Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the thing that's dumb about third dose is that pfizer is like, 91% efficacy at 6 months. a booster now isn't going to help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

wtf is even the debate though? even if third doses marginally helped it'd be the loving height of folly to keep injecting people in the us (especially fat useless forums posters) while most of the world is very much in line to get a single shot. both in that it'd be monstrously immoral and in that very good protection for a handful of people is clearly worse for *everyone* than decent protection for lots of people.

c-spam people are brain damaged and all of their pretended social consciousness is performative.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

c-spam people are brain damaged and all of their pretended social consciousness is performative.

yeah they’re very much armchair leftists. they only accept armed revolution if they don’t have to be on the same continent. almost nobody there has any other ideological consciousness of their own either, its all straight out of books unless the poster has actually been in poverty before

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Kenny Logins posted:

argumentum ad baculum= when scott bakula punches you in the stomach and takes your lunch money, nerd
it's attempting to use a penis bone in an argument, also known as the Red Rocket Defense, although it has also been applied to non-baculal mammals; most notably by 19th century Swiss jurist Johan Cockringe: "If It Is erect, the charge can't be correct"

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Kenny Logins posted:

argumentum ad baculum= when scott bakula punches you in the stomach and takes your lunch money, nerd

argumentum count dracula: when you try and hypnotize your opponent using a really intense stare

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!

Jonny 290 posted:

i love the wacky soundboard completely overproduced vibe <record scratch>

I have no idea who still listens to Howard Stern, my Outback has a SiriusXM demo and he's still there.

Also CBS Sports Radio does a music bed under every host talking and it's incredibly loving irritating 1994-level poo poo. I want to hear the guy talk. if he has nothing useful to say get him off the air.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

sry your president sucks as bad as we said he would, but you don't have to take that poo poo out on c-spam

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

Sagebrush posted:

Insisting that everything people you don't like do is only performative is pure chud poo poo dude

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
CSPAM has a lot of problems but their heart is in the right place.

The Trump thread is mostly posting about cats since Trump is gone.

The Covid thread is full of crazy people but the general zeitgeist is "we don't have enough people vaccinated yet so I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens in the future," which is entirely reasonable.

Liberals accusing people who make them feel bad of being mentally ill has a long and storied history, though.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

CSPAM has a lot of problems but their heart is in the right place.

The Trump thread is mostly posting about cats since Trump is gone.

The Covid thread is full of crazy people but the general zeitgeist is "we don't have enough people vaccinated yet so I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens in the future," which is entirely reasonable.

Liberals accusing people who make them feel bad of being mentally ill has a long and storied history, though.

you can't even advocate for the retaliatory murder of all cops

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

SmokaDustbowl posted:

you can't even advocate for the retaliatory murder of all cops

Good poker necessitates that you never show your cards.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Good poker necessitates that you never show your cards.

or you can refuse to play

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA60L_NQYm0

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

I have no idea who still listens to Howard Stern, my Outback has a SiriusXM demo and he's still there.

Also CBS Sports Radio does a music bed under every host talking and it's incredibly loving irritating 1994-level poo poo. I want to hear the guy talk. if he has nothing useful to say get him off the air.

joe rogan has an audience of around 10 times what stern had at his peak

insanity

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

insanity

that's bullshit

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's just poo poo to trick advertisers

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
toooooooons of otherwise normal bros listen to rogan

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH8gUhDd6WE

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

toooooooons of otherwise normal bros listen to rogan

nah, the numbers are way overblown. do you know one person who listens to joe rogan?

I don't know anyone who listens to joe rogan lol

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

i used to

back when I was really into mma and quite a bit more chud adjacent

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

The Fool posted:

i used to

I have some chud adjacent type rough friends, and they've never brought up joe rogan

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah i know 2-3 people that tune in now and then, usually for drug/space cadet guests

I don't broach the topic. about 5 years ago i was almost lost to that tribe when i ragequit yospos for a few months and spent some time getting way into podcasts and posting on his forum. then i realized he was an idiot and most of his fans are dumb racists that just want legal weed

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm canadian though

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

then i realized he was an idiot and most of his fans are dumb racists that just want legal weed

that still makes them one step better than your average democrat tho, fwiw

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Fool posted:

i used to

a friend of mine who was a sanders voter in '16 and '20 listens regularly

he's an mma fan though, it seems like a common throughline for his audience

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

insanity

joe rogan has a maximum addressable market of all english speaking persons in the world, stern didn't at his apex

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
jonny talking about hoteps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UddFQUIREaE

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm canadian though

i'm canadian too, i know at least three other canadians who do or did listen to joe rogan

they're all from small town ontario, but that's probably coincidental

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

nah, the numbers are way overblown. do you know one person who listens to joe rogan?

I don't know anyone who listens to joe rogan lol

bear in mind that podcasts have a global audience, not just terrestrial us radio like stern did in the 80s and 90s. i can see rogan having a massive global audience

ef;b ^^^

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

The_Franz posted:

bear in mind that podcasts have a global audience, not just terrestrial us radio like stern did in the 80s and 90s. i can see rogan having a massive global audience

ef;b ^^^

it's also digitally distributed so you can gently caress with listener numbers to get the advertising up

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
lol, "i learned english from listening to joe rogan's show" is probably a sentence i will hear in my lifetime

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
joe rogan has the same audience numbers as those baby shark elsa spiderman youtube videos

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Stringent posted:

lol, "i learned english from listening to joe rogan's show" is probably a sentence i will hear in my lifetime

oh god

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

joe rogan has the same audience numbers as those baby shark elsa spiderman youtube videos

I don’t let my son watch YouTube anymore because of that poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

The Fool posted:

my friends have kids and it's rough now they're just old enough to start school now, but covid is so bad here

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I bet there are going to be tons of awesome songs about covid when this generation grows up lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9ckznQP2FA

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Stringent posted:

ok class repeat after me

“Check”

“out”

“this”

“Go”

“rill”

“a”

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

The Fool posted:

yeah, once we realized just how insidious the algorithm is we pretty much banned youtube. even the kids’ version will chuck all sorts of dumb poo poo their way.

I might sit down with my oldest son and watch some battlebots or (vetted) science-y videos but it’s very limited.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
bunch of gremlin STALKER children singing songs about covid lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

yeah, once we realized just how insidious the algorithm is we pretty much banned youtube. even the kids’ version will chuck all sorts of dumb poo poo their way.

I might sit down with my oldest son and watch some battlebots or (vetted) science-y videos but it’s very limited.

all of our childe youtube watchin has been various animal videos and animal feeding videos lately

i think this one has been played about 90 times in the past month in front of me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-xmQkhwzRk

for awhile there were requests for different combinations of animals and food, i've only had to veto anything with sharks lol