I hit a serious bump.

Voodoofly fucked around with this message at 03:07 on May 1, 2021

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao
Just want to say than I'm glad you're back riding, glad you're enjoying it, and I hope you keep riding and posting about it.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

How important is backpedaling/ratcheting to you? If you could do without, a one way/sprag clutch on the main crank might work. There’s probably already one in the motor assembly, maybe there’s space for another if you could get a manufacturer or skilled fabricator to spend some time on it.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

kimbo305 posted:

Most of those mid drive units are square taper on both sides so mounting a rotor or a fabricated metal disc the same width to the NDS is as easy as buying a super cheap 1x crank from some place like Damco bolting the disc to it and throwing it on the NDS.

If the third brake lever had a parking lock like you find on adult trikes and jogging strollers you'd be set.

The only real challenge would be mounting the caliper.

Edit: gently caress me i know a guy whos opening a bike shop with an emphasis on assistive cycling and he'd probably love taking a crack at a project like this. Too bad Winnipeg is in the middle of loving nowhere.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 03:56 on May 1, 2021

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

EvilJoven posted:

The only real challenge would be mounting the caliper.

I'm not sure if you could easily get enough clearance between the caliper and the back of the crank arm.

Mounting probably wouldn't be too bad on a hardtail, but with the full suspension, would make more sense to go off the seat tube, if weren't for the shock:

Maybe use long bolts on the two front holes securing the motor, and mounting some sort of adapter plate on the outside?

And apparently the fancier ebike spindle standard is... ISIS.

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

Voodoofly posted:

It won’t ever get stronger. The doctors had to sever my right L3 and L4 periphery nerves at the base of the spine. So there isn’t a nerve to fire the muscles those nerves used to feed and therefore no way to make those muscles grow. Like I can learn to cheat things and maybe some of the nerves that still work can remap to cover other things but it’s been 12 years my quad is never magically coming back to even 20% strength.

Medically speaking I shouldn’t be able to walk unassisted. But I can. There are lots of things that I shouldn’t be able to do but I can. My neurosurgeon is still flipping his poo poo that I can even ride an E-bike up hills for any sort of distance. I’m well into unknown territory and most doctors and therapists are pretty honest that all I can do is keep trying poo poo and seeing if it works, and most agree that the more opinions I can get the better. You never know when someone will think of something that works.

The guy who owns my local shop has worked with other people with severe disabilities, it’s why I went with his shop, but he is also the first to say that it’s all experimentation. I’ve spoken with a couple other shops, with people at Whistlers adaptive sports program, and I’ve even ran down a guy I saw riding a road bike with one leg.

This thread is just another knowledge base, but it’s full of smart people and you never know when someone will say something that might help.

Edit: and my left leg is loving strong, more than enough to hold me up and brace myself. It’s basically worked as two legs for 12 years. I can easily support myself on just the left leg, I just don’t want to break my loving foot because the crank is at 6 and my foot is inches off the ground. And I just need my right foot and leg not flying off into gently caress-off land every time I hit a serious bump.

I have a friend with Muscular dystrophy which has been pretty severe most of his life - He managed things just fine - does a lot of running and climbing - but its quite hard when it comes to communicating certain movements for climbing techniques. I think a few of us probably dont quite understand how this sort of how muscle weakness works and how it might affect ergonomics in a bike.

If you have a weakness in one leg and have one leg in front of the other(3 and 9 oclock) then its going to be quite hard to 'git gud' past the issue.
I think you'll find the strong leg being bent and loaded a lot which will be tough to maintain - a lot of mountain biking on tough terrain is about conserving energy and not burning out quickly. Having the pedals at 12 and 6 will result in a seesaw effect and wont feel stable.

Someone mentioned something about stunt pegs in the centre of bottom bracket position - i think thats a great place to start thinking about things. That way you can keep your legs inline with each other and can adopt a heels down/straighter leg attack position. What about a system where you pedal to the top of a hill or trail and then put in stunt pegs for the descent? You could also see if there is a way to mod the bike so you can get pedal assist without pedalling(if thats possible).

Just some ideas - hope it helps.

