Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jon Irenicus posted:

FF8 needed the remake, not FF7. don't remake the critically acclaimed, still fun and functional games. do big remakes on the ambitious clunky weird games.

Yeah but FF8 Remake isn't gonna sell PS5s so good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
still slowly lolling at the idea of ppls tv's reproducing the treble on the nier ost

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

"no. that's just stupid." - my father playing disco elysium

born moralist imo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

"let's talk to my 'colleague'"

"is he your colleague?"

"no, probably not"

re: kim

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

he lied about removing the body from the tree. poo poo's getting interesting

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

"alright let's get going.....ken"

"kim"

"not ken?"

"no"

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

he lied about removing the body from the tree. poo poo's getting interesting

Keep us updated.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

"oh my god, jesus. I thought it was joking"

punched cuno

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

aight gotta admit watching a normie loved one play DE would be entertaining as heck

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

punched cuno

lmfao whats a "joke", what a nitwit

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

punched cuno

lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

in his defense, cuno had it coming

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

What? It's just a light tap.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Just started playing Disco Elysium. This is amazing, I feel like I’m playing Fallout 2 in the 90s for the first time, in that it’s an isometric RPG and I really can do whatever I want and I have no idea what’s going on. I misinterpreted opening the secret compartment in the ledger and assumed it was a glitch that I died. Now I just have my wife weirded out. I think I’m playing it right?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

punched cuno

someone once said DE is a test of what people would actually do, given power, and i think thats more than half fair

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

:frogsiren: mazovian socioeconomics unlocked. break until next visit

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Chard posted:

someone once said DE is a test of what people would actually do, given power, and i think thats more than half fair

not true, i punched cuno and ive refrained from decking anyone so far

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Homeless Friend posted:

still slowly lolling at the idea of ppls tv's reproducing the treble on the nier ost

i only played via fine gamer headset because i am le connoisseur

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

returnal is pretty dang good

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

So I was clearing out MULE camps in death stranding and I'm thinking, "this would be much better with a gun, when do I get a basic pistol like that corpse disposal guy in the prologue?" But then I realized that you can't just shoot up an entire MULE camp and leave the dead bodies there because of the setting. You'd need a mobile incinerator or localized massive explosion or flamethrower weapon. I'm pretty sure I've transported a few of those so what is the problem Sam, afraid to commit some mass murder to reunite the U.S.A?

It seems really contrived in a way that only a non-american could create. Bola guns were from SNES jurrasic park for dealing with raptors, FN FiveseveN is for high speed operators to shoot terrorists in the dome. I thought this was settled.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the moral lesson at play that you're missing is that killing people will only lead to tar daemons blowing up cities into fish. its classic kojima at play here.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

punched cuno

I punched cuno and didn't regret or second guess my decision to do so

the game docked me points for it later but the game was wrong

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

palindrome posted:

So I was clearing out MULE camps in death stranding and I'm thinking, "this would be much better with a gun, when do I get a basic pistol like that corpse disposal guy in the prologue?" But then I realized that you can't just shoot up an entire MULE camp and leave the dead bodies there because of the setting. You'd need a mobile incinerator or localized massive explosion or flamethrower weapon. I'm pretty sure I've transported a few of those so what is the problem Sam, afraid to commit some mass murder to reunite the U.S.A?

It seems really contrived in a way that only a non-american could create. Bola guns were from SNES jurrasic park for dealing with raptors, FN FiveseveN is for high speed operators to shoot terrorists in the dome. I thought this was settled.

fun fact: if you decide to actually put forward the effort to kill them and take them to an incinerator, their camps will stay permanently empty unless forced to have people in it by a mission or whatever

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

oh drat, really? I was wondering what happens if you were to run them over with a truck, which I do not yet have access to. Kojima really is a genius.

Meanwhile, I'm at the terminal trying to fabricate tools. [Create lethal bullet shooting gun] > [unavailable] :smith:

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

I guess this is settled in that same cutscene where elite corpse disposal team 6 operator "Igor" fails to end himself and drops his pistol and a baby, Sam rescues the Baby and doesn't notice the gun. I was like, "WAIT pick up the....."

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
Why do they call it Titanfall 2 if the titan already fell in the first one

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
all the titans fall in the first one, and then EVEN MORE fall in 2

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

having beaten hypnospace outlaw I find myself wiggling my mouse cursor in an attempt to get pages to load faster

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

:discourse:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Buck Wildman posted:

:frogsiren: mazovian socioeconomics unlocked. break until next visit

thank you for sharing this journey and I am eager for more

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol that owns

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

drat... thats rad as hell

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cool av posted:

uhh gonna have to call you out on this one

infinity blade was fun when i bought it for 3 dollars in like 2005 or whenever that was

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i really wish the trend for phone game was to just pay loving money for a product instead of all this trash loaded with ads or freenium poo poo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

how are you posting final fantasy 5 tracks and not the gilgamesh fight theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw3ZLgdXkvw

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bootleg Trunks posted:

are those remakes of ff 1-5 any good

the gba remake of final fantasy 1 made the game not ball bustingly hard so it sucks

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i really wish the trend for phone game was to just pay loving money for a product instead of all this trash loaded with ads or freenium poo poo

nobody wants to pay $20-$40 for a phone game and everyone is mushy brain addicted to FREE games with $1-$10 crystal lootboxes to continue playing after 30 minutes and if you buy $100 worth of crystals in bulk you'll get 25% off thats an extra 500 crystals FREE.

phones are one serious dead-end platform and almost have been since their inception except getting boomer moms playing candy crush to drop $$$. the rise of being able to play stuff like fortnite or pubg on a phone is pretty 'revolutionary' though.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

I'm so hungry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Xaris posted:

nobody wants to pay $20-$40 for a phone game and everyone is mushy brain addicted to FREE games with $1-$10 crystal lootboxes to continue playing after 30 minutes and if you buy $100 worth of crystals in bulk you'll get 25% off thats an extra 500 crystals FREE.

phones are one serious dead-end platform and almost have been since their inception except getting boomer moms playing candy crush to drop $$$. the rise of being able to play stuff like fortnite or pubg on a phone is pretty 'revolutionary' though.

i couldnt get people to buy king of dragon pass for no other reason than they balked at the price tag of ten dollars. its madness.