Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

haveblue posted:

Making every armor ever released an ornament is impossible under this system, they introduce new armor faster than you'd catch up

The dopest armor is always going to be eververse ornaments anyway

why do they insist on making everything asymmetrical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
It sucks but like, I'm going to be done with all the transmog I'll ever want by the second season, sounds like.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I dipped out a season or two ago. Is there any news on Destiny Three on the horizon? Or is there going to be another big expansion in a while?

I'm not jonesing to come back yet. But when I do, I'd like to pick a fun time.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Captain Log posted:

I dipped out a season or two ago. Is there any news on Destiny Three on the horizon? Or is there going to be another big expansion in a while?

I'm not jonesing to come back yet. But when I do, I'd like to pick a fun time.

Witch Queen is bumped to early 2022 and no D3 for several years yet.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I just wanna tramsmog my legs into trials legs to match my other pieces and thats probably all ill ever do.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

And i have 204,000 bright dust. One day they will sell a D1 Last Word for 200k bright dust and only I'll have it. Just you wait.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The limits were inevitable. There was no reason to think they would let transmog threaten the store but they just couldn't help adding a bunch of pointless currencies and trips to the tower.

If they had just said some weekly challenges will now award a synthweave and left it at that they wouldn't have gotten nearly as much flak.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

sunday at work posted:

The limits were inevitable. There was no reason to think they would let transmog threaten the store but they just couldn't help adding a bunch of pointless currencies and trips to the tower.

If they had just said some weekly challenges will now award a synthweave and left it at that they wouldn't have gotten nearly as much flak.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

started playing this for the first time yesterday and i have no idea why i was supposed to be mowing down wave after wave of dudes but i had alot of fun for the 4 hours i was doing it.

i got it when it was free for ps gold members a while ago so i think its just the base game. am i missing out on anything by not having the expansions now or can i get them later whenever i finish the base game?

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Unfortunately, with the latest expansion all of the story of the base game was removed. All that's left is a (very brief) intro quest.

If you want some context to why you're mowing down dudes, you'll need the expansions. Forsaken, Shadowkeep, and Beyond Light are the currently active expansions, with Forsaken generally regarded as the best story content. Don't buy them at full price, they quite regularly go on sale, and are available as a bundle. As well as the story missions, the expansions unlock access to new strikes, abilities, gear, raids etc.

There's also season pass content every season (4 times a year) that usually has a story aspect, but you have to pay even more money for those. (I'd imagine most people buy the seasons as part of the expansion bundle, since they are not worth $15 each).

Some stuff, though, is free for eveyone, like the guardian games at the moment. Worth engaging with as you'll get a nice exotic machine gun with very little effort.

Hobnob fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 24, 2021

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Hobnob posted:

very little effort.

This year, anyway.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
I gilded my gambit seal.

...why?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Incitatus posted:

I gilded my gambit seal.

...why?

I did too... accidentally

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

hiddenriverninja posted:

I did too... accidentally

I need to kill 5 more enemies with their super activated to get my title. I’ve been stuck at this for like two years. :(

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Can’t imagine playing enough gambit to get 50 wins for the gilded seal

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

ohrwurm posted:

I can happen pretty accidentally if you have friends

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

ohrwurm posted:

that's only 50 games :smuggo:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Milosh posted:

I need to kill 5 more enemies with their super activated to get my title. I’ve been stuck at this for like two years. :(

That was the last one I completed too, after taking forever to get my Thrillmonger medals. Focus on killing invaders, or invade when their primeval’s up. Those are pretty much the only two times anyone uses their one (1) super per match anymore.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

I can happen pretty accidentally if you have friends

It’s 50 games too many

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I.e. gambit bad

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Gambit is the best game mode and it’s better than it’s ever been before.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Its the PvE you can get anywhere combined with brief bouts of PvP that make regular crucible look balanced and varied. What's not to like?

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Liar Lyre posted:

Gambit is the best game mode and it’s better than it’s ever been before.

please, let’s not turn this thread into a den of lies

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Liar Lyre posted:

Gambit is the best game mode

apt username/post combo

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I wish I'd recorded this but last night the primeval just started... wandering around the map, it was the Earth map and he just hopped off the platform and started walking back towards the spawn point like "gently caress this, I'm out"

broke line of sight on my chaos reach when he first jumped down :mad:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Still a better pvp experience than crucible

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
In crucible you get more than five seconds between “it’s pvp time” and getting obliterated by eyes of tomorrow

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
Gambit is less bad than it was but it's still not good enough to make me want to grind it. Which sucks because I still like the Gambit weapon aesthetic.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

This is what a well rolled quick charge fusion can already do:

https://youtu.be/3kehSPn9hXQ

And they are going to get a buff. This should be good.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

As a fusion rifle liker I can’t wait for fusion meta to be some competition to shotgun meta

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

ohrwurm posted:

As a fusion rifle liker I can’t wait for fusion meta to be some competition to shotgun meta

Yeah i think a 2 meter buff to the fast firing ones could make them pretty decent, i was gunning bastion users every time.

Its about time shotguns had their wings clipped. 120s too

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

CheeseFactory posted:

Which fusion are you using?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Emblem? Emblem!!

https://twitter.com/DestinyNewsCom/status/1389637337165008897?s=20

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Also it's double infamy this week. go bank some motes!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

But every day is gambit day

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
1 day a week is play gambit until you earn the dust day

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Listerine posted:

Which fusion are you using?

I like this one the most of the rapid fires.

https://i.imgur.com/tA6dskM.jpg

This one is good too and its not sunset.

https://i.imgur.com/BD2q0QR.jpg

Looks like this season has 30 new weapons and one appars to be a aggressive sidearm.

If its kinetic and can roll range finder I'll be farming that bad boy all day long.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Garden of salvation one is RF and can roll HiR which I believe will be getting buffed as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Have a few rapid fires in my vault, gotta try them