Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

A Proper Uppercut posted:

I would say it's like the opposite of shaky.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I don't recall any shaky cam in it.

Kvlt! posted:

Im very sensitive to motion sickness/shaky cam and had no problem. Its a great movie too!

Thanks all! She's in the last couple weeks of pregnancy and suffers from shaky cam trauma after the time we sat in the front row for The Visit, years ago. So being able to go in knowing there wouldn't be any struggle was very helpful. We ended up watching and enjoying a lot!

It was actually the finale of our about-to-have-a-kid Halfoween triple feature.

Dolls
The Good Son
Gretel and Hansel, the only one I had not yet seen

Overall, a really great triple feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Gaz2k21 posted:

I’ve had in search of darkness 2 on in the background here and there for the past two days it’s not a particularly great documentary, one thing I have noticed though....does Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) age??? She’s only a few months away from 70 and still looks like she’s in her 30s.

I feel like a lot of this footage was shot when they did the first one. I have zero interest in turning on the first one to find out though.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
I'm going through Craven's movies in order. Is Deadly Blessing worth watching? It looked like it was universally panned.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Not really unless you want to see young Sharon Stone and like movies about cults. Also Ernest Borgnine with a crazy beard.

Craven's made worse though so if you're going through everything...

Stink Billyums fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 2, 2021

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

dorium posted:

I feel like a lot of this footage was shot when they did the first one. I have zero interest in turning on the first one to find out though.

She’s still be in her 60’s....clearly a steady diet of horror is good for your health

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The second game of Scream Stream Horror Trivial Pursuit will be starting in one hour! Clear your schedules and meet us here to hoot, holler, and engage in audience participation!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Gaz2k21 posted:

She’s still be in her 60’s....clearly a steady diet of horror is good for your health

Continues consuming

Side Note:

goddamn the back half of the Insidious series sucks rear end. James Wan is legit a great director that can pull together the barest bones of an idea into a compelling film, but its all poo poo after he's done directing. You'd think Leigh Whanell would at least have picked up a thing or two working with Wan for so long, but nope. Didnt learn poo poo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dorium posted:

Continues consuming

Side Note:

goddamn the back half of the Insidious series sucks rear end. James Wan is legit a great director that can pull together the barest bones of an idea into a compelling film, but its all poo poo after he's done directing. You'd think Leigh Whanell would at least have picked up a thing or two working with Wan for so long, but nope. Didnt learn poo poo.

Leigh's Invisible Man and Upgrade are great. Shame about Insidious 3 but yeah I don't think that franchise should have been more than one film long, and nothing past 2 being worth it has made me feel more sure of that

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Chris James 2 posted:

Leigh's Invisible Man and Upgrade are great. Shame about Insidious 3 but yeah I don't think that franchise should have been more than one film long, and nothing past 2 being worth it has made me feel more sure of that

Oh that's right he did Invisible Man and Upgrade. Those are great films. Looks like Insidious 3 was his first directing gig. So I'll toss it off as that, just getting the legs down for directing, but woof. Thank god he's past that hurdle.

Didnt know an Upgrade tv show is in the works. That's cool and another attempt at remaking Escape From New York.

quote:

Condemned criminal Snake Plissken is dispatched to the island of Manhattan -- now a quarantined danger zone -- to rescue a female U.S. Senator in danger.

dunno why its a woman senator and not just a woman president :lol: weird choice, but ok. I doubt it'll get made though, they've been trying with that one for awhile.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lurdiak posted:

The second game of Scream Stream Horror Trivial Pursuit will be starting in one hour! Clear your schedules and meet us here to hoot, holler, and engage in audience participation!

At the insistence of the other players, the reigning champion Choco was allowed to play again and defended his title in a hard fought trivia battle. He is now swollen with the power of 3 votes total.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thinking about it now and I wish Leigh had been the one to handle Mortal Kombat instead of whoever was responsible for this new one. Upgrade has better gore and action, and Invisible Man had better effects than MK did.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

dorium posted:

That's cool and another attempt at remaking Escape From New York.

dunno why its a woman senator and not just a woman president :lol: weird choice, but ok. I doubt it'll get made though, they've been trying with that one for awhile.

If it was the president, then they could justify sending in the military. For a senator, not so much.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

M_Sinistrari posted:

If it was the president, then they could justify sending in the military. For a senator, not so much.