BTW - does anyone have opinions on Assegai comared to minion DHF as a front tyre (on an enduro bike)- currently running minion DD WT 2.5 and the side knobbys are on the way out, so im thinking of replacing it. Ive been quite happy the past 3 years running minion DHF/DHR2 combo, but amlooking for options or other recomanded combos worth considering. Conditions i ride in are mixed(dry, wet, mud, rock, roots) so i dont think the maxxis semi slick options will be useful.

numptyboy fucked around with this message at 10:21 on May 1, 2021

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I worry about disabling backpedaling because I backpedal to avoid roots and rocks. A concern with the brake based solution is that it must not restrict the ability to grab the actual brake at the same time. The pegs sound good because they’d keep your weight and balance centered over the BB, something a 3 or 9 pedal position does not allow but obviously you can’t pedal while they are in. Now I am imagining special cranks that somehow allow the pedal to lock at either the BB or the end of the crank that can be somehow switched between those positions while riding.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Voodoofly posted:

No help from me on solutions but it's badass that you're still at it despite what you've been through. I may be in store for a fusion later myself (herniated disc and 1 surgery so far but it's not going to get better with age) so this is a bit scary but also promising. Did they intend to cut that nerve or was it collateral damage? Honestly I haven't looked into the procedure much. Is your range of motion noticeably reduced?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ebikes being so great now should be super exciting for us all because we'll be able to trail ride forever

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
This is why ebikes should be allowed on all cycling infrastructure.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Again thanks for all the replies. All of this is still a ways off but I’ll definitely be talking with shops about some ideas and let people know how it goes.

And yeah most of this is just living in the North Shore surrounded by amazing trails and wanting to push myself as far as I can. Worst case I can still ride access, gravel trails, and some super beginner kid style trails, all of which I would never have dreamed even a few years ago. If that’s all I can do I’ll still be happy as hell.

But I won’t lie every time I come past a cool downhill trail I spend five minutes (or more likely a few hours at work during the week) trying to figure out ways I can eventually get down it.

And pegs. Yeah pegs might be the simple solution, especially on a downhill trial if I don’t need to peddle.

Suburban Dad posted:

No help from me on solutions but it's badass that you're still at it despite what you've been through. I may be in store for a fusion later myself (herniated disc and 1 surgery so far but it's not going to get better with age) so this is a bit scary but also promising. Did they intend to cut that nerve or was it collateral damage? Honestly I haven't looked into the procedure much. Is your range of motion noticeably reduced?

I had a massive spinal tumour that was right up against the spine at L2 and L3. . They had to cut my nerves to get the tumor out, and to do that they had to shave away the bone on my spine. It had also pushed some of the other nerves out of alignment so they ended up reseating them but in the end I have a five level fusion (L2 to S1). It was just one part of a multi day procedure to get the thing out of me in one piece.

So basically don’t let my story scare you. Even on me the fusion itself is the least problematic issue, and from my understanding the range of motion issues is basically compounded as you fuse multiple vertebrae. I know people with one lever or two level fusions and they can do just about everything they did before. Often better as they are in less pain.

I won’t lie and say a fusion is a breeze but from people I know who had disc issues their response to a fusion is usually “I wish I got this years ago”.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Steve French posted:

For those interested in checking out riding in the sierras and foothills, here's Hoot trail in Grass Valley, one of the two we did on that ride:

and before that, here's the second part of Scott's Flat, with mr pilot in front:

https://gopro.com/v/OWlgWrr1Kyvbv

lol I’m so out of practice

thanks again for bringing the DV9 down, it was fun to get out on the dirt again

jokes on me for selling my MTB last summer thinking the bike market would be back to normal by now and I could pick something up this season :smith:

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 1, 2021

mexecan
Jul 10, 2006

numptyboy posted:

BTW - does anyone have opinions on Assegai comared to minion DHF as a front tyre (on an enduro bike)- currently running minion DD WT 2.5 and the side knobbys are on the way out, so im thinking of replacing it. Ive been quite happy the past 3 years running minion DHF/DHR2 combo, but amlooking for options or other recomanded combos worth considering. Conditions i ride in are mixed(dry, wet, mud, rock, roots) so i dont think the maxxis semi slick options will be useful.

