Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I can't fully remember it but there were videos of him so it called into question whether anything he had said was true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I want the whole scoop, it deserves to be archived in the pyf saga thread

e: if he was a cia plant i want the cia to know, as ik of this communist hotbed, i am extremely fond of bribes.

probably just some comfortable-rear end gusano

on the other hand i distinctly remember that when the bolivia coup kicked off there was someone who had registered their account literally that very same day who jumped into the dnd thread and started a whole spiel about being bolivian and how the fascist coup was just a restoration of democracy and was regrettable but necessary because morales was such a bad man, and wouldn't you know, the shitlibs immediately bought the most obvious op possible and started screaming about how you need to listen to bolivians and how the fact that the coupers were literally waving around swastikas and defacing the flag of the indigenous peoples didn't really mean anything

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
the Steven Universe avatar Bolivian fascist account absolutely ruled. what a time for the forums

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i dont doubt that there were actual bolivans that felt that way, but they felt that way because every country has those kinds of incredible assholes

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Our local sra chapter split over the Bolivian coup, and I'm not even kidding. The most prominent anarchist in the group called me a 'fox News leftist' because I believed the takeover in Bolivia was a coup, and it started a huge poo poo fit. I'm sure if someone asked him now he'd deny all that and say he thought it was a coup from the beginning

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Corky Romanovsky posted:

you can't cite past actions and outcomes because they have no relation to this thread

Read the op

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I remember a probe hitting me because I dared say that the rear end in a top hat insurrectionists who were attacking the Maduro regime's soldiers, some of whom were trying to break into/destroy/light up an armored vehicle of some sort and got splatted under it as it tried to flee, deserved to die for trying to destroy a government trying to serve its people in the pursuit of unfettered capitalistic exploitation. PPJ hit me with a 30-day for it. lol.

Surely enough, when AMERICANS trying to storm the Capitol and lynch Congress and the Senate in Trump's name get called insurrectionists deserving of death, no such reaction. I seem to recall an awful lot of 'why didn't they shoot them all' posts, rightly. Meanwhile, throwing molotov cocktails at armored vehicles in Caracas, that's just peaceful protest...

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I remember pointing to a third party report about how a very dark skinned Afro-Venezuelan man had a tire slipped over his head, which was then set on fire was pretty racist according to the report. I was informed that there really wasn't any racism in Venezuela as everyone is mestizo, and was told then that he had stolen a phone and in that case probably deserved it and I noped the gently caress out of there.

Kokoro Wish has issued a correction as of 13:03 on May 1, 2021

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Double yikes

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
about bolivia, looks like my continent truly is ruled by the demon cracker union
https://twitter.com/OVargas52/status/1387874379195953153
lmao loving union of nazis

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

mortons stork posted:

about bolivia, looks like my continent truly is ruled by the demon cracker union
https://twitter.com/OVargas52/status/1387874379195953153
lmao loving union of nazis

lmao we suck so much.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
if only the dictators in south america faced justice

*right wing coup regime head is jailed*

no no no what are you DOING

THS
Sep 15, 2017

appealing to the EU to free the persecuted serbian poet Radovan Karadzic

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Why would Matt Yglesias do this

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Supposedly, Castillo is doing better but there is plenty of campaign left...

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Lol. CIA is deploying the cancer gun against Castillo.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i dont doubt that there were actual bolivans that felt that way, but they felt that way because every country has those kinds of incredible assholes

and they know it too, the same people are always complaining about their right-wing coworkers and high school friends and aunts and whatnot. Uh no sorry your Aunt Margaret is an American so if she says Biden stole the election with 3am pallet dumps of fake ballots in Maricopa County then it must have happened YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO AMERICANS!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I do appreciate that eventually the Venezuela thread collapsed under the weight of the internal contradictions and just had to be closed

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1388604107397771268?s=20
https://twitter.com/ReutersWorld/status/1388621801241161728?s=20

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonPoblete/status/1388171437215821832

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

In America, when we nationalize people's land, we immediately give it away to a corporation and call it eminent domain. SCOTUS has ruled that anything that grows the economy (-> GDP -> all of it could go in one rich person's wallet) is in the national interest. https://www.propublica.org/article/its-his-land-now-a-canadian-company-gets-to-take-it

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

If the lawyers defending the Cuban side somehow actually win, they will be imprisoned.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Jose posted:

I can't fully remember it but there were videos of him so it called into question whether anything he had said was true

he posted a thread in let's play advertising his vidya game streams

streams in which he was conspicuously white and spoke in unaccented english while, by his own admission, living in sweden

this was the guy d&d mods wanted everyone to defer to on anything concerning venezeula because he was a real venezeulan who actually knew what was going on in the country, not some white video game playing poster living halfway across the world

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

and to be clear: being white living abroad and speaking unaccented english obviously doesn't mean you're not a ~real latino~ or w/e, but if you're a venezuelan expat it does make it ~30 times more likely that you're the descendant of some real pieces of poo poo who probably got what was coming to them and don't have any special insight on what people actually living in the country think

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Our local sra chapter split over the Bolivian coup, and I'm not even kidding. The most prominent anarchist in the group called me a 'fox News leftist' because I believed the takeover in Bolivia was a coup, and it started a huge poo poo fit. I'm sure if someone asked him now he'd deny all that and say he thought it was a coup from the beginning

I'd bet my bottom dollar that guy was an undercover fed

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

I'd bet my bottom dollar that guy was an undercover fed

The thought has crossed my mind

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Algund Eenboom posted:

Looking forward to the impending colonization of cuba

I don't know how anyone can assume this is anything other than a CIA anti-spy device or whatever that's just loving everyone up

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Grapplejack posted:

I don't know how anyone can assume this is anything other than a CIA anti-spy device or whatever that's just loving everyone up

I mean it’s probably mold

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Wasn't it concluded it was literally just crickets chirping?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

only if you ask cricket scientists who are notoriously prorussian in outlook and highly untrustworthy

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Everyone has different symptoms.

Some of it is probably job stress, financial stress, family stress, getting older, not sleeping well, etc. Tinnitus can be caused by stress. Hurricanes are often accompanied by significant pressure drops which can trigger headaches and such. I've probably suffered symptoms similar to these embassy people within the past 5 years and I haven't been anywhere near a US embassy.

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

If the US intelligence community really believed there was a hostile foreign power in possession of an unknown technology capable of remotely giving people brain damage, we would be at defcon 1. As it stands, it's probably just some spooks trying to drum up sympathy because some embassy workers got a headache

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

i bet :10bux: that the spooks spend their time partying too hard and are blaming the hangovers on secret energy weapons

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
The inherent threat just from this weapon existing would mean no major politician would ever leave an underground bunker.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Some of it is probably job stress, financial stress, family stress, getting older, not sleeping well, etc. Tinnitus can be caused by stress. Hurricanes are often accompanied by significant pressure drops which can trigger headaches and such. I've probably suffered symptoms similar to these embassy people within the past 5 years and I haven't been anywhere near a US embassy.

Am I getting old? No! It's the Russians!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
CIA agents keep getting the cold shoulder from their wives and decided the Russians must be up to something

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Corky Romanovsky posted:

But you could have been near a CIA blacksite without knowing otherwise

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Its divine punishment for working for the Great Satan

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

it's the cognitive dissonance from being in cuba and seeing that the people there are actually happier and healthier than americans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Wasn't it concluded it was literally just crickets chirping?

The noise was probably crickets, the brain damage was probably pesticide exposure. There were major fumigation efforts at the time to exterminate mosquitoes carrying the Zika virus.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/havana-syndrome-neurotoxin-enqu%C3%AAte-1.5288609