You're the last person in this thread who I would normally ask if they'd seen the movie, but what? Hauk does mobilise troops after the plane crash, but Romero says that the President would be killed if they didn't withdraw. That's when Hauk comes up with the plan for Snake. It doesn't matter whether it's the President or a senator.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

dorium posted:

Because "you have to rescue the president" is not a powerful motivator anymore.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Gripweed posted:

True. Might as well change it to “Snake, we need you to go into Manhattan and save the TikTok Influencer”.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

They've been trying to remake Escape from New York a few times now I doubt its ever going to actually happen. It also doesn't need to be remade.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
They already did, it's called lockout and stars guy pearce

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Just make Escape from Cleveland already

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gripweed posted:

It wasn’t enough for Snake. He didn’t give a poo poo but they forced him.

Which is pretty good.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

They already did, it's called lockout and stars guy pearce

I was literally just thinking that. Its a good B Movie.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

In the far future, all posers have been deported to the "poser zone" and when the posers capture Rob Zombie there's only one man they can send in to rescue him from hordes of Mike Flanagan fans and A24orror nerds...Kvlt!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

In the far future, all posers have been deported to the "poser zone" and when the posers capture Rob Zombie there's only one man they can send in to rescue him from hordes of Mike Flanagan fans and A24orror nerds...Kvlt!

"You want me to go near people?" As he rips a bong, "nah I'm good." Pops in evil bong 6

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Did you know that Rob Zombie is married to Sherri Moon Zombie?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I was literally just thinking that. Its a good B Movie.

The only thing I remember about it is that John Carpenter successfully sued for plagiarism

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

"You want me to go near people?" As he rips a bong, "nah I'm good." Pops in evil bong 6

I did get the blu ray set that Fran posted. It's what Rob would have wanted.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

I did get the blu ray set that Fran posted. It's what Rob would have wanted.

I never get the credit for the good things I do

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MacheteZombie posted:

I never get the credit for the good things I do

That's what happens when you're cursed with a blue star.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

That's what happens when you're cursed with a blue star.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Who shot 3-CPO?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Jedit posted:

You're the last person in this thread who I would normally ask if they'd seen the movie, but what? Hauk does mobilise troops after the plane crash, but Romero says that the President would be killed if they didn't withdraw. That's when Hauk comes up with the plan for Snake. It doesn't matter whether it's the President or a senator.

Hopefully I've had enough caffeine to make sense. What Hauk sent in was his officers. Granted with what we see, an argument can be made that there's little difference between the police and the military. Sending in the military regardless of what Romero says would present the image to the world that the US is so stupid that they can't even vett who's on Air Force One and it goes down over that weird prison island. In that case, that nuclear fusion formula on the tape's probably bullshit too.

Going from what little we know of the remake/reboot, if it was the President going down I can see a knee jerk response of send soldiers in guns blazing. A senator's not going to pull that sort of response.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I think the dynamics of changing the rescue-ee to a woman aren't super great anyway, whether she's the president or a senator or an influencer. If we're going to try flipping things around, why not make Snake a woman instead? It kind of seems like the only way you'd be able get a fresh take on the character without the specter of Kurt Russell hanging over the whole movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just needs to be someone short

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MacheteZombie posted:

Just needs to be someone short

Nah, tall

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Is anyone in here rich? Just give Carpenter $15 million to make Escape from Planet Earth with Russell instead, tia

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

The only thing I remember about it is that John Carpenter successfully sued for plagiarism

Good for him.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Who shot 3-CPO?

Gilbert Taylor, I think.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

King of Bleh posted:

I think the dynamics of changing the rescue-ee to a woman aren't super great anyway, whether she's the president or a senator or an influencer. If we're going to try flipping things around, why not make Snake a woman instead? It kind of seems like the only way you'd be able get a fresh take on the character without the specter of Kurt Russell hanging over the whole movie.

You could conceivably make an original action movie as well.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Drunkboxer posted:

:lol:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Drunkboxer posted:

Get a load of this guy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Drunkboxer posted:

Original action moved to tv. Cinemax had the 🐐 level action tv for nearly a decade with Strike Back, Banshee, Quarry, Warrior, and Jett. Shame they completely disregarded it.