Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

i remember my dad taking his new sierra estate through one and the brushes scratching all the paint on the back hatch

and then they opened one that was like pressure washer nozzles mounted on some spinning triangles that was supposed to wash the dirt off but was just really poo poo

i think theyve all been replaced by eastern european men with buckets and mops here and they do a much better job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
although probably there were horrific incidents involving them like those stories you used to hear about people being eaten by escalators

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The_Doctor posted:

Got jab no. 1 yesterday, so taking it easy. With a nice big fry up.

Awesome you got it! Taking it easy sounds good, any jab pain/sideeffects?

Sudden Javelin posted:

Might try out one of those automatic car washes. I've only been in one in my dads car as a child so I am paranoid there'll be some basic and obvious but critical thing about it that everyone knows but I don't, exposing what a sheltered piss baby I am when I end up needing help

Follow the lights, stop at the line and wind the windows up - unless you want the interior done too

crispix posted:

i am going to do some progrimming on my home-computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hehe:

You must be very smart!

hemale in pain posted:

I'm going to visit my mum but it's to make bicycles in her garden

I'm sure she appreciates your company regardless

Vitamins posted:

paralysed between staying in and going out, destined to regret my choice either way and continuing with my completely unfulfilling life. standard sunday really.

Do a Rats. I'm slobbering, lifelessly at the moment, but go for a walk in a bit and take some pretty pictures along the way.

I'm doing a bird list this year against my partner, I've got 38 species she's got just over 80 I think. Need to step up my game.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Ratjaculation posted:

What's everyone doing today?

Sitting in a carpark with a chai latte and a McDonald's breakfast roll.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Vitamins posted:

i think theyve all been replaced by eastern european men with buckets and mops here and they do a much better job

there was one such near where i used to work and that's what got me into romanian folk-pop

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Actually I'm lying, I'm parked outside the carpark because I don't want to spend 50p for an hour ticket when I don't need to.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Salisbury Snape posted:

Sitting in a carpark with a chai latte and a McDonald's breakfast roll.

Only 12 hours and it's dogging time

crispix posted:

there was one such near where i used to work and that's what got me into romanian folk-pop

I like folk-pop

send recommendations

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ratjaculation posted:

Awesome you got it! Taking it easy sounds good, any jab pain/sideeffects?

Woke up with a very mild headache, but that could be dehydration and that it was 25° in my room (curse you combination of east facing window and really good heat retaining new build house). I’ve drunk a lot of water now and taken a couple of paracetamol.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I'm moving some blocks by hand as the villagers got out their pitchforks over me diggering noisily on Sundays.

Then go and watch the F1 and design a fitted dining area/bed for a pal's new narrow boat.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Was out last night and the weather's poo poo so just staying in and monging out. Got some sausages and chips in the oven, probably gonna play some children of morta on the switch

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I had my first Pfizer on Friday, haven't noticed any side effects yet. Was a bit chilly yesterday but it was only about 14 degrees in the house.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

el dingo posted:

Was out last night

what the

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ratjaculation posted:

What's everyone doing today?

It's the bank holiday weekend so obviously I'm working

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol. The joke was that that was your school report, that your teachers considered you the unpleasant thing. Now that I've explained it I'm sure everyone will agree it was brilliant banter that definitely works.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Cyril Sneeer fucked around with this message at 12:05 on May 2, 2021

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
I don’t like those hand car washes staffed by Eastern European blokes because I heard they were all in modern slavery :(

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Hm maybe delete this post imho

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:12 on May 2, 2021

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

please don't do any of this, but please do call 116 123 and discuss what's going on with someone who will listen and help

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 2, 2021

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hello police doing some investigating :wave:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Gasmask posted:

I don’t like those hand car washes staffed by Eastern European blokes because I heard they were all in modern slavery :(

Yeah a few years back a company that runs them in supermarket car parks was exposed for paying £40 for 12 hours work

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gasmask posted:

Hm maybe delete this post imho

When you are doing this, it is polite to not quote the whole thing you are encouraging them to delete.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I've always enjoyed cleaning where you could see results, if you know what I mean. Like scrubbing a saucey plate, or moping up blood.

I plan to wash my car for the same reason, it'll be rewarding to see it shine.

But I'll be doing it with my bedsheets - annually.

Cyril Sneeer
Apr 4, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
snip

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Never mind

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

So anyway, yeah, car washes...

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

:stare:

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Hey guys, it's me fingerless! Good time here, all moved into my flat and drfinately not selling a gun on the dark web!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have you pissed in all the corners yet to claim it as your own?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that's not very dark web of you

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

don't forget to put salt across all your doorways so dracula can't come in

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Or slugs

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/ofk6c6s.mp4

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hello everyone I've had an exciting Sunday morning of doing the food shop and tidying the kitchen and hanging the washing up hOW IS EVERYO E DOIGN TODYaaaaayy

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have too many leeks and Morrison’s do this stupid thing where they cut the ends off so they spoil in a day.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I have too many leeks and Morrison’s do this stupid thing where they cut the ends off so they spoil in a day.

Get some creme fraishe (or oatly if you don't do dairy), some veg stock, pastry and some mushrooms.

Make an awesome pie with them.

As in make it for me, tia.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Slightly late for Fray Bentos chat, but.

When I was a student I had a flat in Aberdeen that I shared with a poltergeist. It would primarily make itself known by hurling Frat Bentos pie tins about my kitchen. I lived alone, and as I lived off the traditional awful student diet I always had multiple pies in stock. They lived either in the cupboard or on top of the fridge behind all the bottles of booze. On about six occasions I was surprised by the sound of pie tins clattering off the far wall of the kitchen- some of them were thrown hard enough to gouge the wallpaper. In order to get to where they landed they would have had to either be lifted over the wall of bottles and then thrown, or taken out of the cupboard.

So yeah. I ended up eating them all which actually stopped that particular weird poo poo (other stuff also happened, but that’s a different story). Quite why the pie tins were the focus of this I don’t know, but it was weird as all gently caress.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Haunted by Tinned Pies

A Netflix Original Series

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Camrath posted:

(other stuff also happened, but that’s a different story).

I would like to hear this story very much.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can you freeze leeks? I would assume they freeze reasonably well if diced.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Ratjaculation posted:

Get some creme fraishe (or oatly if you don't do dairy), some veg stock, pastry and some mushrooms.

Make an awesome pie with them.

As in make it for me, tia.

I have all these things - I got two pies worth of pastry I made earlier in the freezer as well 👍

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The only leeks they had in aldi today were the rubbish continental leeks that have way too much of the white bit, which upsets my stomach. The British leeks with their prodigious greenery are far superior imo except not imo cuz it is a fact