Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

I don't think there's a reason why OFA can't be passed back to a previous holder, so all Deku has to do is give OFA to a person, they give it back, and that person can use the embers without dying from Quirk overload, assuming they can survive their bones shattering to pieces whenever they punch.

I really doubt that anyone who hasn't used OFA for loving years like All-Might can retain any of the power after like five seconds of having it. It took Deku longer than that to even feel the first bit of power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

christmas boots posted:

condolences to the guy who gets danger sense and nothing else.

QUIRK: HIGH ANXIETY

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I really doubt that anyone who hasn't used OFA for loving years like All-Might can retain any of the power after like five seconds of having it. It took Deku longer than that to even feel the first bit of power.

We also saw that none of it stuck with Bakugo in the movie. Suggests it takes a while to build up enough to leave embers.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Sindai posted:

instead of superpowers everyone just gets a ghost Deku in their head sternly lecturing them if they do anything bad.

"Deku Ghost is extremely shy and uncomfortable in everyone's brain space" is a whole new dimension of Dekubowl fanfic I did not even consider.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Deku Ghost is absolutely not shy and frankly the constant fanboying over people's quirks and the observations he's made in his little ghost notebook are kind of off-putting.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

chiasaur11 posted:

We also saw that none of it stuck with Bakugo in the movie. Suggests it takes a while to build up enough to leave embers.
How much of a hand did Horikoshi even have in the plots of the movies? I'd assumed they were like the DBZ ones in that the creator had final veto but otherwise the task of primary writing went to other people.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
With that one in particular I seem to recall Horikoshi saying that it incorporated elements from his original plans for the ending

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Deku redistributes the power of OfA, but leaves just enough for himself to have the proportionate strength of a spider.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Would it be neat or dumb if either the second or third OfA holder was the glowing baby that was the first recorded case of quirks, and Deku can use that power as a sort of full body flash bang?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It's Golden Week right now, right?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, it's golden week.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Horikoshi, taking his legally-mandated one week off a year that isn't because he's dying of plague.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Horikoshi spending golden week doing the lords work:
https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1388547586039042054?s=21

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Just calling him Hornikoshi from now on

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Following the trend from Bunny Girl to Full On Mouse(?) Girl, I can only assume MHA will become entirely about horny furries by this time next year.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
He also did a sketch today of a bunch of kids from both classes sitting around reading Dragon Ball:

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1388471886183419904

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

ImpAtom posted:

Following the trend from Bunny Girl to Full On Mouse(?) Girl, I can only assume MHA will become entirely about horny furries by this time next year.

Horikoshi living his best, horny life.

At least he made the sexy fan service bunny girl incredibly badass and awesome so the horny is more palatable.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Mirko is always depicted mid-rear end kicking, or impatiently waiting to start rear end kicking. You basically can't depict her in any pose or angle that doesn't look great, and isn't that the mark of truly great character design? That, and leotards.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I know MHA has its flaws and isn't always great at depicting the girls and the older women in the cast, but I always have thought it's really cool that Mina was an inspiration for Kirishima. A lot of times in anime I feel like that kind of relationship is framed in more of an "oh she's so beautiful and perfect", idealized attraction kind of way. But with Kirishima and Mina it was just a straight up "Wow she's a good person and I want to be more like her", and I feel like it's not very common in anime for an adolescent male to have that kind of view of a girl his same age.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Especially because it’s the character that explicitly tries to embody manliness so it’s nice that his idea of what that means is inspired by female role models and not threatened by them.

Calls into question whether or not “manliness” is really the right term but wholesome nonetheless

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Deku's face. :allears:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Something was awakened in Deku’s soul at that moment

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Deku coming fresh off of Resident Evill VIIIage

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
where does she even go to buy 12 foot tall jeans

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Burginator posted:

The big and tall quirks shop

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Burginator posted:

Detnerat, run by upstanding citizen Rikiya Yotsubashi, who definitely isn't some kind of megalomaniac bent on upending society.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'd assume she goes to some kind of... really good... jean... ist? Maybe even the very best? But who could that be? :thunk:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Arist posted:

I'd assume she goes to some kind of... really good... jean... ist? Maybe even the very best? But who could that be? :thunk:

Runner-up Jeanist

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Burginator posted:

This was covered in some extra page but clothing stores customize stuff at request, and this is apparently the default since there's so many mutant people. Ojiro has to say, pick out his pants and then the store customizes them so he can wear them and he picks them up after. Denerat also sells support gear and products for mutant-type people.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

christmas boots posted:

Runner-up Jeanist

For eight consecutive years.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Every time I see fluffy eyelashes like that I always get thrown off by them.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
All I see when I look at her face is a fuzzy snivy.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Man, I was doing some looking around because of the episode yesterday and I'd clean forgotten that we see Mushroom girl throat-sporing a whole group of villains during the mansion raid. I swear she's one of the most op characters we've seen.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Anyone can be op if the conditions are right.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kinoko (mushroom girl) is one of a couple hero characters in this series that would be incredibly dangerous if she was a villain (for example, her ability to grow mushrooms anywhere would make it very easy to kill lots of people at once)

If anything, the anime somehow made her even creepier.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Larryb posted:

Kinoko (mushroom girl) is one of a couple hero characters in this series that would be incredibly dangerous if she was a villain (for example, her ability to grow mushrooms anywhere would make it very easy to kill lots of people at once)

If anything, the anime somehow made her even creepier.

It's not even visible that she's doing it too. She could just wear normal clothes and a hero wouldn't ever know it was her until it's too late. Move over Shinso, she's the real 'thank god they're not a villain' for this arc!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ironically One For All is probably one of the least concerning power sets to be in the hands of a mass murderer in terms of pure body count. Like yeah Evil Deku could paste quite a few people but he's mostly specialized in taking out one on one fights. In comparison most of the rest of his classmates could obliterate somewhere around a city block if they wanted to.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Given how stupidly destructive One for All has been shown as being that is not wholly true.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Ironically One For All is probably one of the least concerning power sets to be in the hands of a mass murderer in terms of pure body count. Like yeah Evil Deku could paste quite a few people but he's mostly specialized in taking out one on one fights. In comparison most of the rest of his classmates could obliterate somewhere around a city block if they wanted to.
I think you're underestimating both the upper limits of OfA and the potential destructive power of the tendrils. Deku's already proven to be very good at multitasking with them. Combine both of those with the danger sense, and you basically get a villain who's a combination of Spider-Man and Doc Ock. Who can fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
One For All would be pretty terrifying in the hands of a villain, yeah. In the hands of All For One or Shigaraki, the two villains actually pursuing it, though, it ironically probably wouldn't change much (beyond OFA not being able to oppose them anymore, which is definitely bad); those two are already so massively destructive that, barring it somehow possibly Decay even further, the power it would give them wouldn't make a meaningful difference. AFO's after it because he's a prick who wants whatever he can't have and wants to finally defeat his brother for good, not for the actual use it has for him, and Shiggy wants it because of AFO.