Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

famicom detective club is back, and soon, so will bowsette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

okay now that this thread is legal heres my list of steam sale recs. and i'm not even going to bother telling you what they're about because they're all less than $5 (okay a couple of them are $6 sorry) gently caress you buy them, you should have them already

One Way Heroics (you should probably get the plus DLC also, don't buy the remake), Forget Me Not, Artifact Adventure (Gaiden is also good and $2), Umihara Kawase (the trilogy is good but if you only buy one, get Sayonara), Gigantic Army, Oath in Felghana, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, Phantom Brave, Every Chapter of Higurashi is Like $3 A Pop And They're All Hella Long, The Silver Case (25th Ward is also like $5), Hakuoki (okay i won't blame you if you dont buy hakuoki, it is good though!!), Half Minute Hero 2 (also comes with Half Minute Hero 1, that's two games for $2.50!!!), Castle of Shikigami, Mushihimesama, Hellsinker, Crimzon Clover, Revolver 360, Astebreed

as for games that are above $5, if you buy no other VN at least please get raging loop

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i will probably get AI and Raging Loop and also maybe that root letter remaster that has the live actors because i'm a sucker for VNs with photo/fmv people

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i presume you've already played 428 (which is also $10 this week wow value!!)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

homeless snail posted:

i presume you've already played 428 (which is also $10 this week wow value!!)
yeah, 428 was fantastic, obviously nothing's going to match that so i won't expect anything on that level with any other fmv/photo VN

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm buying + am excited to read, hashihime of the old book town, the "psychedelic BL murder mystery visual novel" set in the taisho era. theres not a word of that i don't like the sound of
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1039940/Hashihime_of_the_Old_Book_Town/

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

BL?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

bowsette love

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I love borderlands

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It Means The Boys gently caress Each Other

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Time to update my gamelog for a new month:

Finished
Hades (saw credits December 2020, epilogue/wrapup January 20, 2021)
Cyberpunk 2077 (Jan 21)
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Jan 31) (current frontrunner for Old Game of the Year 2021)
Soulcalibur VI (finished Libra of Soul mode Feb 19)
Vampire: The Masquerade: Coteries of New York (Feb 20)
Vampire: The Masquerade: Shadows of New York (Feb 20)
Vampire: The Masquerade: Night Road (Feb 20) (I think I might like Vampire: The Masquerade?)
Yakuza: Like a Dragon (March 6)
Persona 5 Strikers (March 27)
Astro's Playroom (March 29)
Butterfly Soup (March 30)
Outriders (April 6)
Mortal Kombat 11 and Aftermath (April 22)

In Progress
Persona 5 Royal (real-time playthrough, so I'm at the start of May)
Nier Replicant ver.sqrt(1.5) (in Act 1, mostly gardening)
The Council (in the middle of Episode 1)
PC Building Simulator ("building the ultimate PC is my vision")
Doom 64 (I am on like level 4 I think)
Werewolf: Heart of the Forest (this is the VN not the Eurojank action game)

In the Queue
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
Spiritfarer
Disco Elysium: Final Cut
New Pokemon Snap
Returnal
Resident Evil VILLAGE

Purgatory
Sakura Wars (I did one mission, might get back to it eventually)
Wonderful 101 (bought it, played the tutorial)
Spelunky 2 (got to "Olmec" but hit a roadblock)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (played the first hour)

Dropped
Atelier Ryza 2 (I rented this for a month and never even installed it lol)
Loop Hero (Got to the last map and meh,... Worn out its welcome)
Paper Mario: The Origami King (I'm sorry because it has fun writing but it has one of the most aesthetically displeasing combat systems in memory... Repetitive timed attacks plus timed spatial puzzles that make you pay coins the worse you are... It's basically towers of hanoi on a clock and it is like a screeching sound tearing through my cerebrum)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This weekend I really want to try to finish Hollow Knight for the first time. I have made multiple attempts at the game, but kept bouncing off it. Today I started a new save file and this is my most serious attempt at finishing the game yet.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What kind of pizza was it

A good old fashioned pepperoni pizza from a small chain called Pies and Pints. It was 16 inches and I finished 75% of it and then passed out on the couch.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

My Persona 4 opinion on completing it is that Yosuke is the most morally repugnant character in the game.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
all my homies hate yosuke

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Fishopolis I tried your broiler pizza finishing technique and went a bit too far...

