Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Cross-Section posted:

Somehow found myself buying the digital collection upgrade despite owning a bunch of those episodes already

I soooo want to get that but it would not be a good idea right now... Maybe I'll just get the snowglobe and see if I can purchase it once things stabilize more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I really hope they get Infra-Man, that's a wild ride of a movie. I also like how Joel keeps overselling this one movie as somehow even more soul-crushing than Manos. He's going to split it among three writing teams to limit their exposure to it, lol.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

fsif posted:

He's really hyping this Manos movie.

It must be a hell of a movie!

Cross-Section posted:

Somehow found myself buying the digital collection upgrade despite owning a bunch of those episodes already

This reminds me of one of my favourite host segments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CISRRn3wolk

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 1, 2021

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
most or all of the celebrity cameos for Netflix were recorded asynchronously. or sure as hell seemed like they were

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Thanks for asking the Infra-Man question, Gavok! It's one I've been hoping would get riffed. My dad even has a poster of it up on his wall; it's just a fantastic movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They were supposed to announce movies on the livestream today, did that happen yet?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It must be a hell of a movie!

This reminds me of one of my favourite host segments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CISRRn3wolk
I love the end when Crow's flames get bigger and he screams. I wonder if that was planned or if it was just the ping pong ball eyes went up suddenly.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It was 100% unplanned as I recall. I think it’s on that outtakes vhs they had.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Johnny Walker posted:

I love the end when Crow's flames get bigger and he screams. I wonder if that was planned or if it was just the ping pong ball eyes went up suddenly.

That clip is on the Poopie Tape (with a few seconds after that of Crow saying something like, "Well, I'll be in my trailer," and "walking" away), so I think it was an accident that they just kept.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

muscles like this! posted:

They were supposed to announce movies on the livestream today, did that happen yet?

No. Jonah had to sub for Joel, so he wasn't on hand to share the info. We expect he was either sleeping, or his power was out.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

EricFate posted:

No. Jonah had to sub for Joel, so he wasn't on hand to share the info. We expect he was either sleeping, or his power was out.

Yeah, that happened briefly during Quest of the Delta Knights.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Diabolik900 posted:

Not really. It was on the last day but they hit 5.5 million before their finale telethon began and had to throw together another last minute stretch goal for a fourteenth episode. They didn’t hit that goal until right before it ended.

I mean, hitting it on the last day is pretty last minute to me.

I'd love the Rifftrax crew to come on for an episode or two as that cast, but I totally get why they may not be down for it. If Mike's not going to come in as a host, I think having him cameo as Torgo has a lot of comedy potential, especially if there's literally anyone else in the room wherever they're shooting these remote segments in for him to play off of.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Gamera live cast ruled

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

$3.9mil will be reached today

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The last Kickstarter raised $1.5 million in the final three days. Going to have to hope that's replicable.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
A mega surge happens in the last 48h of almost every single Kickstarter campaign ever. It's a combo of Kickstarter's automated 48h reminder emails (in one of my campaigns these got us like 10% of our total backers) and all the hubub on social media about the campaign ending. The final day is almost always the second most profitable day, barring some massive celebrity tweeting in the middle or something. For this one to end without that would be odd. Also Joel has friends with $$$ who I'm sure will throw in then too. It'll get there.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh I'm not doubting there will be a surge. I'm just hoping it will be a big enough one and not "only" $1 million. I'm still optimistic we'll reach $5.5 million but it looks like it'll be close.

In any case, I'll be upping my pledge in the final day or two.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm waiting to see what he meant by filling in the classic library. I've been buying episodes from Rifftrax on sale for a few months now, but it would be great if this Kickstarter offered a large chunk of the catalog. I'm at $100 so I can get this season at least, and can go higher if the price is right.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

IUG posted:

I'm waiting to see what he meant by filling in the classic library. I've been buying episodes from Rifftrax on sale for a few months now, but it would be great if this Kickstarter offered a large chunk of the catalog. I'm at $100 so I can get this season at least, and can go higher if the price is right.

There was an add-on reward added the other day that gets you downloads of 130 episodes. The list of included episodes is here: https://ks.mst3k.com/ultimate

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Diabolik900 posted:

There was an add-on reward added the other day that gets you downloads of 130 episodes. The list of included episodes is here: https://ks.mst3k.com/ultimate

Ah, I missed that, and I don't think you can browse Kickstarter's add-ons without editing your pledge.

...which I just did. I dropped from $100 to $15, but added the $65 to download season 13, and added $400 to get the 130 episodes. It's like $3 an episode this way. :retrogames:

EDIT: Does that make the KS goal $85 less, or $380 more? (Started at just $100, but finished at $480.)

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The process of adding add-ons is clunky enough that they had to post an update at one point that was just instructions for how to do it.

