Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Including my online boyfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
CONSTANT lovely SNIPING

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "friend of the family balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Posting in only one or two threads for years on end and being completely oblivious to the ways forums culture or indeed cultural norms in general have changed and left you behind.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Putting someone on ignore because you find their gimmick super annoying, but now their posts only stand out more, and you always end up clicking reveal anyway to see if they made another stupid gimmick post.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had people stalking me on dating apps trying to hookup with me because of a let's play I wrote 11 years ago.

I wish this was a joke and that I could have said "a person" instead of "people".

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
Confusing the goon who wanted to gently caress his stepmother with the goon who only posted pictures of his mother and other goons wanted to gently caress her.

Confusing the goon who got hosed by a dog with the goon who hosed a dog.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"...because if you were vaguely aware of this guy who posted here around 2007-2009 and combine it with a meme from 2011 about the coder who was here in 2001 then it's loving hilarious but I'm getting ahead of myself. I need to talk to you about the art of thread titles."

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
That we were archiving our lovely posts long before social media became a thing.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Trying to explain multi-level multi-year in-jokes to my significant other when she hears me cackling like a lunatic.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
Short dick wide balls

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
The anime lizard girl shitposter keeps showing up the threads I like.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Spinz posted:

And fat

correction: pick claimed to be tall

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Shadow0 posted:

Putting someone on ignore because you find their gimmick super annoying, but now their posts only stand out more, and you always end up clicking reveal anyway to see if they made another stupid gimmick post.

not being able to take anyone off ignore because you ignored multiple mods before they were mods and youre not willing to take the mods off ignore (or you can't? idk)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

mind the walrus posted:

"...because if you were vaguely aware of this guy who posted here around 2007-2009 and combine it with a meme from 2011 about the coder who was here in 2001 then it's loving hilarious but I'm getting ahead of myself. I need to talk to you about the art of thread titles."

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

Knowing that when you started posting here the Rad Suburban Dad Megathread would have been ironic

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Trying to explain multi-level multi-year in-jokes to my significant other when she hears me cackling like a lunatic.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Captain Jesus posted:

Confusing the goon who got hosed by a dog with the goon who hosed a dog.

Tell us more.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

BigBadSteve posted:

Tell us more.

Ornery Bean apparently got mounted by her dog while she was fishing something from under the couch naked.

Morally Inept implied that he hosed a dog. There is more on SAclopedia, but that's pretty much all there is.

It's very simple but I have personally witnessed a goon confusing the two.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

My monitor is constantly turned off.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!
getting very angry about someone else liking a movie/game/programming language you don’t care for

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm a Young Poster (only 30)

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
Unrequited printer repair

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Unwanted dog sex awareness

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Gamecube mutilation

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
its really amazing how the actions of goons and mods are so freaking far beyond the pale that its actually impossible for a bystander to believe.

proposal: i am going to make an environmentally sustainable yoga retreat in hawaii

reality: a y2k survivalist paid goons a "food stipend" to help me clearcut a rainforest, dig a road by hand, torture and mutilate animals to death on camera, and bathe in/drink from an improperly filtered kiddy pool that wild hogs poo poo and pissed in

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

proposal: a thread about animal husbandry in the pet forum

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction"

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "have u tried lsd"

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Colonel Cancer posted:

I don't even have a tv

Good, it's called a 'boob tube' for a reason, 'boob' in this instance meaning stupid person. Now that I've removed that obstacle let's see what's happening on youtube...

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Valko posted:

Good, it's called a 'boob tube' for a reason, 'boob' in this instance meaning stupid person. Now that I've removed that obstacle let's see what's happening on youtube...

Goons that have somehow never been exposed to memes that have been around since the forums started

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Finding a thread that's interesting and has been ongoing for a decade and feeling obligated to read the entire thread before posting a simple question about the topic of the thread.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
waffleimages being dead and this leading to death of context in innumerable goldmine threads

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Elentor posted:

I had people stalking me on dating apps trying to hookup with me because of a let's play I wrote 11 years ago.

I wish this was a joke and that I could have said "a person" instead of "people".

:stare: uhh this I feel deserves it's own thread

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I've tried but my wife will never understand why any time I see coleslaw I remind her that COLD SLAW IS SUPPOSED TO BE COLD! Or I say PILED HIGH any time that french fries are mentioned :sigh:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Whistling Penis Syndrome

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

worrying about combinatory value

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
forever hunted by my bad posting of accounts past; like a goon sword of Damocles

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lowtax

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Forums slow

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

forever hunted by my bad posting of accounts past; like a goon sword of Damocles

lol at having multiple accounts instead of carefully crafting a reputation of being a useless stupid dipshit with nothing of value to say over the period of 16 years.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

You did get owned really hard in that Meatloaf thread you made, but it was super hilarious and I hope gave you a good chuckle!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I just can't stop talking about getting REAL BEEFY. It's destroying my marriage and my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Elentor posted:

Yeah this needs a thread please