Visually a bit more char than I would like (probably the crust curling accentuated it) but tasted fine

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I'm technically responding to a comment from the last thread, but Caligula Effect's switch port added a bunch of new content psp persona1 style in that it introduced an entirely new route where you side with the bad guys early into the story and they become your party instead of the normal route's party and it's apparently a completely different route tonally and thematically, which is cool and i wish more jrpgs did poo poo like this.

also they announced a second, completely standalone game a couple months ago, though god knows if we're gonna be getting it localized :shrug:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I finally finished radiant historia last month. It was neat, had some cool stuff, story kept doing this thing where I wished they would just get on with the twists and reveals though since it was so heavily foreshadowed that it was getting annoying seeing them dance around different reveals. Also Aht was incredibly annoying.

I dunno if I'll do the extra content (this is the 3DS version with the extra story stuff), can any of you tell me if it is worth playing through?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

May the rats eat your eyes

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I haven’t played anything besides about two hours of Monster Hunter Rise this past month, and my backlog is basically a landfill in its dimension.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Mix. posted:

I'm technically responding to a comment from the last thread, but Caligula Effect's switch port added a bunch of new content psp persona1 style in that it introduced an entirely new route where you side with the bad guys early into the story and they become your party instead of the normal route's party and it's apparently a completely different route tonally and thematically, which is cool and i wish more jrpgs did poo poo like this.

That's in the PC port too! It's not uh...ENTIRELY a different route that will require you to play through twice. You basically get access to the bad guy's hideout that you can go to at any time and initiate social links with them, which will also prompt little gameplay segments sometimes. Honestly, you don't do much fighting as the bad guys, though, until the end of the game. There's some interesting crossover between the good and bad guys though, like you'll learn that certain characters have met in real life. But yeah, if you do all their links, at the end of the game it will let you choose who to side with, but before the final fight the routes are exactly the same and you can (and are kinda expected to) do both. Some of the new routes are pretty good and some are very weird, but a lot of the links, for as questionable are they are, are way more compelling than any of the confidants in P5. One that really threw me for a loop was the one where you hang out with a peeping tom pervert "comic relief" guy who you learn got sent to the dream world due to the guilt he felt for not being able to implicate a murderer he caught, and by the end of the link decides to turn himself in and go to jail so he can testify against the murderer

The game does a lot of "here's an anime trope character" and then expands on what sort of life circumstances would cause someone to act like that

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 1, 2021

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I demand Dan Hibiki be added to the thread poll.

Here's a repost of my recommendations for the current Steam Sale.

Lurdiak posted:

Yakuza Zero is at 75%, Kiwami 1 and 2 are at 50% off. Other games in the series have smaller discounts.

Dragon's Dogma is 70% off.

Vanquish and Bayonetta come in a bundle at 78% off.

Okami HD is 50% off.

Metal Gear Rising is 75% off.

Sonic Generations is 75% off.

Dead Rising 1, 2 and 2: Off the Record are 70% off.

Dragonball Xenoverse 1 and 2 are 85% off if you want to play an MMO where you are a saiyan.

For some reason Downwell is 67% off, and Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition is 76% off.

If you enjoy retro games,

Classic arcade beat-em-up collection Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara is 67% off.

Mega Man Legacy Collection is 60% off, and Legacy Collection 2 is 50% off. Both Mega Man X Collections are also 50% off, although I would advise against buying the second one as it collects some wretched games. And finally the Zero/ZX collection is 34% off and collects 4 very good games and 2 ZX games.

The Castlevania Anniversary Collection and Contra Anniversary Collection are 75% off.

