Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There was like two years where my mind had been burned out by psychedelics where I thought eating food was gross. I mean it's a bodily function and we don't normally poo poo or piss or have sex or do other bodily functions in front of other people. But somehow we eat gross food around strangers?? Thankfully fried chicken places and BBQ restaurants cured me of this

That was weird to read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Appropriately American since the 1911 is an oversized, overweight, obsolete gun

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Outrail posted:

That was weird to read

It was weird to live

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It was weird to live

That story combined with your redtext is fascinating

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

a champion rises!

its a young david beckham

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Appropriately American since the 1911 is an oversized, overweight, obsolete gun

That's not a 1911 but everything you said still applies lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

SavageMessiah posted:

That's not a 1911 but everything you said still applies lol

Yeah, I realized after I posted that it doesn't have the 1911 safety but it's some kind of exposed hammer 1911-alike?

e: looks like Beretta m9, nm, lol.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 1, 2021

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Gun nerdery is very Americana

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Smugworth posted:

Gun nerdery is very Americana

Question: (and I mean this in the most non-judgey way I can.)

Is there a lot of overlap between gun nerds and car nerds?

I would imagine in the darker toxic-masculinity sides of both nerd-doms there would be a lot of "look at how tough I am, my gun/car is bigger than yours."

But what about the weirdo engineer/mechanic type people who like taking apart mechanical things and seeing how they work and tinkering with things. You would think that both gun and car nerd-ery would scratch that itch.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
In my experience the gun people just really like trucks, I wouldn’t call them car nerds but I suppose the term itself is pretty loose.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The bigger the tires on the bro-dozer, the more AR-15s not secured in a gun safe at home.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Buddy, I marinated this $20 dollar hunk of flank steak in tequila, lime juice, garlic, jalapeños, and a fuckton of cilantro all day. Now I’m gonna fire up the charcoal and when it gets real drat hot I’m gonna let this beefy bitch kiss that fire for maybe two minutes on each side then let it settle a few off the flame. Then while it’s resting I’m gonna throw some sliced peppers and onions on the grill until they juuuuuuuuusssstttt start to blister. Then I’m gonna slice up that steak real thin and put it on a plate and point you over to the table where you can find some fajita fixins. Go on, help yourself, we’re all friends here.

*Schlickschlickschlickschlick*

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Szyznyk posted:

The bigger the tires on the bro-dozer, the more AR-15s not secured in a gun safe at home.

Can't forget the truck balls hanging in the rear. It's a dead giveaway.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

You know what else is Americana?

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BarrenSmallBeauceron-mobile.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0TFwcGMsxI

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They are just the worst.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

halokiller posted:

You know what else is Americana?

love how the dad doesn't even instinctively protect the kid like the mom does

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Anything more dressed up than cheap corn chips, cheese from a giant can, and pickled jalapenos (bonus if you're also eating a turkey leg) is not worth the money. All these things can be found at the flea market.

Or the gas station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNb_MoqxA5o

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

McDonald's advertising was for a while a very strange and slightly sinister Sid and Marty Krofft hellscape. here's a commercial where the aforementioned Gobblins devour the hateful Filet O' Fish filching Captain Crook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zm_b7cwnkw

This is from a couple of pages ago but Sid and Marty Krofft actually successfully sued McDonalds over their characters. Mostly because McDonalds originally contacted them to design some stuff, they canceled the project and then just used knock off designs.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Pfft, that's small scale stuff

quote:

A New Hampshire family’s gender reveal party was such a blast that it set off reports of an earthquake, and could be heard from across the state line, police said.

Police in Kingston, a town not far from the Massachusetts border, received reports of a loud explosion Tuesday evening. They responded to Torromeo quarry where they found people who acknowledged holding a gender reveal party with explosives.

The source of the blast was 80 pounds (36 kilograms) of Tannerite, police said.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Starting a 20000 acre wildfire is not "small stuff"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mr. Crow posted:

ordered to pay 8.2 in restitution, LOL. I'm sure the toxic parents aren't going to take that out on their child in the future, certainly not.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Yeah. Dunno about "American" Chinese food. But there is a lot of anecdotal evidence that most "Australian" Chinese food, especially in country towns comes from Fujian. As opposed to the rest of China.

Cantonese in Britain, but then we still owned Hong Kong up til 1999. I remember seeing the handover ceremony on TV.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

do NOT jack off posted:

Whole gator? As far as I know, even Cajuns only eat the tail and leg meat. Is the body any good?

Probably? Outside of some edge cases people get really weird about what part gets eaten/what species gets eaten due to ease of processing or cooking. It's why carp and pike are seen as poo poo garbage food fish in some places but as a delicacy in others.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I'm back with some more gems from the margolies roadside america photo archive

To start off, we have two competing new england cheese houses???

the second is clearly a bootleg

some more weird statues

including none other than our old friend, Mr. McGreg

also there's a bunch of these outside the Lifesavers factory in all the different flavor combos they make

and finally, a couple miscellaneous things I enjoyed

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

zedprime posted:

But for real calling your corn chips and cheese nachos is like calling tater tots and cheese jimbobs.

:lol:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

this upsets me for some reason

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Axl Rose had to survive somehow

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

zedprime posted:

But for real calling your corn chips and cheese nachos is like calling tater tots and cheese jimbobs.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Axl Rose had to survive somehow

gettin me a side order of G N' R Fries

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
this place makes me uneasy

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Oh hell yeah, that's it right there

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

These look like the pictures that get taken as evidence of where the victim was held

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's me I live in splinters which I can only assume the owners kid intended to be a place to play dnd and convinced them would be super rad

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Aardvark! posted:

Americana.jpg: This place makes me uneasy

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Howard Beale posted:

gettin me a side order of G N' R Fries

With some November Rain hot sauce.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

With some November Rain hot sauce.

Nothing lasts forever and we both know tastes can change...

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mr. Crow posted:

You're right, that one ended up being a much bigger deal. But that was more of a secondary effect, it's still pretty amazing that someone set off enough explosives for a gender reveal that people noticed in neighboring states and nearby foundations got damaged. To the 80lb of explosives guy's credit, that at least seemed to be done in a place where most of the damage was contained.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
The next trend in gender reveal parties needs to be some random person walking in to the house, hall, alley or whatever place the party is being held and just saying "Boy/Girl" and walking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

The next trend in gender reveal parties needs to be some random person walking in to the house, hall, alley or whatever place the party is being held and just saying "Boy/Girl" and walking out.

it'd solve one problem but it wouldn't solve the one of hick family members pulling their guns out and offing grandma on accident at the party