Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Alacron posted:

Who else is ready for the Boat Arc?

I’m so ready for this. I salivate in anticipation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Very Interested to see Loid on the back foot without intel for this one, I thought he was gonna have a spy job while he was there but he’s gonna be the wildcard

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

narm00 posted:

Mission 44 is out... and it turns out that this time Yor's on bodyguard duty.
I feel like this is softballing Yor killing other people but anything to get an arc where she can shine her skills

Alacron posted:

Who else is ready for the Boat Arc?
I really don't think you all understand what you're signing up for

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I had to double check to see if Yor's client was the one in the line for the cruise ship raffle

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Anya next chapter

Angel and Devil Anya are adorable :allears:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

I had the same thought.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013

Leraika posted:

Yor's boss has a splendidly creepy design.

He looks like a character from Golden Kamuy.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Down to see Yor kill some people, though I forget if we've ever seen someone get murked on-panel. I know we see Yor cleaning up after a routine assignment, at least.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Supersonic Shine posted:

Down to see Yor kill some people, though I forget if we've ever seen someone get murked on-panel. I know we see Yor cleaning up after a routine assignment, at least.

We've seen her fantasies of killing, but we've not seen her actually do it in RL - we get the events around it, but not the killing itself.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think she is going to kill anyone around anya. anya hearing someone's thoughts as they die would be far, far too dark for this story.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think she is going to kill anyone around anya. anya hearing someone's thoughts as they die would be far, far too dark for this story.
Good point. Endo could do a gag where someone only sounds like they're getting killed, though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Brought To You By posted:

I feel like this is softballing Yor killing other people but anything to get an arc where she can shine her skills

i was immediately thinking hunter x hunter x spy x family crossover

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
She could kill before they get a chance to think.

I do wonder if Yor will stop being an assassin. I hope not.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Her job is half the premise for this, and I'd hate for her to drop it for what is still a lie. Half a lie. Kiss your wife Lloyd, you know you want to.
Once the main plotline (and manga) is over, and all secrets are out and resolved, Yor and Lloyd can both retire from their black ops job and try a somewhat normal life as retired super spy and super assassin with their psychic daughter and future sight dog, but until then no thanks.

Also no way Twilight doesn't have a direct body count of his own, even if it should be lower than Thorn Princess's.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Good point. Endo could do a gag where someone only sounds like they're getting killed, though.

At the worst, she is going to hammer throw someone off the ship and they're going to skip across the water like a stone for 20 leagues.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Omobono posted:

Also no way Twilight doesn't have a direct body count of his own, even if it should be lower than Thorn Princess's.

He's been involved in at least one shoot-out, and it's at least strongly implied in the first Extra chapter, with him walking away from an explosion site with a hella lot of dead goons behind him.

Edit:

Anya did see someone die back in Mission 1, it's just Endo's never gone there with it, having her read their minds as they die.

narm00 fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 19, 2021

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Given that she's visited Loid at work in a hospital, there's lots of dark possibilities for mind-reading, that the manga is likely not going to go into.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i guess i was mistaken in thinking the lady behind anya was also yor's target

then again that would be hilarious since she wouldn't be on the boat

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

There's no way this ends with her deciding to retire. She'll just realize she actually loves murder and renew her resolve

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

One of them will threaten Anya and that’ll become her new motivation for assassination.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
Plot dartboard: Nightfall gets the hit/kidnapping job on lady mob-boss that would have gone to Twilight if he weren't vacationing, leads to confrontation with Yor Thorn Princess.

Comedy option: as above, but with Daybreak.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Lock Knight posted:

Plot dartboard: Nightfall gets the hit/kidnapping job on lady mob-boss that would have gone to Twilight if he weren't vacationing, leads to confrontation with Yor Thorn Princess.

Oh man, we need Daybreak and Nightfall on this cruise as well for maximum carnage.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Darth TNT posted:

Oh man, we need Daybreak and Nightfall on this cruise as well for maximum carnage.

I doubt the ship would survive all four of them on board at the same time.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Lock Knight posted:

this but he teams up with bond

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like how the recent chapter acknowledged the fact that Yor's motivation doesn't really make sense any more now than her brother is an adult with a good (at least financially) job.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Everyone else is on break for Golden Week, but not SPY X FAMILY

Mangaplus:
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009290

Viz:
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/spy-x-family-chapter-45/chapter/22409?action=read

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nobody expects a bug beneath a chair

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Nobody expects a bug beneath a chair

Honestly impressed whenever you have a guy who listens to dozens of bugs but can still focus in on the one sound he needs to find his target

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's always different than what i expect might happen, and it's always better

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Oh so it turns out Yor is actually really bad at this whole bodyguard thing. Well, everything outside the “murder every enemy” part of the gig anyway.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Yor, tell your husband you love him.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
If you don't follow the creator on Twitter you should just for the pictures when there's a new chapter.
https://twitter.com/_tatsuyaendo_/status/1388872626278264833

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
So the hinting is pretty heavy that Olka's baby can read minds just like Anya, right?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, no? babies cry.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

a kitten posted:

It's always different than what i expect might happen, and it's always better

Yeah, this. A slow start, perhaps, but I'm really liking the focus they are giving to Olka and her son who might, or might not be an esper. Also of course Yor is bad at the bodyguarding, her whole thing is being a murder savant.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Yeah, I just figured it was because Yor is bad with babies that Game started crying. We know from Anya that the thoughts she picks up are interpreted through her own lens, and she misses a good bit as a 5 or 6 year old so there's no reason an infant would understand anything even if they could hear it.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

So now Yor is dressed up while looking exactly like the old photograph of Shaty, and she's also holding her baby boy. I wonder if that was intentional. It's a good thing that Yor is Yor, or I'd be more worried.

Also that Mom outfit is absolutely adorable and I need Loid to see her in it.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 3, 2021

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

So now Yor is dressed up while looking exactly like the old photograph of Shaty, and she's also holding her baby boy. I wonder if that was intentional. It's a good thing that Yor is Yor, or I'd be more worried.

Also that Mom outfit is absolutely adorable and I need Loid to see her in it.

Whatever it takes for Loid to kiss his wife.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kibibit posted:

Whatever it takes for Loid to kiss his wife.

They should bang each other. One full chapter of them having loving consensual sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Loid would not survive a kiss from Yor, he's gotta toughen up first.

We need a training arc.