Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
Oooo god.... They have an explanation as to why TwoKaiser looks like a Gokaiger and its brilliant.
They met the Gokaigers and just really liked the suit design[. Its a good suit design so I understand.
EDIT:
Also Flint needs to become another ranger. She's already a fun character along with Vox.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MadScientistWorking posted:

Oooo god.... They have an explanation as to why TwoKaiser looks like a Gokaiger and its brilliant.
They met the Gokaigers and just really liked the suit design[. Its a good suit design so I understand.
EDIT:
Also Flint needs to become another ranger. She's already a fun character along with Vox.

ThreeKaiser and basically the same as her older brother but Purple

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
If we do get any additional members they pretty much have to be Ninja and/or Train themed as those are the two major recurring themes in Super Sentai that aren't currently represented in the team*

*indeed just realized Twokaiser is the opposite of the rest of the team in that regard, the others represent recurring themes, while he's based on one that is unique in the franchise(also just realized what the connecting factor was between him having Ohranger and Shikenger secondary themes, both series have a geometric shapes thing going on, which I guess means if he gets an upgrade down the line it might be Zyuohger themed)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Zenkaiger is so much fun.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Pinwiz11 posted:

Zenkaiger is so much fun.

:hmmyes:

Also: I've been passing the episodes on to my co-worker and he's been showing them to his 7 year old son who is loving flipping his lid over them. I've ordered some Zenkaiger goods from Amazon Japan to give him as a gift as well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I watched 7 dang episodes of Faiz today, I'm right at the endgame and poo poo's gettin' real good.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

If we do get any additional members they pretty much have to be Ninja and/or Train themed as those are the two major recurring themes in Super Sentai that aren't currently represented in the team*

*indeed just realized Twokaiser is the opposite of the rest of the team in that regard, the others represent recurring themes, while he's based on one that is unique in the franchise(also just realized what the connecting factor was between him having Ohranger and Shikenger secondary themes, both series have a geometric shapes thing going on, which I guess means if he gets an upgrade down the line it might be Zyuohger themed)

Stacey has the makings of being another member

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Stacey has the makings of being another member

Well I meant besides him, it's all but a given that he's either going to join the team eventually or he'll die and his power becomes an upgrade for Zenkaiser

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Zenkaizer NO

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Coq au Nandos posted:

Zenkaizer NO

There's no way good guy Juran would go along with that.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Counterpoint: Juran knows the importance of experiencing ego death and becoming one with the universe occasionally.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Faiz sure was a show that just kinda abruptly ended.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

It kind of is odd how it ends so abruptly, but I wasn't super happy with what was happening for the last 20 odd episodes that I was kind of just glad it was over.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
Ok. I have to ask this question about this weeks Zenkaiger episode. Is there something I was missing with the mochi thing or is it as Juran said just some weirdly specific chaos?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ok. I have to ask this question about this weeks Zenkaiger episode. Is there something I was missing with the mochi thing or is it as Juran said just some weirdly specific chaos?

It's mostly specific chaos, but is also meant to coincide with the holiday on May 5th, Children's Day
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashiwa_mochi

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Paradise Lost works better as an ending for Faiz than the actual ending

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

drrockso20 posted:

I also distinctively remember enjoying Paradise Lost a lot more than Faiz itself, though that was years ago.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

I feel the same way about the Hibiki movie honestly

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I guess the end justifaiz the means

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

The show so far is really good and I am enjoying it and everything, but truthfully "weirdly specific chaos" can apply to any of these episodes so far.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

The show so far is really good and I am enjoying it and everything, but truthfully "weirdly specific chaos" can apply to any of these episodes so far.

Weirdly Specific Chaos is the general tenor for most sentai fwiw.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
is Genta good as the Saber villain or is he bad

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Yeah its just a quote from that episode. I just loved it because yeah it kind of applies to all of sentai.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Bullton fight in Ultraman Z was really fun. Nice combo of Gamma Future shenanigans and Beta Smash being a goofy wrestler man, not to mention Bullton being its weird utensil waving self.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

oh poo poo something just occurred to me. Ultraman in Shin Ultraman is based off the original concept for Ultraman, with all the revealing details of a guy in a suit and the toyetic color timer removed, right?

In the original plan for Ultraman, wasn't his mouth supposed to move when he talked?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gripweed posted:

oh poo poo something just occurred to me. Ultraman in Shin Ultraman is based off the original concept for Ultraman, with all the revealing details of a guy in a suit and the toyetic color timer removed, right?

In the original plan for Ultraman, wasn't his mouth supposed to move when he talked?

Yes it was. Also Shin Ultraman is based on a 3D body scan of Bin Furuya.

Replica of the original Ultraman sculpture by Tohl Narita

Shin Ultraman statue from the TsubuCon reveal

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They've come back to the opening mouth thing a few times, though very infrequently. One weird case was Ultra Father at the start of mebius -and NO WHERE else after that.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Man Zox's stupid dances are stupid. I love them. Also loving how he kept playing dirty like shooting Zenkaiger in the back.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I went back and watched the Gokaiger crossover episodes of Zyuohger since I wasn't really paying attention to toku stuff at the time and so missed that they'd happened and they were fun. I love those rascals, it was nice to see them again in something "new"

Gai on his knees begging the ToQger kids for their Ranger Keys was hilarious, and then just showing up after like "wait, why are you guys even fighting" lol

Darth TNT posted:

Man Zox's stupid dances are stupid. I love them. Also loving how he kept playing dirty like shooting Zenkaiger in the back.

I finally watched the episode today and I just about lost it when they were like "which part of 'pirates' didn't you understand" while clearing out the store :allears:

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 09:14 on May 6, 2021

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I had been thinking of Akibaranger recently, so I rewatched the "big reveal" episode from S1... that was sooooooooooo brilliant. :allears:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pinwiz11 posted:

I had been thinking of Akibaranger recently, so I rewatched the "big reveal" episode from S1... that was sooooooooooo brilliant. :allears:

Has any of the Akibaranger cast done anything significant since S2 wrapped? It might be fun if they came back for a movie or special or something but I’m not sure how feasible that would be at this point.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

Has any of the Akibaranger cast done anything significant since S2 wrapped? It might be fun if they came back for a movie or special or something but I’m not sure how feasible that would be at this point.

I know Red's done a bunch of roles after checking but they're mostly dramas iirc. I haven't checked the others.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!

I love it when PR and Sentai acknowledge each other.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

By the way, I've been watching Gekiranger and I'm up to episode 14. Jan is my perfect boy and gently caress an Elehung.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

By the way, I've been watching Gekiranger and I'm up to episode 14. Jan is my perfect boy and gently caress an Elehung.
I guess someone has to like Jan.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Jan is good.

Like top 10 reds easily. maybe top 5.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I did watch Gekiranger as a poo poo-tier scrub like nine years ago so maybe there's a translation out there that makes him not a whiny baby.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I'm watching a complete resub that came out last year.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, I'm watching a complete resub that came out last year.

Oh, did we finally get some decent Gekiranger subs? What’s the name of the group that did it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Niki Niki Geki. The torrents aren't very active, but each episode has a Mega upload on their website.

https://nikinikigeki.blogspot.com/2020/06/master-download-list.html?m=1

The torrents might be more active now, it's been a while since I checked.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 8, 2021