Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

time to tear up my costco card, i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
No onions
No relish
No tithe
Page 809 revolution

Nail this to the door in Kirkland and let it be known

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The end times are here

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

It was sweet relish, so it's no loss anyway

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chinatown posted:

After my covid shot I got a smoothie from the food court. Guy in the window said he doesn't think onions or relish will return. :negative:

:negative:

:smithicide:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
going to have to bring a lil ziplock snack baggie up diced onion and relish from home when going to church now? wtf, thats like priest making you bring your own wine and wafer

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Jim Sinegal should have included the condiments in his death threat demands.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

going to have to bring a lil ziplock snack baggie up diced onion and relish from home when going to church now? wtf, thats like priest making you bring your own wine and wafer

literally thought about this as i drove out

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Chinatown posted:

literally thought about this as i drove out

it’s not like you can eat in the Costco in MA, so I end up always eating in my car like a divorced dad anyway

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ok Comboomer posted:

it’s not like you can eat in the Costco in MA, so I end up always eating in my car like a divorced dad anyway

What makes this a divorced dad situation?

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

shame on an IGA posted:

godspeed, I was fine for the first 6-8 hours and then woke up at 4:00 the next afternoon after many vivid fever dreams about several former illinois governors fighting a crack team of ninjas trying to stop them selling the toll road infrastructure to foreign pension funds

A++ vax, would dose again recreationally
:eyepop:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

shame on an IGA posted:

godspeed, I was fine for the first 6-8 hours and then woke up at 4:00 the next afternoon after many vivid fever dreams about several former illinois governors fighting a crack team of ninjas trying to stop them selling the toll road infrastructure to foreign pension funds

A++ vax, would dose again recreationally

You have the saddest dreams.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Bring condiments and and ice cold beer and tailgate at church.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The army of sensible dads in Honda Accords and Toyota Camrys outside the minor league baseball game, grilling Kirkland hotdogs and drinking bud light

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Suckin down Kirkland dogs, outside the warehouse club

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it seems the loving bean counters have found a work around to not raising the price of the hot dog. capitalism prevails once again

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

poisonpill posted:

The army of sensible dads in Honda Accords and Toyota Camrys outside the minor league baseball game, grilling Kirkland hotdogs and drinking bud light
I miss this so much. Minor league tailgating on dollar dog + beers night and pregaming in the lot. Every car in the lot has two big Kirkland Signature tote bags full of snacks. Half the grills have an ice chest with Bitchin' sauce and a veggie try on a table next to it.

Someone mentions what a good deal they got last week on socks. Another guy one-ups about laundry detergent. A woman breaks out a sherpa blanket because it's getting chilly. A hushed "Ohhhhhhh" rolls through the parking lot.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

thathonkey posted:

it seems the loving bean counters have found a work around to not raising the price of the hot dog. capitalism prevails once again

They need a good swirlie IMHO.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Not only should they not be looking to minimize the impact of selling a quarter pound dog w/drink (refill) for $1.50, they should be giving one combo out free for every $100 spent. It'll increase sales, overall, by people buying one more item in order to hit that $100 threshold.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

More than fifty percent of our sales are over 100 dollars. We'd just be creating more work for the already understaffed food court to run that promo.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Even better would be if over 80% of your sales were over $100 tho.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
onions and relish for Executive Members only :twisted:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the increased sales would allow them to staff the food court properly. i am a busines genius

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chinatown posted:

onions and relish for Executive Members only :twisted:

Would consider this greater reward than the annual reward.

Plus I bet I could make even more than the 2% back by selling black market onions/relish to the chumps who only have regular membership :capitalism:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chinatown posted:

After my covid shot I got a smoothie from the food court. Guy in the window said he doesn't think onions or relish will return. :negative:

I've very much expected that Onions and Sauerkraut are gone for good, it just makes sense because they already virtually lose money on dogs and each 15 cents stocking kraut and keeping onion machines going is money lost, but relish seems an odd one because its just something they dump into one of those pumps that pumps out relish goop. should be much cheaper materialize, machinewise, and laborwise. kinda surprised about that one

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

GORDON posted:

You have the saddest dreams.

I learned a valuable lesson about surfing wikipedia while entering vulnerable mental states

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

GORDON posted:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Not only should they not be looking to minimize the impact of selling a quarter pound dog w/drink (refill) for $1.50, they should be giving one combo out free for every $100 spent. It'll increase sales, overall, by people buying one more item in order to hit that $100 threshold.

Stew Leonards does this with their ice cream

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I had the dog today; it really isn’t the same in the car with just mustard. If I had bought the sauerkraut this trip I totally would have cracked that bad boy.

The real reason I went was to pick up some goodies for a birthday celebration. Ended up with some prime beef tenderloin cuts & a jar of crab. The bourbon selection in the KY stores is a lot more exciting than in IN so I picked up quite a few bottles too at good prices (hey it’s Derby Day)

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Nuts and Gum posted:

Has anyone used Costco to get an AC unit installed? They contract through Brennan here in WA state and I got a quote for $13k for a two-stage unit and a new furnace with install.

After the dust settles I get $1800 back on a Costco card. Seems expensive but…it’s WA so maybe not?

The AC guy at my local this morning was so aggressively trying to get my attention that I actually flipped the reverse bird as I walked away.

The guy shilling lovely pans the next aisle lost his mind “I SAW THAT I SAW THAT YOU’RE ON CAMERA”

So yeah gently caress all those assholes. Get out of my way and let me shop.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Whats next, combo pizza wont return either? :cry:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

The guy shilling lovely pans the next aisle lost his mind “I SAW THAT I SAW THAT YOU’RE ON CAMERA”
Fuckin' lol pan selling snitch.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

infraboy posted:

Whats next, combo pizza wont return either? :cry:

i would not be surprised

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Time to start nailing some theses to the church door (actually a bulletin board which is good because I don't think glass takes nails well)

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

GORDON posted:

Even better would be if over 80% of your sales were over $100 tho.

https://imgur.com/a/PnZfMZ8

I have no idea how to embed videos.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 2, 2021

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

The AC guy at my local this morning was so aggressively trying to get my attention that I actually flipped the reverse bird as I walked away.

So yeah gently caress all those assholes. Get out of my way and let me shop.

lol throw that wienier out of church, god drat

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

AC guys usually don't say anything at mine. It's the satellite TV and solar panel people you have to judo every time.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Has anyone had any luck buying a PC from The Co? My desktop is loving ancient and I just need something to post on SA, pay bills, and run a Plex server. I see every now and then they have fairly simple desktops that go on sale for about $500. Are those worth it?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

iroc.dis posted:

Has anyone had any luck buying a PC from The Co? My desktop is loving ancient and I just need something to post on SA, pay bills, and run a Plex server. I see every now and then they have fairly simple desktops that go on sale for about $500. Are those worth it?

PC prices in general are hosed, it's gotten more difficult to build your own and from what I've seen Costco has the most reasonable prices on pre-builts but is low on stock and selection. If you find one you like you should probably buy it.

edit: Looks like Costco doesn't sell any PCs without and SSD now so you should be good on whatever you get.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

iroc.dis posted:

I've bought those. Zero complaints.

I'm unfamiliar with Plex but if it's running on your current (ancient) rig, I expect a barebones PC from Costco should excel in your use-case.