The good thing about them using Kickstarter’s system for it though is that unlike when they sold add-ons on a different website last time, the add-ons are shown in the total the same as regular pledges. So your change would’ve added $380 to the total.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

fsif posted:

In any case, I'll be upping my pledge in the final day or two.

Same. I'm hoping there are a bunch of us out there with the same plan, to go up a pledge level and/or snag an add-on during the final-night telethon.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

NowonSA posted:

I'd love the Rifftrax crew to come on for an episode or two as that cast, but I totally get why they may not be down for it. If Mike's not going to come in as a host, I think having him cameo as Torgo has a lot of comedy potential, especially if there's literally anyone else in the room wherever they're shooting these remote segments in for him to play off of.

Bill is going to be part of the Tuesday livestream, at least.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

And given that Mary Jo and Josh’s livestream appearances both included the announcement that they’re writing and appearing on the new season, it seems like a pretty safe bet that Bill will be involved too.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

the $85 digital tier + $140 for all the old episodes that weren't included in the first kickstarter bundle seems like the best deal on there

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

IUG posted:

Ah, I missed that, and I don't think you can browse Kickstarter's add-ons without editing your pledge.

...which I just did. I dropped from $100 to $15, but added the $65 to download season 13, and added $400 to get the 130 episodes. It's like $3 an episode this way. :retrogames:

EDIT: Does that make the KS goal $85 less, or $380 more? (Started at just $100, but finished at $480.)

What's the quality like?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Breadallelogram posted:

the $85 digital tier + $140 for all the old episodes that weren't included in the first kickstarter bundle seems like the best deal on there

Is there anything in there that wasn’t on dvd? I have all the sets from my physical media days and don’t want to duplicate anything.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

What's the quality like?

No clue, won't get it until this Kickstarter ends.

I got some package last time that had about 30 episodes, and those were DVD quality. I imagine the same for this one.

Edit: Also edited my donation again, got to get those sweet sweet $7 glasses.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Joel just dropped some overstock from the first Kickstarter campaign as add-ons. I'm a sucker for useless crap so I had to add the Reptilicus VHS.

I also picked up a second pair of 3D glasses for :7bux:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Diabolik900 posted:

:stare: Def getting this when I back this in a couple days. Wanted to wait till a payday to see how things were going/if it needed the bump, but this is worth every cent for me

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Is there anything in there that wasn’t on dvd? I have all the sets from my physical media days and don’t want to duplicate anything.

here is the full list of episodes in the kickstarter add-on: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x33g1Iots-S938kVpBfwl7ZDn9fFQFqp/view

and here's a list that shows each episode's availability on dvd/digital: https://mst3k.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_released_episodes

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh wow, might hit $4 million by the end of the day.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Less than $20k from $4mil, def think it happens before Monday on the East Coast

edit: :laffo: I hit post and they got two thousand more dollars

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Diabolik900 posted:

I ended up adding on the upgrade, even though it wasn’t as good a deal since I had both the regular all episodes pack and the deluxe bonus pack from the previous Kickstarter. Worked out to about $5 per episode for the ones I didn’t have which wasn’t too bad.

Also picked up the digital version of season 12, even though I have the box set. I like having them on demand, plus if I want to do a viewing part in the GIZMOPLEX it will be cool to have all the episodes.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Chris James 2 posted:

Less than $20k from $4mil, def think it happens before Monday on the East Coast

edit: :laffo: I hit post and they got two thousand more dollars

I dunno if it's people putting in fake pledges that they'll cut back on in a day or so, but it is pretty crazy how much it's shooting up. Like, I expect it to pass $4 million in the next 15-20 minutes at this rate.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

$4 mil achieved

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Ballz posted:

I dunno if it's people putting in fake pledges that they'll cut back on in a day or so, but it is pretty crazy how much it's shooting up. Like, I expect it to pass $4 million in the next 15-20 minutes at this rate.

I highly doubt it's people putting in fake pledges; there's no real point in trying to troll a kickstarter pulling in millions of dollars with what will amount to a rounding error.

More realistically, it's the start of the month so people are getting paid, they just added some new addons for people who missed out on the first kickstarter, and we're in the final week so people are starting to get excited and coming off the fence about bumping up to a higher tier.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Might actually reach $4.1mil before Monday

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

Junkie Disease posted:

Gamera live cast ruled
Gotta repeat this. I missed it live but just watched it and I felt like I was getting a bonus episode with so many improv rifts. Everyone was hilarious in the pre-show too, the best livestream they've had.

And Elliott Kalan is right, a bunch of fart sounds isn't a great joke. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

Might actually reach $4.1mil before Monday

Just 4k short now. Pretty much guaranteed to hit the 9 episode mark. 12 seems unlikely unless there's a major boost.