Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Ok, should I get Last Remnant, Star Ocean the Last Hope or maybe dot Hack from this PS store sale?

Each is roughly 10 space dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Ok, should I get Last Remnant, Star Ocean the Last Hope or maybe dot Hack from this PS store sale?

Last Remnant for sure. Star Ocean is a bad game.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Also, I checked the price for Returnal in my country and it's 103 usd at current exchange rates...

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
Returnal looks alright going by streams, but I think you'd feel a lot better playing it by getting it on sale some time in the future. The pacing and level design is pretty bad, and the backtracking is at least fairly annoying to someone like myself.

Release MSRP is so nuts for PS5 games now that I'd really be dying to play a game to get it at that.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Whizzing Wizard posted:

dot Hack is a fun story with fun characters but the gameplay will grate on you pretty quickly, so if depends on what you're looking for

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It still blows my mind that loving Leisure Suit Larry is on a Nintendo console.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Walla posted:

loving Leisure Suit Larry on a Nintendo console.

That seems dangerous

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

That seems dangerous

Depends on the console.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Talk about Joycon drift...

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Fishopolis I tried your broiler pizza finishing technique and went a bit too far...

Visually a bit more char than I would like (probably the crust curling accentuated it) but tasted fine

Nice! The toppings look great but yeah looks like the crust got a little toasty. I'd back it down one rack position, looks like your broiler's probably hotter than mine. Got that slightly crispy not-quite-burnt cheese going on that I love so fuckin much tho :)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Walla posted:

Leisure Suit Larry: Wii-Wii U

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Nintendo 69

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Virginal Boy :stonk:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Hwurmp posted:

Virginal Boy :stonk:

oh god

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

.hack is 3.5 games in one, so you should get it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i turned 37 today but the last two years have felt like a decade so i feel like i'm already 40

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
dot hack gu has some great story beats and world building but it also has three very tedious and drawn out tournament arcs and the battle system is nothing to write home about. however you also get a fantasy motorcycle and a battle bonus for starting fights by ramming into monsters

The 7th Guest posted:

i turned 37 today but the last two years have felt like a decade so i feel like i'm already 40

happy birthdays!!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
New Pokemon Snap is... good! I got a picture of a Pichu and Grookey playing together in a field. Easy 8/10 so far just from that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
forums a bit slow today for everyone?

The 7th Guest posted:

happy birthday

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i started today finishing off the dread x: the hunt anthology. there were 3 games to go and then finishing the lobby game, so that meant jotting down 4 games in my may beaten list

favorite game of the collection was either uktena 64 or house of unrest

none of them were amazing, because even though they were all shooters, none of them had satisfying weapons or feedback.... but they were fine, and short, and well varied

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

trying to decide between 13 sentinels and the new nier remake (PC version) for which game i want to play next :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Happy bday

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

Happy birthday! Yes there's been a nasty time dilation effect.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The new Pokemon Snap looks neat but the original game was like what, a few hours long? Think Ill probably just watch some vtubers play it, this seems like a perfect example of a rental game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Happy birthday

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The new Pokemon Snap looks neat but the original game was like what, a few hours long? Think Ill probably just watch some vtubers play it, this seems like a perfect example of a rental game

The new Snap is way more substantial than the original one. It's still not the longest game but there is plenty of stuff to do.

It's also extremely fun

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Forget the snaps, I just want to throw stink bombs at all of the ugly pokemon

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Walla posted:

larry explores his bicurious impulses in Leisure Suit Larry: Switch Hitter

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Forget the snaps, I just want to throw stink bombs at all of the ugly pokemon

Here's Eevee getting owned by a Trubbish

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Idk eevee's expression reads like "surprised but intrigued"

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The 7th Guest posted:

Happy birthday!

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Played Resogun today for the first time in years and got through easy mode on my first go (looks like I'd never beaten stage 4 or 5 years back). I'm gonna choose to believe that I've gotten better at games since 2014 and not that they made easy a little easier. That game is really fun and still looks gorgeous.

There are lots of really well made custom ships in there. If you wanna play through the game as The Simpsons on their couch, or as Ryu throwing a Hadoken, or as an X Wing, the community has you covered.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

This month it’s Pokémon snap, resident evil, and mass effect all the way down baybeeee

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Happy May Day, Posters of the World.

This month should be Code Vein, Suzerain, and Satisfactory..

Might pick up Craftopia, but unsure right now.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The original Pokemon Snap has 7 levels, if you include the final one which is more like a boss fight, so really it's 6 levels. Every run through the level has exactly the same things happen, except as influenced by your own actions to open new paths or create new behaviors. Still there's plenty of variety and a lot of different kinds of pictures to take and behaviors to observe, so to fill out your photo album could take a decent amount of time, certainly more than 3 hours. Still, it was a fairly short game.

In New Pokemon Snap I have so far found 9 unique locations (there may be more I'm not at the end yet) each of which is has at least one course as long as any in the first game. Additionally, most of these locations have both night and day versions with different routes through the area and different Pokemon to see, nearly doubling the number of playable levels. ALSO each individual version of each course has multiple variations based on your research level, where they way Pokemon behave around you and the paths available to you through the area shift. There are also a handful of similar "boss" levels that are much smaller.

And as well as this large amount of places to visit, each individual Pokemon variety has way more going on than in the first game. In the first one, while some Pokemon had multiple behaviors and different kinds of photos you could take, you could only ever save one of them as the official Best One. In this game every Pokemon has FOUR categories of photo the game asks you to get, each featuring a different behavior. The amount of replay value in tracking down all the different kinds of pictures you can take is immense and you are actually encouraged and rewarded for doing so.

So yeah New Pokemon Snap is way meatier than the original and is absolutely excellent.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

dioxazine posted:

Might pick up Craftopia, but unsure right now.

When I tried craftopia when it first released in beta. Other than being BotW with crafting, it's also got shrines that are much more similar to MMO dungeons where sometimes itll be a combat dungeon, sometimes a puzzle/escape room, sometimes a hoverboard race, and at the end you get cool loot, of which there is a ton. Shrines are the main way you get weapons, and all the crafting stuff is mostly for progressing to more difficult worlds to unlock better shrines for better weapons. It seemed really neat but I decided to wait until a more complete version to sink more than like 8 hours into it

also apparently the game is still full of unity store assets so it doesn't really seem to have come very far from a polish standpoint

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 1, 2021

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Mix. posted:

trying to decide between 13 sentinels and the new nier remake (PC version) for which game i want to play next :v:

13 Sentinels is the loving best

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Here I am, watching Doctor Strange, wondering why Atlas didn't carry on the Trauma Center series on iPad. That'd be rad.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Which dot hack is it? It really matters.

Actually I guess it doesn't lol, none of them are really that great.

stev posted:

Here I am, watching Doctor Strange, wondering why Atlas didn't carry on the Trauma Center series on iPad. That'd be rad.

Or just put it on switch! It has a touch screen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I got far enough into the Vesperia remaster to meet the sassy witch