Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

>>Seeing the situation outside, Baker calls back into the dive bar, "Hey, Roz, you wanna get out here and pull the wagon out of harms way? This beastie has decided he hates it for some reason. Maybe if you pull it out of his eyeline it will help."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

>>Ighty hated that blasted pantswolf and he didn't care who knew it!

>>Beelzebug now... That was a reliable ally! Ighty had nothing but good things to say about him!

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Vail thanks you guys for your assistance in this matter and decides to leave. She's apparently v busy.

:rolldice: you successfully snag the beasts and bail away while the deer starts to work itself into a frenzy. Probably unless someone steps in it's gonna gently caress up your wagon pretty good and maybe the people who're in it

>>The detective unsteadily hovers on over towards the entrance and fixes a telekinetic eye beam on the raging beast - attempting to hold it back from further attacks on the wagon and anything else until its owner (hopefully) intervenes at some point.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Tawgh is more focused on getting the animals to safety right now, and leaves the raging deer thing to the others.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

>> Roz has been talking nonstop about her exploits, it's super important to her that these people know how great and cool and capable she is, and she side-eyes the wagon outside getting smashed, but the animals are okay so it's probably fine. The rest of the team has it handled. probably.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Hipster Occultist posted:

Tawgh is more focused on getting the animals to safety right now, and leaves the raging deer thing to the others.

:rolldice: you get them to safety no problemo. The deer seems to be really pissed Naem tried sweet talking it and fully intends to flip the whole goddamn thing over if that's what it takes to get him into trampling range.

reignofevil posted:

>>Ighty hated that blasted pantswolf and he didn't care who knew it!

>>Beelzebug now... That was a reliable ally! Ighty had nothing but good things to say about him!

The bug menaces with pincers and flails its legs around angrily even as Tog grabs the sucker and pulls it away from danger. Truly the heart of a hero.

clockwork chaos posted:

>> Roz has been talking nonstop about her exploits, it's super important to her that these people know how great and cool and capable she is, and she side-eyes the wagon outside getting smashed, but the animals are okay so it's probably fine. The rest of the team has it handled. probably.

They listen intently and continue to shoot the poo poo with you.
Vail struts up and whistles to the rampant creature. Probably she does indeed have it handled.

Stoner Sloth posted:

>>The detective unsteadily hovers on over towards the entrance and fixes a telekinetic eye beam on the raging beast - attempting to hold it back from further attacks on the wagon and anything else until its owner (hopefully) intervenes at some point.

:rolldice: -33
When Vail whistles the deer stops smashing and almost liquidly abandons the wagon and walks over to her, completely avoiding your eyebeams. She strokes it's muzzle for a second and then hops into the saddle (it has a saddle i dunno if i mentioned this). Then she whistles again, but differently, and pretty much everyone in the bar snaps to attention and gets up to leave. This includes the "bouncers" from before. It's pretty much everyone except the bartender.

You guys all notice it smells weirdly like a fen when the deer is nearby.

Facebook Aunt posted:

>>Seeing the situation outside, Baker calls back into the dive bar, "Hey, Roz, you wanna get out here and pull the wagon out of harms way? This beastie has decided he hates it for some reason. Maybe if you pull it out of his eyeline it will help."

rolling perception... 27
Yeah this for sure is not a normal deer and Vail must be some kind of real... hardass? Evil sorceress? It takes something to handle it the way she does. Maybe you're not the beast expert but there's something fucky going on, a little bit uncanny.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

>>The beholder looks over the wagon, seeing how much damage has been inflicted and trying to hide their mild shock at how easily Vail is able to command the insane murderbeast/spirit given how just by itself its outclassed the entire group so far. Assuming the battle scarred wagon is still mobile they'll say to the others "Guess we should get moving too." and to the obvious leader of this group "Nice to meet ya Vail. Let us know if ya need anything else."

naem
May 29, 2011

“Oy musta been som’n I ate!” Naem says, cupping his hand to smell his own breath

“Gaaaaagh eggs!!” Naem wafts away the smell

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Stoner Sloth posted:

>>The beholder looks over the wagon, seeing how much damage has been inflicted and trying to hide their mild shock at how easily Vail is able to command the insane murderbeast/spirit given how just by itself its outclassed the entire group so far. Assuming the battle scarred wagon is still mobile they'll say to the others "Guess we should get moving too." and to the obvious leader of this group "Nice to meet ya Vail. Let us know if ya need anything else."

