Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Terry O'Quinn club chat: I once made him a cappucino. He was kind of a dickhead but I still love The Stepfather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
i watched The Rocketeer for the first time in decades last week and was aghast to realize come the end credits that I'd confused Terry O'Quinn with Kurtwood Smith

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Iron Crowned posted:

There should be more movies with Lifetime Original energy that takes a turn into gore.

I completely agree, it's such an eerie and sureal tone for a film to take. The Stepfather is a great watch.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/HalloweenCounts/status/1388148200499032071?s=20

:spooky: May Horror Challenge '21: For the sake of your sanity, pray it isn't true! :spooky:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
184 more days til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!
184 more days til Halloween, Silver Shamrock!

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

There should be more movies with Lifetime Original energy that takes a turn into gore.

Lucky McKee's Kindred Spirits was a pretty good one in this genre.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

I want to complete the May Challenge but I don't want any depressing horror just horror comedy and "feel good" horror like Night of the Creeps , Fright Night , etc.. looking for more recommendations.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Hollismason posted:

I want to complete the May Challenge but I don't want any depressing horror just horror comedy and "feel good" horror like Night of the Creeps , Fright Night , etc.. looking for more recommendations.

Let's see:

Shaun of the Dead
Tucker and Dale
Return of the Living Dead
Dead Snow 1&2
Night of the Comet
Chopping Mall

what else

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Zwabu posted:

Let's see:

Shaun of the Dead
Tucker and Dale
Return of the Living Dead
Dead Snow 1&2
Night of the Comet
Chopping Mall

what else

Tremors
Ghoulies 1/2/3
Critters 1/2
Frankenhooker
Bad Taste
Braindead
Wolfcop
What We Do in the Shadows
Psycho Goreman
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
TerrorVision

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 30, 2021

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sorry if this is too basic

Zombieland 1&2
Happy Death Day
The Babysitter
Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness
John Dies At The End
Mom and Dad (funny, not feel-good)

Death Becomes Her, maybe?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Vampires vs the Bronx
Ready or Not
Demon Knight
Abominable Dr Phibes

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
American Werewolf in London is pretty drat fun/funny

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah these are solid recommendations, I'd throw OG Evil Dead onto that pile too even though ED2 is more comedic

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Monster Squad
The Gate
The Frighteners
Hausu
Nothing But Trouble is borderline horror

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Libra posted:

Imagine being Sidney Prescott and having to deal with an endless stream of Ghostfaces chasing you throughout your teen years and into adulthood. You kill one and two more show up. They're worse than ants.
How has Dennis Coles not had a cameo in one of these movies yet?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SLiTHER
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
The Blob 88

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Yeah these are all good recommendations

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Hollismason posted:

Watch some horror where it feels good to be bad

The Love Witch
The Hunger
The Lost Boys
Byzantium
Only Lovers Left Alive

Or see something fun and crazy, like Demons 2 or The Church.

If you don't mind bad dubs and subtitles the Mr. Vampire movies are nuts.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Halloween Jack posted:

Watch some horror where it feels good to be bad

The Love Witch
The Hunger
The Lost Boys
Byzantium
Only Lovers Left Alive

Or see something fun and crazy, like Demons 2 or The Church.

If you don't mind bad dubs and subtitles the Mr. Vampire movies are nuts.

Demons is one of my go to watches just to have some fun with some goopy monsters and awesome gore. The movie theater setting is my fav and of course the soundtrack whips

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Hollismason posted:

X-Cross

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Slither and The Love Witch are so much fun

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Phy posted:

Death Becomes Her, maybe?

Definitely a watch for the humor.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Little Evil is a really underrated fun little thing

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Lost Boys and Demons are really fun choices. From Dusk Til Dawn is probably consistent with a fun horror vibe.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Oh, and OG Creepshow if that hasn't already made the list, don't get much more fun than that!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

As far as fun goes I'll throw in

Night of the Demons

Night of the Demons 2.

That is if they weren't suggested already.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hollismason posted:

In Fabric
Slaxx
Maybe Rubber if you're into QD's humour?
I might recommend Sorry To Bother You depending on how you feel about watching something with Armie Hammer.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Watch Ravenous again.

Gary the Llama
Mar 16, 2007
SHIGERU MIYAMOTO IS MY ILLEGITIMATE FATHER!!!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The Stepfather has the same energy as a lifetime original movie if a lifetime original movie decided to roll around in a big pile of gore.

Just watched this last night based on your comment and I loved it. It turns out “cozy horror” really is a thing and I need more of it in my life.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah. The Stepfather is like if the the Bad Husband in a Lifetime movie turned out to be Bluebeard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluebeard

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Is the remake with Dylan Walsh any good at all? (At least, against the somewhat modest bar established by the original)

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Hey-- out of curiosity, is Gretel and Hansel particularly shaky? My wife and I are looking for horror to get caught up on tonight, but she has intense shaky camera sensitivity.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Timeless Appeal posted:

Hey-- out of curiosity, is Gretel and Hansel particularly shaky? My wife and I are looking for horror to get caught up on tonight, but she has intense shaky camera sensitivity.

Im very sensitive to motion sickness/shaky cam and had no problem. Its a great movie too!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I don't recall any shaky cam in it.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

The only time shaky cam has ever bothered me was when I saw Cloverfield in the theater. I had a few beers before going in, and the theater was packed so we had to sit in the front row. About 30 minutes in I had to keep looking down at the floor to prevent myself from barfing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Does anyone here sub to the Arrow streaming service? Likes? Dislikes? I'm thinking if giving them a try this week since the library is pretty neat and they're starting to get exclusives like this new one that gives me Resolution vibes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T5PWWxsSic

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Timeless Appeal posted:

I would say it's like the opposite of shaky.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah there's not much outside of found footage movies that are doing the shaky cam and Gretel and Hansel is definitely not that.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Rewatched 30 Days of Night for the first time in a long time and that's a great flick. I like vampires more when they're more creature-like than Lugosi-type and they're pretty freaky in this movie, and Danny Huston makes for a great main villain. Josh Hartnett is a hunk. The main concept of a prolonged vampire siege is great too and they execute it pretty well.

Even more impressive is that it was filmed in New Zealand! The town was built in NZ and it was mostly day-for-night shots too. That's crazy, they did a great job simulating an Alaskan environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I’ve had in search of darkness 2 on in the background here and there for the past two days it’s not a particularly great documentary, one thing I have noticed though....does Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) age??? She’s only a few months away from 70 and still looks like she’s in her 30s.