Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've caught up on Higehiro and boy I can't wait for next episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanGaffney
Mar 16, 2002
Nomad of the Time Streams

Bullbar posted:

Super Cub is genuinely the highlight of my week

"But it's just a giant ad for Honda."

I don't care. If it is, it's the BEST drat ad for Honda we will ever see. Admire the lingering, gorgeous animation of that Honda Engine Oil on the shelf.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

HONDA ULTRA G1 4 CYCLE ENGINE OIL

That's the best kind

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

SeanGaffney posted:

"But it's just a giant ad for Honda."

I don't care. If it is, it's the BEST drat ad for Honda we will ever see. Admire the lingering, gorgeous animation of that Honda Engine Oil on the shelf.

I’ve started unironically putting on YouTube videos of people putzing around on scooters or motorcycles in the background while I work since that show started.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Super Cub is amazing but I find it kinda sinister. Why are there so many Cub lovers in that town? I'm expecting the final episode to reveal that it was all a coma dream after she crashed on her first outing. The Cub claims its next victim...

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

chumbler posted:

I've caught up on Higehiro and boy I can't wait for next episode.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it too and I'm happy that Sayu's starting to make friends that look out for her.

Is the length of the manga such that it can be done in a single season, or is it going to be something where I have to hope it does well enough to get a second series announced at the end?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chas McGill posted:

Super Cub is amazing but I find it kinda sinister. Why are there so many Cub lovers in that town? I'm expecting the final episode to reveal that it was all a coma dream after she crashed on her first outing. The Cub claims its next victim...

Isn't their town out in the middle of nowhere? Having a motorbike would be a big thing with everything so far away.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The Super Cub is also the most produced motor vehicle in all of history, not just the most produced motorcycle. It's very popular in Japan in particular for what should be obvious reasons, being that Honda makes it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Coxswain Balls posted:

Is the length of the manga such that it can be done in a single season, or is it going to be something where I have to hope it does well enough to get a second series announced at the end?

I think they're working off the LNs (which I have not read), the anime seems like it's going to blow past the manga at the current pace.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
there's a scene in the manga that came out relatively recently that would be a good endpoint, and i really like the scene so i hope they go with that

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
today's episode of zls revenge was very gay - i love it

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I just checked out Vivy today and I love this poo poo. It's real good.

utamaru
Mar 8, 2008

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP

Willo567 posted:

today's episode of zls revenge was very gay - i love it

yeah that was so good, and not having a show last ep paid off :toot:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Anyone got around to watching Yasuke yet? How was it?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ibblebibble posted:

Anyone got around to watching Yasuke yet? How was it?
Apparently too much alien-related hijinks

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1387859309762125825?s=20
will probably have Bilibili subs but at least the episodes will be easy to find unlike the tomb robber one

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
Back Arrow 17: What's beyond the wall? Another wall, of course. My half-kidding aside, the big reveal seems to be next week.

But this time was quite fun nonetheless. Shu and Arrow really should get more scenes together, plus things escalated quickly and Zetsu really is the MVP when it comes to battles.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i really don't know how back arrow keeps topping itself every week but yeah, great episode all around and i'm excited for Answers.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Everything Burrito posted:

will probably have Bilibili subs but at least the episodes will be easy to find unlike the tomb robber one

Is the tomb robber anime based on the horror web novel where the guy is a feng shui master?

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Is Mugen Train considered seasonal for the purpose of US audiences?

I saw it, it was good, I can't wait for the next season.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Is the tomb robber anime based on the horror web novel where the guy is a feng shui master?

It's based on this novel series but idk if that's what you're talking about

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
I hope Mugen Train is still in theaters by the time my vaccines have fully kicked in. 3 weeks to go.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Whatever you do, definitely make sure you don't go looking for :filez: of that movie that may or may not be floating around. That would be wrong.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

It's based on this novel series but idk if that's what you're talking about

hmmm, don't think that is the one I was thinking about. This is going to bug me now.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Whatever you do, definitely make sure you don't go looking for :filez: of that movie that may or may not be floating around. That would be wrong.

tHIS. The patient pirate will wait for bluray rips.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Any strong opinions on Mars Red one way or another yet? Been considering checking it out.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Any strong opinions on Mars Red one way or another yet? Been considering checking it out.

Episode 1: Vampires are weird, inscrutable, and insane. Every part of the show is dripping with style.
Episode 2+: Vampires are criminals. Oh no, they're smuggling vampire drugs, send in the vampire cops. Where did the style go.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah Mars Red turned into a completely different and much less interesting show after episode 1.

It's not terrible, but it's not doing much of anything new.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the first episode was enough of a complete story.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ChubbyThePhat posted:

First episode was a really strong standalone, and it's had some moments later, but it's not very impressive overall since then.

It's disappointing. Seemed like it would be something unique, and then it fell to being exactly what you'd expect from the description.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also, the feng shui tomb raider wn was this.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
that's completely different lol

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a single incoherent isekai as opposed to daomu biji which is apparently a multimedia hit with tons of spinoffs. i guess that explains why there were so many tomb raider manhua and webnovels coming out for a while.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
honestly I thought it being such a big deal would have led to the donghua getting picked up or at least an official english subbed version streamed somewhere like on WeTV or something

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

also, the feng shui tomb raider wn was this.

Yeah, I think that is the one. I think it got recommended once on SA, unless I started reading the wrong one? I remember thinking that maybe it got better later on, but never got back to it. It wouldn't be the first web novel with a rough start. Thanks.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 1, 2021

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think i made fun of it once in the wn thread.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Bullbar posted:

Super Cub is genuinely the highlight of my week

The main character reminds me so much of the smilie :unsmith:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

tHIS. The patient pirate will wait for bluray rips.

the quality-oriented pirate, yes. the distinguished illegal japanese animation enthusiast won't settle for any currently released virtual videogame marketplace leaks that may or may not be floating around.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

marumaru posted:

the quality-oriented pirate, yes. the distinguished illegal japanese animation enthusiast won't settle for any currently released virtual videogame marketplace leaks that may or may not be floating around.

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can't imagine the psn leak version is worse than the bluray