The wagon's busted slightly but not seriously damaged. Enough that people would think you're the type to get into some poo poo pretty regularly.

naem posted:

“Oy musta been som’n I ate!” Naem says, cupping his hand to smell his own breath

“Gaaaaagh eggs!!” Naem wafts away the smell

The deer growls a little and acts pretty huffy about it like you're a jerk.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

>>Baker waits for the weirdos to leave, clutching the money tightly. Once they are gone we can hook Belezebug back to the wagon and GTFO.

If we're going to take the vampire investigation job we should head back there right away. If they have and protection charms or tips we want to get that before sunset.

If we're not going to take the vampire investigation job we should pack up and get out of town as soon as possible. Before noon, if we can.

Either way, Baker would like to swing by the mage's guild today. Her report caused a stir, so chances are everybody has been gossiping about it all day, and maybe someone more knowledgeable has found some spells or whatever. I think our biggest risk is one of our guys getting charmed, so I'd really like to find some kind of protection from charm. If we can keep it a straight fight we have better chances. Daggers may be useless, but few creatures can ignore having limbs lopped off by Roz's huge axe.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Facebook Aunt posted:

>>Baker waits for the weirdos to leave, clutching the money tightly. Once they are gone we can hook Belezebug back to the wagon and GTFO.

If we're going to take the vampire investigation job we should head back there right away. If they have and protection charms or tips we want to get that before sunset.

If we're not going to take the vampire investigation job we should pack up and get out of town as soon as possible. Before noon, if we can.

Either way, Baker would like to swing by the mage's guild today. Her report caused a stir, so chances are everybody has been gossiping about it all day, and maybe someone more knowledgeable has found some spells or whatever. I think our biggest risk is one of our guys getting charmed, so I'd really like to find some kind of protection from charm. If we can keep it a straight fight we have better chances. Daggers may be useless, but few creatures can ignore having limbs lopped off by Roz's huge axe.

>>Once the OTHER weirdos are gone on their way, the beholder takes a big drag on their cigar, stowing the rest of the high octane booze in their trenchcoat. Exhaling the acrid smoke they take a moment to think things through.

>>Then Marlowe floats on over, breath stinking like a fire at the whiskey factory, and says to Baker "Alright... now they're gonna I'll grab my cut of the loot. Good hustle on grabbin' it kid, ya done good... least we got somethin' outta this meetin'."

>>The beholder adds to the discussion "Think we were gonna take the job, gives Medeline a chance to get back to me with fresh dirt on where the no good scoundrel what killed Corno is at - we're gonna need leads anyway unless we want to go on a wild goose chase. I'll come with ya to the mage's guild - might be able to get them to make me an item I been thinkin' of that should be useful for huntin' the vampire - but sounds like the Temple of Justice is our first port of call. I also got a few matters to attend to before we leave town, shouldn't take too long - mostly done already. All in all should be ready to hit the road once we get rid of this drat Dracula."

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Facebook Aunt posted:

Stoner Sloth posted:

>>Once the OTHER weirdos are gone on their way, the beholder takes a big drag on their cigar, stowing the rest of the high octane booze in their trenchcoat. Exhaling the acrid smoke they take a moment to think things through.

>>Then Marlowe floats on over, breath stinking like a fire at the whiskey factory, and says to Baker "Alright... now they're gonna I'll grab my cut of the loot. Good hustle on grabbin' it kid, ya done good... least we got somethin' outta this meetin'."

>>The beholder adds to the discussion "Think we were gonna take the job, gives Medeline a chance to get back to me with fresh dirt on where the no good scoundrel what killed Corno is at - we're gonna need leads anyway unless we want to go on a wild goose chase. I'll come with ya to the mage's guild - might be able to get them to make me an item I been thinkin' of that should be useful for huntin' the vampire - but sounds like the Temple of Justice is our first port of call. I also got a few matters to attend to before we leave town, shouldn't take too long - mostly done already. All in all should be ready to hit the road once we get rid of this drat Dracula."

Vail's crew get going and head to another part of the city, and you guys do too.

Back at the guild the boss is still gone and apparently is at some inquisition temple or other. The guild mages have been doing a bunch of research and have determined that it's critical to find out what kind of vampire it is before trying to do any kind of special charms against it. One of the journeymen holds up a dusty tome "says right here some of 'em got no bones." Then he sighs and puts a flask of bone hurting juice away.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Then he sighs and puts a flask of bone hurting juice away.
Awwww. :(

I wonder if Xoma has mirrored sun glasses? We could all look cool as gently caress.

>>"Okay, I guess we'll see what we can find out. Any word on the apprentice who took the necropolis investigation job?"

>>Baker sighs and heads back out to the group. "No joy at the mages guild. It looks like the Inquisition is it. Oh, before I forget," Baker hands sits in the wagon and divides up the giant sack of cash among the group members, stuffing her own share down her shirt like Roz. "There we go, all nice and tidy. Keep an eye out for pickpockets, eh?"