This is a great resource if you’re looking for Maxxis combos:

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/blogs/worldwide-cyclery-blog/maxxis-tires-simplified-the-best-mtb-tire-combos-for-your-bike-video

I’m running DHF/DHR now as well. I’m looking for something a bit faster rolling for the dryer summer weather so will be switching to DHR/Rekon.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

I run DHF and Ardent. I like that the bike goes where I point the front wheel, but the Ardent has a nice balance between low rolling resistance and reasonable braking control. It's pretty decent.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

mexecan posted:

I’m reading about replacement pads for the stock resin pads it came with. Apparently Deore 6100 is resin pad compatible only though? Thoughts? What causes the limitation here?
Just get metal pads and a metal-pad compatible disc and see if that's enough.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Woof, day four after the second dose of vaccine and I thought I was fully recovered, hit the first big hill in my rode today and it was like my soul left my body, felt like I was going to fall asleep in the saddle

Lighter note, been granted full work from wherever over wfh, planning a grand tour out west (USA only obv, no Whistler :( ). Fully expecting the worst fire season ever until next year, how do y'all out there manage it on ride days with smoke, what are the good resources for air quality forecast?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Local weather reports will have air quality information. I gave asthma, I ride in pollen but smoke seems like a really bad idea if it's anything but very light.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Finished my day of bike nerding in the garage. Got my Maxxis Aesagai DHR combo on to replace the Goodyear Newton ST I've had for the last year that are totally worn out. Looking forward to seeing what actually having center tread feels like again.

I also put my new 180mm oneup dropper in to replace the 100mm KS that was stock on the bike. Its pretty awesome that with the oneup you can have a huge amount more extension for the same or less insertion depth. Now I can get the seat down as far as it possibly can go. I ended up shimming it down 10mm to 170mm which feels perfect. Its also so much faster than the KS as well which probably just needed a full overhaul but i'm happy.

Side by side with the KS lined up at the collar. Much more pop in the drop.

mashed fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 2, 2021

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Purple air was what most people used back in the Bay Area for air quality. Honestly I can’t imagine riding if there are fires anywhere nearby. Also fire smoke sometimes doesn’t trigger on air quality readings very well and it can shift rapidly: just trust your lungs if it feels bad but air quality says it’s good.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Did 20 miles on the trails, then as soon as I sat down my toddler woke from his nap and we went for a family ride on the greenway for another 10 miles.

My body hates me.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Riding when it's smokey isn't just bad for your lungs, it's bad for your eyes, too.
If this summer gets hosed by smoke I'm going to just cry.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Car Hater posted:

Woof, day four after the second dose of vaccine and I thought I was fully recovered, hit the first big hill in my rode today and it was like my soul left my body, felt like I was going to fall asleep in the saddle

Lighter note, been granted full work from wherever over wfh, planning a grand tour out west (USA only obv, no Whistler :( ). Fully expecting the worst fire season ever until next year, how do y'all out there manage it on ride days with smoke, what are the good resources for air quality forecast?

Riding in smoke is pretty terrible for you so I just do trainer rides then
which is sad

bicievino posted:

Riding when it's smokey isn't just bad for your lungs, it's bad for your eyes, too.
If this summer gets hosed by smoke I'm going to just cry.

I'm just hoping we don't have crazy poo poo like the lightning storms last year that completely hosed us before the real fire season even began

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I bought a pnw cascade dropper + loam lever and installed them today. The cable frayed when attaching it to the lever which pissed me off but I got it working anyway. Got the bike to the trail and the post was stuck dropped. I figured it had to be the frayed cable so I went to the LBS, got a new cable, and installed it. Still no dice. Turns out the nylon cable in the upper actuator detached. I tried to get it back on but had problems. Pretty pissed at this thing for failing so quickly.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Did some trails with my best riding buddy today.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Dren posted:

I bought a pnw cascade dropper + loam lever and installed them today. The cable frayed when attaching it to the lever which pissed me off but I got it working anyway. Got the bike to the trail and the post was stuck dropped. I figured it had to be the frayed cable so I went to the LBS, got a new cable, and installed it. Still no dice. Turns out the nylon cable in the upper actuator detached. I tried to get it back on but had problems. Pretty pissed at this thing for failing so quickly.

PNW has lifetime warranty im pretty sure. Reach out to customer service.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx

Koth posted:

love it.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Your buddy seems Very Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Koth posted:

Your dog is the best dog also lmao at the 'swimmers' wading around in the background with a big rear end chunk of ice next to them. It's sad like watching someone cross country 'skiing' around on grass with a pathetic dusting of snow on top of it.