Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

IcePhoenix posted:

hopefully that makes beastmaster "normal" again

also lmao adding a tenth of a second to hoodwink's stun I will never understand changes with an increment that small

They're looking at metrics across millions of players and slowly dialing in to some desired outcome.

Making numbers up, if Hoodwink is at a 48.5% winrate and they want to nudge her toward 50%, they'll give a teeny buff to one ability, watch the metrics for a few days (weeks?), see if the numbers improve, and go from there.

If they just slam an extra full second onto the same stun it would probably overcorrect and swing her wildly to, say, a 52% winrate. If you're trying to carefully dial to 50%, you want to avoid those big fluctuations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Surprised that Puck was so gently nerfed.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Has Hoodwink been picked in DPC yet?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
As a 4, yeah. IIRC it sucked.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah many times by tier 2 teams and it’s never looked good. Even in pubs it’s a poo poo show

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Hey after Simply TooBased crushed Sadboys last night they asked Monkeys Forever about Brood!

He basically gave an evil laugh and said, "I expect her first or second ban from here on out, one hero just cannot possibly deal with her once she gets going."

BTW TooBased looked loving awesome in those games, Boris was like a horror movie slasher.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

also lmao adding a tenth of a second to hoodwink's stun I will never understand changes with an increment that small

They generally make changes like this because it allows you to chain abilities without the enemy hero being able to respond/blink, I d on't play hoodwink but can you maybe get her ult off now?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I still dunno wtf to build on hoodwinked

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

https://www.dota2.com/patches/7.29c

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

JonathonSpectre posted:

Hey after Simply TooBased crushed Sadboys last night they asked Monkeys Forever about Brood!

He basically gave an evil laugh and said, "I expect her first or second ban from here on out, one hero just cannot possibly deal with her once she gets going."

BTW TooBased looked loving awesome in those games, Boris was like a horror movie slasher.

It's super funny to me that zfreak got poached from what was essentially Monkey's friendship stack and now Sadboys has failed to win a single game whereas 2Based has looked pretty good.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

I still dunno wtf to build on hoodwinked

Hoodwink is a pretty bad core.
  • If you get sneezed on, you die. Her base HP at level 20 is like... 1300.
  • Her scaling is extremely mediocre. No autoattack steroids.

Hoodwink is a good support.
  • Great base stats -- 51 damage, 575 range, 4 armor, 320 movespeed. Base!
  • All abilities are very long range. Your "area of influence" is huge, and you can poke very effectively.
  • Not item dependent -- but scales well! All Hoodwink needs is level 6 to have a big impact on the map. Her item dependency is comparable to Lina -- doesn't need them to fight or farm, but can use them to fight or farm better.

Tranquils
Euls
Maelstrom

You can buy some other support-y stuff if it makes sense (like Glimmer, Force Staff). I think she's legit at a 4/5.

e: go Acorn --> Net --> Scurry --> Max Net

You really, really should take the scurry point at level 3. It's an absurdly good skill and completely changes how the hero skirmishes. This works out in the laning phase because you shouldn't be spamming skills anyways. Just use your autoattacks.

DNK fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Apr 30, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NtotheTC posted:

They generally make changes like this because it allows you to chain abilities without the enemy hero being able to respond/blink, I d on't play hoodwink but can you maybe get her ult off now?

this makes a lot more sense to me than the previous wall of text thank you

lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This ASM.Gambit/Winstrike Game 1 is insane and re1bel is having one of the best void spirit games I've ever seen

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

The .1 seconds doesn’t matter for her ult really, the bigger thing is probably the projectile speed on bushwack. Small duration buff, increase in reliability because bushwack is faster, and makes the bushwack then acorn combo a lot harder or impossible. Haven’t tested it tbh

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

She went from 47% overall winrate to 50% from it.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

sugar free jazz posted:

The .1 seconds doesn’t matter for her ult really, the bigger thing is probably the projectile speed on bushwack. Small duration buff, increase in reliability because bushwack is faster, and makes the bushwack then acorn combo a lot harder or impossible. Haven’t tested it tbh

I tested. Bush-->Acorn is now impossible. You can't do it with Aether Lens and/or Seer Stone, either. The fundamental problem is that the Bushwack projectile is now as fast as the Acorn shot projectile -- You can do it if you have quicksilver amulet.

I mean, overall it's still a buff.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Is Meteor Hammer a thing on Hoodwink? That extra .1 might help get that chained.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

beastcoast vs thunder predator is about to start https://twitch.tv/ogadotapit

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Honestly making Bush to acorn impossible probably helped her win rate because it was so unreliable

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Leostyle playing out of his mind with these shackles

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

beastcoast still the kings of SA

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Man i hope beastcoast actually makes it to the major this time

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Man i hope beastcoast actually makes it to the major this time

valve should just get enough J&J shots for their org and fly them out like three weeks ahead of time

actually do the same for TP as well

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

valve should just get enough J&J shots for their org and fly them out like three weeks ahead of time

actually do the same for TP as well

afaik, it was specifically stinger's fault for doing some boboka style poo poo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope Brame wins this, they seem cool

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Andrast posted:

I hope Brame wins this, they seem cool

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Miracle has so much farm lol

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Casual 21:30 medusa rapier

E: it's over already loving lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol Miracle mad that he didn't get the rampage

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

what the gently caress is this brame draft

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
can we say w33 was the problem yet

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Reality Protester posted:

We've been able to say it since w33 was still on the roster.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
nigma is 2-2, theyre not exactly overperforming compared to how good they were last season lol

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Ah good. After absolutely crushing The Cut in Game 1, QC has now first-picked Hoodwink. Prepare yourselves.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
The Cut is so outclassed it's really sad to watch.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

You will find many like-minded people on Reddit

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
If this is like any of the other times w33 got kicked from a high profile team, we can probably assume he will end up getting second at TI10

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
ppd is casting EG vs SadBoys. He has already called out both teams having kicked him

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Jenkins bitching that WK skeletons have the temerity to keep chasing and attacking you instead of being easily re-aggroed.

Next up: Jenkins bitching that you can’t dodge Laguna Blade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
fear with the classic echo saber armlet lycan