>>"Let's head over to the Inquisition and see what they have for us."

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Vail's crew get going and head to another part of the city, and you guys do too.

Back at the guild the boss is still gone and apparently is at some inquisition temple or other. The guild mages have been doing a bunch of research and have determined that it's critical to find out what kind of vampire it is before trying to do any kind of special charms against it. One of the journeymen holds up a dusty tome "says right here some of 'em got no bones." Then he sighs and puts a flask of bone hurting juice away.

>>Marlowe will give the guild a copy of their earlier report to see if they can give the group any clues as to what kind of vampire they're up against.

Facebook Aunt posted:

I wonder if Xoma has mirrored sun glasses? We could all look cool as gently caress.

>>The beholder will also enquire about the possibility of magical detective "glasses" that protect against things like vampiric charms as well as blindness in a proposal that will be PM'd to Sniper while at the mages guild.

>>Beyond that it looks like a trip to the Inquisition is in order.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

"Uh, can Tog borrow dat Vamprie book? Tog only big expert on Demons an such."

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
>>'I wanna kill a dracula!' Ighty says apropos of nothing, then he looks around and realizes he never left the fancy tavern.

>>He exits, sees the wagon is gone.

>>'Ah moons.'

>>Ighty joins the rest of the group!

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

>> Roz accompanies Corno, arms locked. It's important to see guests out properly and then leave after, for etiquette reasons and because their wagon looks like rear end. She'll accompany the team on dracula hunting, if the Noble is okay with it, but she's antsy to do the thing.

>> Maybe Chausiku had some more dragon leaf for her nerves...

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

>>Baker looks nervously to sky, judging the position of the sun. "We're burning daylight here, people."

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/dTW0CrXugdQ

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/oJ_gn2ni7WI

hi Todd of Todd’s Workshops here, today’s video is brought to you by our sponsor: Todd’s Workshop

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Facebook Aunt posted:

>>Baker looks nervously to sky, judging the position of the sun. "We're burning daylight here, people."

>>Little did Baker know at the time just how much daylight would be burned, however assuming the time stream in this particular reality goes on unabated, the detective attempts to purchase their mystical eyewear of choice, study this whole "vampire" case and, of course, do the Thing

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
>>'I think we should put an ad out for Dracula in the papers! Tell him we're lookin' for him! And if he has any wits about him he'll turn himself in!'

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Oh we're starting again

>> Rozalin, her plan having gone off without a hitch, more or less, is feeling incredibly smug. Swaggering to the beat up wagon, she sneers.
what a lovely fukken wagon, it's deffo time for an upgrade

>"yea nah guv, 'fore we track down this bleedin' bloodsucka a ya's, I'ma need some fresh mellagrass, like yesterday. Gonna 'avva visit wiff Chausie an' maybe 'avva butcher's at some new fuckin' wagons - this one's ugly as poo poo an' liable t'break a fuckin' axle 'fore we even get outta town."

>> She gives the back wheel a kick to demonstrate it's flimsyness.

naem
May 29, 2011

“Oi’ve got sommat for this here Drac’la!!” Naem says, patting his crossbow

“And it’s me shooting ‘i’m! With a crossboo!!”

“Pew!” Naem says

“Thas’ th’ soond a crossboo makes!!”

Naem Dwarfs in a Scottish manner

“Did I mention I’m a Dwarf??” Naem says, breaking the forth wall, looking directly at the camera

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

>>Baker nods, "It did a drat sight better than my dagger."

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/J51zzPQTCps

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Crossboooo

naem
May 29, 2011

:agreed:

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/9yegdG8F8oM

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

reignofevil posted:

>>'I think we should put an ad out for Dracula in the papers! Tell him we're lookin' for him! And if he has any wits about him he'll turn himself in!'

>>Ighty decides to be the change he wants to see! He buys some posterboard and some inks and he gets to work and puts this poster up all over Xoma!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

reignofevil posted:

>>Ighty decides to be the change he wants to see! He buys some posterboard and some inks and he gets to work and puts this poster up all over Xoma!

>>"We were supposed to keep this quiet. You're going to start a panic!"

naem
May 29, 2011

“Crossboo!” Naem nods to himself stoically

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

>>Baker daydreams about totally owning Dracula with some unflattering baked goods.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
>>Ighty crosses his arms.

>>'People are right to panic about Dracula. More panic means more people trying to spot that bloodsucker! This is war!'

