Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Mother with lost seems miserable esp since he can only take one devil item now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah my first two attempts against her made me want to pull my hair out but like old times if you got a really powerful build you still gently caress her up. took me like two days of only playing him but eventualyl i got her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWY3n4j_oLo

tainted lost is gonna be hosed but i already did hush as him so i have faith, especially with how he cant get hp ups and 0 or 1 quality items

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

yeah my first two attempts against her made me want to pull my hair out but like old times if you got a really powerful build you still gently caress her up. took me like two days of only playing him but eventualyl i got her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWY3n4j_oLo

tainted lost is gonna be hosed but i already did hush as him so i have faith, especially with how he cant get hp ups and 0 or 1 quality items

nice

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

curse of the blind little baggy in gehenna 2 on a run that was only going to unlock a tainted character then quit out, FTMFW

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it replaces the fool card with telepills bro

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
got to mines 2 both knife pieces as tainted jacob but i got hit by dark esau and i didnt dare try touching the gehenna door in ghost form

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

it replaces the fool card with telepills bro

edit: they either fixed it or I just got very lucky by also having starter deck. phew

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Only 237 hours to go!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just ruined the highest damage build that I think I've seen since starting repentance, it melted hush in like 1 minute. But I picked up the item at the end of this vid without knowing what it did

https://streamable.com/yh5qfq

ah well, tainted keeper is crazy anyway it shouldn't be too bad getting back to the void again...

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

My favorite part about tainted keeper is getting a choice of 4-6 non-damage non-tears up items per floor instead of a choice of 2-3

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fuuuuuui i hate this game i hate so much i have to play it for another 500 hours fuuuu

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I convinced my friend to play rebirth and until he gets repentance I'm playing as the truly awful baby co-op char

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
you're playing as yourself coop char?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Fuuuuuui i hate this game i hate so much i have to play it for another 500 hours fuuuu

this. THIS!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

you're playing as yourself coop char?

Yes.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Evil Eagle posted:

I just ruined the highest damage build that I think I've seen since starting repentance, it melted hush in like 1 minute. But I picked up the item at the end of this vid without knowing what it did

ah well, tainted keeper is crazy anyway it shouldn't be too bad getting back to the void again...

Hahahahaha. That build is wild though.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Hahahahaha. That build is wild though.

I'll never pick that poo poo up again lol

Also it's crazy how obtrusive the UI is in the base game compared to now

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i always play it windowed and i still think the map is simultaneously either too big or too small

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

one time i got that item and the d4 and kept rerolling until all i had was milk. fuuuuu

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the serpents kiss nerf makes it actually completely useless. it's a worthless item now that does nothing

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the serpents kiss nerf makes it actually completely useless. it's a worthless item now that does nothing

its amazing paired with book of shadows or other invuln items at least, I got that combo a few runs ago

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i read the patch notes and it sounded like your shots still sometimes poison and if the poison kills you get a black heart still? not sure i haven't found it again yet and i will actively avoid it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

i read the patch notes and it sounded like your shots still sometimes poison and if the poison kills you get a black heart still? not sure i haven't found it again yet and i will actively avoid it

you have a chance of getting black hearts if the contact damage poison kills

I keep dying to the beast in dumb ways due to sucking rear end. Oh well

edit: and then there's trisagion + lodestone on him https://streamable.com/2ijnga

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Apr 29, 2021

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Unlocked all 34 characters, the run I did with the Lost got tainted Bethany's item Lemgeton which was ridiculous. Lost is pretty fun with his new D6, with that plus Lemgeton I was a god of death but I found out the hard way that Dogma actually does have pretty heavy boss armor if it decides to do the rays of light attack first on phase 2. At least I had ankh so I got the blue baby clear...

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO4QowODPjs

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

hot potato is a nightmare lol. I made it to satan my first try but it was an ordeal and that fight is way too full of explosions already

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

After struggling through Bloody Mary with lovely items, I managed to get a gold razor in the Depths 2 shop and carried that with 50 coins to Satan.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I decided to grab Isaac on switch so I’m starting on a fresh save because I haven’t really been sitting at computer lately. Is there any word on when the new exp will be on the best console?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tetramin posted:

I decided to grab Isaac on switch so I’m starting on a fresh save because I haven’t really been sitting at computer lately. Is there any word on when the new exp will be on the best console?

i don't think there are any plans to port it to the SNES.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

After struggling through Bloody Mary with lovely items, I managed to get a gold razor in the Depths 2 shop and carried that with 50 coins to Satan.

Yeah I finally took out Bloody Mary too, what it took on my end was a fanny pack. And a book of shadows lol but that was slightly less vital

The Pica Run and Cantripped challenges were sick, I kinda want to see those ideas expanded upon.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tetramin posted:

they've said it'll happen "third quarter of the year", no firm date yet

i beat delirium for the first time the other day. what a poo poo boss especially towards the end, erratic constant teleporting on top of you with 0 warning. i cant imagine doing this as lost I feel like I just got lucky

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the way to beat him with lost is to rollback to antibirth+ so you can take unnlimited devil deals but you also still need to find the shop item that doubles cards/runs, an item that lets you carry two consumablers, and two dagaz runes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

actaully the easiest way to beat him is to get the super mario borothers 3 leaf statue and an orbiter. this may take 45 minutes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Time to toss a piece of poo poo exploding forgotten around and die to satan again

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lmao I did a 6 pip dice room in womb 2 on hot potato since none of my items were helping, rerolled isaac's heart and sat there and watched as the heart, surrounding the skeleton part of the tainted forgotten of course got blown up 6 times to kill me

edit: finally, jeez. just Brains, Ultra Hard and Red Redemption left

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 09:09 on May 1, 2021

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

finally was able to do the new route since it requires a bunch of hush kills for no reason, all the new enemies and bosses are really sick. i like the dudes that hack up mega bombs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

extremebuff posted:

finally was able to do the new route since it requires a bunch of hush kills for no reason, all the new enemies and bosses are really sick. i like the dudes that hack up mega bombs

If you have the safety scissors trinket that defuses troll bombs you can pick those up and use them later lol, it's tight

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

goferchan posted:

If you have the safety scissors trinket that defuses troll bombs you can pick those up and use them later lol, it's tight

okay, i am actually starting to think the posters in this thread made this entire game up using random selections from a large collection of novelty refrigerator word magnets.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

don't bother with a seraphim run after the latest update. they nerfed the judas lillith drop rates so you can no longer get the boob cookies unless you've got 3 - 5 dumptruck stickers. thinking of quitting this after my next 100 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

don't bother with a seraphim run after the latest update. they nerfed the judas lillith drop rates so you can no longer get the boob cookies unless you've got 3 - 5 dumptruck stickers. thinking of quitting this after my next 100 hours.

This is 80% correct

Wait until you hear about the original way to unlock the Lost