Sonic Mania and its DLC are 75% off. The Christian Whitehead Sonic CD port is 75% off as well.

The Disney Afternoon Collection, which collects a bunch of Disney-licensed Capcom platformers from the NES (and adds save states and a rewind button) is 67% off.

Ducktales Remastered is 75% off, although I think the Steam version has some significant bugs for people with Nvidia cards.

The PC port of the original FF7 is 50% off.

Crazy Taxi is 85% off.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

hey what the gently caress

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

okay now that this thread is legal heres my list of steam sale recs. and i'm not even going to bother telling you what they're about because they're all less than $5 (okay a couple of them are $6 sorry) gently caress you buy them, you should have them already

One Way Heroics (you should probably get the plus DLC also, don't buy the remake),

This game is super fuckin good btw. It's quite simple, but it's full of surprises; a simple but fun story, lots of hidden surprises, and generous with saves so it's easy to pick up and put down for a roguelike.

The remake is... Not nearly as good but an interesting curiosity if you're a fan.

There's a switch port of the original but the text is absurdly small sadly, makes it kinda unplayable.

Mix. posted:

also they announced a second, completely standalone game a couple months ago, though god knows if we're gonna be getting it localized :shrug:

I love soul nomad too. :hf:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

am I too late for chump zone

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

goblin week posted:

I hope Returnal does well for Housemarque because they make very good games and it was looking like they were dead for a while there when they quit making arcade games to focus on a battle royale (on the other hand I don't have a PS5 but if I did lmao I'm not paying £70 for a game) I was hoping to have a PS5 before RE8 but it's looking unlikely

I'm looking forward to Famicom Detective Club this month though I hope those are good

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

goblin week posted:

Yeah lemme buy uhhh a Housemarque game for €74

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Healbot posted:

Or Demon's Souls without soul for €80

Good job, me

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Congratulations to all of the bingo winners and runners up I hope you get yourself a real nice tag.

you "hope" ? are you suggesting the possibility that i would fail to supply the gangtags?? how dare you

(i'll probably do it in the next couple days)

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Healbot posted:

It is legitimately the most expensive non-deluxe edition game released on the PSN store in Poland, and like, 170% as expensive as a PS4 game is at release in a brick and mortar store. loving ridiculous.

(the most expensive item in the polish store in general is a tie between the deluxe editions of Dragon Ball FighterZ and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla at 126$)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Heck yes, lookin forward to some more Subnautica this month!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Year of No Games continues...

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

goblin week posted:

It is legitimately the most expensive non-deluxe edition game released on the PSN store in Poland, and like, 170% as expensive as a PS4 game is at release in a brick and mortar store. loving ridiculous.

(the most expensive item in the polish store in general is a tie between the deluxe editions of Dragon Ball FighterZ and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla at 126$)

I'm guessing Sony only sees the 20k average bonus the devs of CDPR receive and think they're the whole Polish workforce.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I finally finished radiant historia last month. It was neat, had some cool stuff, story kept doing this thing where I wished they would just get on with the twists and reveals though since it was so heavily foreshadowed that it was getting annoying seeing them dance around different reveals. Also Aht was incredibly annoying.

I dunno if I'll do the extra content (this is the 3DS version with the extra story stuff), can any of you tell me if it is worth playing through?

Yeah it's worth it.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Happy May everyone.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

goblin week posted:

I'm hoping this reaction is common enough that Sony revaluates

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Fishopolis I tried your broiler pizza finishing technique and went a bit too far...

Visually a bit more char than I would like (probably the crust curling accentuated it) but tasted fine

Hm, I had a dream last night that I tried to make pizza. I went to grab my cast iron but apparently I left the pizza on some other heat source while I did that and it shriveled and blackened while I was getting the skillet.

bideojames
Aug 29, 2004

>:3

el oso posted:

I prefer bideo james

kiss me u fool

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'm spending the weekend visiting my mom and playing SM3DW, gotta get them green stars.