.random
May 7, 2007

:munch: more like snack-ula :haw:

naem
May 29, 2011

Naem gets on the floor and stays sniffing like a bloodhound for draculas

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
alright, thread necromancy.

Facebook Aunt posted:

>>"Okay, I guess we'll see what we can find out. Any word on the apprentice who took the necropolis investigation job?"

>>Baker sighs and heads back out to the group. "No joy at the mages guild. It looks like the Inquisition is it. Oh, before I forget," Baker hands sits in the wagon and divides up the giant sack of cash among the group members, stuffing her own share down her shirt like Roz. "There we go, all nice and tidy. Keep an eye out for pickpockets, eh?"

>>"Let's head over to the Inquisition and see what they have for us."

Nobody knows what happened to the apprentice. It's seeming like maybe the guild was not fully informed of all the details or else maybe a stronger mage would have ended up with that job. And ended up getting payed a lot more than an apprentice might...

Stoner Sloth posted:

>>Marlowe will give the guild a copy of their earlier report to see if they can give the group any clues as to what kind of vampire they're up against.

>>The beholder will also enquire about the possibility of magical detective "glasses" that protect against things like vampiric charms as well as blindness in a proposal that will be PM'd to Sniper while at the mages guild.

>>Beyond that it looks like a trip to the Inquisition is in order.

the nerd squad takes the notes and starts correlating. It'll be a little wile before they know if any of this produces a new lead. I haven't been paying attention to Pms and will look at that after this.
The guild does have certain stuff like that and maybe mirroshades but it requires A Money to get one.

Hipster Occultist posted:

"Uh, can Tog borrow dat Vamprie book? Tog only big expert on Demons an such."

"Guildies only, bud"

clockwork chaos posted:

>> Roz accompanies Corno, arms locked. It's important to see guests out properly and then leave after, for etiquette reasons and because their wagon looks like rear end. She'll accompany the team on dracula hunting, if the Noble is okay with it, but she's antsy to do the thing.

>> Maybe Chausiku had some more dragon leaf for her nerves...

Corno is fine, and seems more resolute than normal. He shakes you hand noble style and thanks you for all your aid. He's going to proceed along with Vail's set and get revenge against his murderer, and wishes you the best.

---

If anybody has anything to say to Corno they should probably do this now because there's a real chance he's gonna die for real before you see him again. Other than that, you may wanna try and figure out other things you can do vs drac before nightfall.

Also if you got time post the crap you recall having so i can double check and remember if i'm forgetting anything like i think tog has a crystal of smiting or cloud gauntlets or something but never used it

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 4, 2021

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

reignofevil posted:

:rolldice: ... 5

as time passes the population is increasingly disturbed by the appearance of these new mysterious posters. They don't understand them. It's almost as if it's some esoteric in-joke... yet maybe it's more literal than anyone would have hoped. People of the city begin watching their backs, and the Inquisition begins receiving spurious reports of "vampires" that are all dead ends.

It's drawing closer to nightfall.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Tog can't help but shake the feeling that its been several months, and seems a little confused about recent events.

"Uh, Tog pretty hazy on da details an not really 'member what we doing, what da plan again? Tog 'member dat we goona try to kill Dracula, but not really 'member how."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
There is some kind of vampire haunting the holy sepulchers and tombs of Xoma. This evil bullshit fucker is bad news and is totally loving poo poo up. It's big time against the laws of nature and all this type of poo poo to be that kind of undead and it's a problem. One of the Mages' Guild guys went to investigate and never came home. The Inquisition is not cool with this and is willing to pay you guys to be deputized if you can wreck this thing and end the problem.

It's not super aligned with the Troll King, but you do know that the big boss is not ok with this kind of vile undeads so it might be worth it for you personally to gently caress em up. Plus if this drac gets ganked then innocent people will not have to worry about wandering the streets at night so it's sort of a win/win if you can actually face off vs it and win.

Problem is nobody's 100% what kind of vamp it might be so this could be a pretty dangerous case to crack. Even if you guys were totally certain it's probably not going to be an easy job.

In the meantime the only time-related job you guys have is Cannius Corno has been undead himself as a mummy and isn't really super cool with this turn of events and he figures if he's gonna get murdered he should be able to die for real. He needs revenge to do this though and is going to bail out with Diot Vail and her horsemen to go kill the witch who killed him. It's nbd if you guys don't want to help him, but on the other hand helping him means everyday live people in town could get ate by dracula so... it's up to you guys what you wanna do. Once Corno's murderer is brought to justice he can :rip: and is done. He's gonna give whoever helps him big money.

Corno likes you guys a lot and is more than willing to give advice and lore and poo poo like that, but he's ready to be fuckin' dead for real.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Aug 4, 2021