Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

italian quid posted:

TRIGGER WARNING: MotoGP

Is it just me or do these sponsor names get weirder every year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

italian quid posted:

The TRIGGER WARNING: MotoGP race was quite good and the Ducati lads finished first and second 😌

uh-oh someone who definitely isn't mad at all might make a thread to own you again

Theophany posted:

Semi tempted to upgrade my 3900x now but I'm distracted by trying to fit a 7" screen into my case for monitoring software because apparently being a loving nerd is an incurable disease.

i've been using a 5820k for more than 5 years now so I guess im due an upgrade, I need a new case too

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

track day bro! posted:

uh-oh someone who definitely isn't mad at all might make a thread to own you again

That's why I'm trigger warning that word, I don't want them to have to see it if they don't want to.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Did anything happen to the Estoril track that caused them to be unable to run there because that probably would be the better option for F1 in portugal.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

italian quid posted:

Did anything happen to the Estoril track that caused them to be unable to run there because that probably would be the better option for F1 in portugal.

Probably doesn't meet the fia standards where you have to have 9000 miles of runoff instead of just having some grass. Portimao is either a pretty new track or it was refurbished to a higher standard

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

Probably doesn't meet the fia standards where you have to have 9000 miles of runoff instead of just having some grass. Portimao is either a pretty new track or it was refurbished to a higher standard

Bit weird cause on the TV it seemed like there was limited run off on Portimao for the cars, not that it really matters because the FIA standards really make no sense when you consider Baku got approved somehow and that one choke point is just going to cause a massive bad accident at some point lmao

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

italian quid posted:

$$$$$$$$$. It's always $$$$$$$$$.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
that race was so unbelievably poo poo

i fell asleep twice

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Pro move is to just watch the race highlights on YouTube a couple of hours later. See everything of interest in seven minutes (except Frogman apparently throwing a wobbler because his fastest lap was deleted).

Fake edit: and still get to go JESUS CHRIST SHUT THE gently caress UP CROFTY.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Payndz posted:

Pro move is to just watch the race highlights on YouTube a couple of hours later. See everything of interest in seven minutes (except Frogman apparently throwing a wobbler because his fastest lap was deleted).

Fake edit: and still get to go JESUS CHRIST SHUT THE gently caress UP CROFTY.

i didn't understand the crofty hate until today because i kept getting woken up by him shouting, thinking there was some action happening only for him to be screaming about literally nothing

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I wonder if he knows everyone hates his poo poo fake enthusiastic shouting commentary style or if he just lives in ignorant bliss thinking he's nailing it every race

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I wonder if he knows everyone hates his poo poo fake enthusiastic shouting commentary style or if he just lives in ignorant bliss thinking he's nailing it every race

I'd like to think he uses the exact same style of communication in his normal everyday interactions, like buying groceries

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Rhopunzel posted:

that race was so unbelievably poo poo

i fell asleep twice

I fell asleep before it started, woke up to see Lewis pass Bottas for the lead, and promptly fell back asleep. So I can neither confirm nor deny the quality of the race.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Just watched the highlights.

Bottas is done in the Merc at the end of this season right?

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Custard Undies posted:

I fell asleep before it started, woke up to see Lewis pass Bottas for the lead, and promptly fell back asleep. So I can neither confirm nor deny the quality of the race.

i watched the first 10 minutes, decided to rest my eyes while listening for any action, woke up an hour later and saw lewis in the lead and went back to sleep

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Race was so boring it forced me in to a nap this afternoon.

Seems like a trend.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I haven't fallen asleep during a race since Singapore 2011 or 2012. Thread Elders, indeed

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

TOMATO BREAD

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

As I said at the time, that was Ted going for one metaphor and then realising it would out him a sexcase and looking for another, more suitable metaphor and realising he didn't have one so he just ran with whatever was in his head

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Custard Undies posted:

Yes.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
It's pan con tomate ffs how hard is it to remember that

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Ya Lewis is way cooler than Lando who looks like a guy who is trying to sell u a printer warranty

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ostentatious posted:

Ya Lewis is way cooler than Lando who looks like a guy who is trying to sell u a printer warranty

I didn't know cursed ventriloquist dummies had day jobs

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Custard Undies posted:

Just thinking about Toto getting on the blower to say "Valteri you have the fastest car" and then Bottas just proceeded to get even slower.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Just thinking about Toto getting on the blower to say "Valteri you have the fastest car" and then Bottas just proceeded to get even slower.

Yeah when the Big Boss Man tells you to go faster and you ignore him, it's time to go. Kimi has got to go at the end of the season as well, and Seb's not looking great either

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

You Am I posted:

Seb's not looking great either

he's got a 3 year deal though. that's gonna cost them.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dictator. posted:

he's got a 3 year deal though. that's gonna cost them.

Only one side of that contract can afford the haircut

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Mazepin's got his first point of the season, congrats to him, great job. gently caress off already, should have carried over his 11 points on his license from F2 and copped a race ban.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

masterpine posted:

Mazepin's got his first point of the season, congrats to him, great job. gently caress off already, should have carried over his 11 points on his license from F2 and copped a race ban.

how the gently caress did he get a point? Missing the wall for an entire race?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

FAUXTON posted:

I'm guessing ignoring blue flags repeatedly.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

FAUXTON posted:

penalty point on his super licence for ruining checo's race and denying him a well deserved victory.

Perez WDC 2021

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

a pipe smoking dog posted:

penalty point on his super licence for ruining checo's race and denying him a well deserved victory.

Perez WDC 2021

Oh not a WDC point then lmao

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

track day bro! posted:

this thread loves wastemen like hulkenberg and riccardio who will never amount to anything. there are slso some hosed up weirdos who love british cheat poois shamilton for some reason

Danny Ric has 7 wins which is 7 more than 90% of the field will ever have, and only 4 less than Vershlappen who has spent 5 years in a top-tier team

Now if you had said noted fail drivers Sainz, Russel Lando and Leclerk then yes fair point

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Wait Vettel is younger than are Lewis? He looks at least a decade older.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Quizzlefish posted:

Ferrari is dangerous to your health

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Quizzlefish posted:

he isn't blessed

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

italian quid posted:

It was the track that exposed schumacher (again) for the fraud that he is so they won't go there anymore. see also: Adelaide

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Quizzlefish posted:

Black don't crack baby

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Dexo posted:

Black don't crack baby

Perhaps. But Vettel is younger than me and looks ooooold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Another episode of.. The Thread Thinks!