Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The spurs were still sort of contenders when they were penalized for resting players during primetime games.

The thunder were a rapidly deconstructed team with maybe 1 primetime game all season.

I think that's the real distincition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The better comparison I think is when the nba fined Cuban $600k just for mentioning that yeah losing was currently better http://es.pn/2oD7sn2

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1388982360343867393?s=20

Case closed.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It makes me smile a bit that Kevin Durant is still a very good player after his achilles tear. He's not post achilles Kobe or Brandon Jennings. It's nice to see and maybe means that it will be less of a career destroying injury going forward.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Yeah it's really awesome to see guys come back from injury and they are actually BACK back

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The thunder were way more competitive than anyone expected when SGA was healthy and playing like an all NBA guy, once he got hurt they were pretty much hosed no matter what they did.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

:smugdog:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

MourningView posted:

The thunder were way more competitive than anyone expected when SGA was healthy and playing like an all NBA guy, once he got hurt they were pretty much hosed no matter what they did.

Is he actually hurt hurt? I heard it might not be so serious. Or have the podcasts lied to me??

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Fates Accomplish

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Durant is absolutely three steps slower, it just doesn’t matter for his game.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Red Rox posted:

Is he actually hurt hurt? I heard it might not be so serious. Or have the podcasts lied to me??

He has plantar fasciitis which is kind of just a rest for a month, see how you feel, and then rest for another month + because it still isn’t right. Smart to shut him down / smart injury to say he has so you can shut him down.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Yeah it shows up a lot more on defense (though he's probably still like the third best defender on the team lol) but on offense he's still seven feet tall and one of the best shot makers who has ever lived so I guess as long as he can walk he's gonna get buckets

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

Yep, his burst and first step are slower but he just adapted his game and now he's on the "Dirk Track" which is way better for his game in his 30s anyway.

I think a lot of players would have taken a huge step back but Durant is still a NBA Live 95 build-a-player-type that can take it in stride.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Joel Embiid is not human.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1389024695463202816?s=19

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

^^^ Awesome

btw how was that Marvel crossover thing was it super weird?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1389037078059655170?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

JFC. It doesn't stop.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1389039058354118658?s=19

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Just looked like an awkward step hyper extension to me. Being very optimistic of course.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Porzingis is a great example of why games played is one of the most important stats.

edit: lol
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1389045625652580352

At times like this I wish KP's knees weren't made out of a cheap knock off of glass.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What kind of garbage team loses by over ten to a garbage Kings team missing their the best players bad let’s Marvin Bagley go off for 23

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

gently caress i turned it off when they got down like 7 with 20 seconds left. Please be ok.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

WhyteRyce posted:

What kind of garbage team loses by over ten to a garbage Kings team missing their the best players bad let’s Marvin Bagley go off for 23

Bagley > Luka. I'm sorry, but that's a math thing, and you can't argue with math.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

thank you benjamin simmons

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nikosoft posted:

Bagley > Luka. I'm sorry, but that's a math thing, and you can't argue with math.

Bagley can double jump which is twice as many jumps as the average player and infinitely more than Luka

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone look at Lukas record against the Kings and tell be Vlade was wrong

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

WhyteRyce posted:

Someone look at Lukas record against the Kings and tell be Vlade was wrong

is this basketball Qanon

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tae posted:

is this basketball Qanon

i believe in Q

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Are the Knicks good

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

JackBandit posted:

Are the Knicks good

the 20201 knicks with derrick rose are literally the 2013 bulls without derrick rose

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have put a lot of thought into this. randle is Reverse Joakim Noah, barrett is young jimmy, quickley is naterob, derrick rose is rip hamilton.

taj gibson is taj gibson

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

what the gently caress

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status/1389043682079383557?s=19

Jesus...

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
God I so hope Clippers/Lakers ends up being in round 1.

I even more hope Fournier recovers fully.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

i have put a lot of thought into this. randle is Reverse Joakim Noah, barrett is young jimmy, quickley is naterob, derrick rose is rip hamilton.

taj gibson is taj gibson

And what about Kirk the Sleeve Hinrich?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

JackBandit posted:

Are the Knicks good

I’ve been fighting the urge to get my hopes up all season but man, they look good. I don’t think there’s any way they keep pace with the top few teams in the league but they definitely have a shot at winning a playoff series. I love any team with a strong defense.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tae posted:

is this basketball Qanon

All of Vlades first round picks hang out in the basement of a pizza restaurant waiting for JFK Jr. to return and get hired as head coach of the Kings

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

God I so hope Clippers/Lakers ends up being in round 1.

I think the basketball gods are trying their best to make it happen!

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

R.D. Mangles posted:

taj gibson is taj gibson

NBA N/V May: taj gibson is taj gibson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

I had covid dead early on in 2020 and it was like 2 months of just feeling like poo poo and having no stamina at all. Novel viruses can really gently caress you up, even if you're a healthy person