Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

ROFLBOT posted:

Danny Ric has 7 wins which is 7 more than 90% of the field will ever have, and only 4 less than Vershlappen who has spent 5 years in a top-tier team

Ric got those wins over 5 years at the same team as verstappen though :magemage:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Dictator. posted:

Ric got those wins over 5 years at the same team as verstappen though :magemage:

Verstappen confirmed fraud

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

Another episode of.. The Thread Thinks!

Balding Vettel: "peww look so old now gee real bad!!"
Lewis, his hair plugs in: "Wow so fresh and young still!!"

Vettel just needs to shave it off, the halfway look is always bad

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Actually Seb needs to bring back the mustache which ruled

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

ROFLBOT posted:

Danny Ric has 7 wins which is 7 more than 90% of the field will ever have, and only 4 less than Vershlappen who has spent 5 years in a top-tier team

Now if you had said noted fail drivers Sainz, Russel Lando and Leclerk then yes fair point

fanny prick has been in formula 1 already for ten years and he's only managed 7 wins, now he's getting clowned on by a british wasteman who probably says poggers irl

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
bad fail australian has been in the sport for ten whole years and has still achived less than the last lovely australian that graced the sport

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
F1 always has to have an overrated Australian driver. It's in the Concorde Agreement.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

that moment when latifi accidentally blocked mazepin, he announced on radio “he’s going to block me turn one” and mazepin does in fact block him turn one

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

track day bro! posted:

bad fail australian has been in the sport for ten whole years and has still achived less than the last lovely australian that graced the sport

Australia's "Bad Luck" Daniel Ricciardo

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Australia's "Bad Luck" Daniel Ricciardo

I mean I guess he managed to achieve the massive feat of 'Beating the burnt out husk of sebastian vettel' which Webber somehow couldn't manage

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Ferrari is dangerous to your health

I wonder if they forced Seb to smoke Marlboro reds as part of marketing duties or something

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

Another episode of.. The Thread Thinks!

Balding Vettel: "peww look so old now gee real bad!!"
Lewis, his hair plugs in: "Wow so fresh and young still!!"

I agree, it shouldn't matter that Lewis looks great and Vettel looks like the Uncle you hope doesn't show up to family gatherings- what matters is how they DRIVE, and Lewis drives like the GOAT while Vettel drives like an 80 year old whose license should have been forcibly removed by the state.

Also, hair plugs? I always suspected you were a AI fed on Times articles from the 50s and 60s but come on

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

fanny prick has been in formula 1 already for ten years and he's only managed 7 wins, now he's getting clowned on by a british wasteman who probably says poggers irl

I found out over this weekend that my girlfriend has a pog and tazo collection and I'm in severe turmoil about what to do with this new information.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

I found out over this weekend that my girlfriend has a pog and tazo collection and I'm in severe turmoil about what to do with this new information.

Sounds like you should smash that like button and subscribe, OP

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

Marry her? wtf op

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

Any good kinis? Single thickness only double thickness was for pissbabies who couldn't play

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Pogs like the game with slammers?

If you don’t want to hang out with her I’ll hang out with her.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I have no actual proof of this but I'm fairly certain that if Max was old enough for pogs he would have insisted on using his double thickness kini and when he flipped them over 360 so they landed the right way up he'd try and claim that counted.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

He's the kind of guy who would use a metal sawblade slammer in a friendly no-keeps game and ruin your pogs with it

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

He's the kind of guy that would say you were playing for keeps until you won and then insist he said no-keeps

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

NtotheTC posted:

Vettel drives like an 80 year old whose license should have been forcibly removed by the state.
Don't diss Kimi by comparing him to Seb.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
They were all single thickness pogs with an official World Pog Federation slammer. All kept same side up in a capped tube.

All the tazos were the limited edition Star Wars ones they did back in the early 2000s I think, I seem to remember they came in boxes of cereal or in packets of crisps? It was probably around the time George Lucas remastered the original trilogy for the seventh time to pay for whichever divorce he was going through at the time.

E: may have been before the 2000s, it was when they released the silver/gold 3-tape Star Wars VHS box set remasters. From memory the silver box set was the cinemascope version and gold was 4:3/16:9? It was that weird time when you bought letterbox VHS movies or standard 16:9 movies I think?

Theophany fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 3, 2021

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I think Tazos were a Walkers Crisps thing

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

I think Tazos were a Walkers Crisps thing

Now you say it, they had the old fashioned Walkers logo on the back. :downs:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
RIGHT OR WRONG, I CAN’T HELP BUT EXPRESS MYSELF LIKE A BRATTY CHILD. DON’T LISTEN TO ME.

NtotheTC posted:

Also, hair plugs? I always suspected you were a AI fed on Times articles from the 50s and 60s but come on
I don't know what you call Lewis' new-hair technology but I see not knowing as a personal win.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Theophany posted:

Congrats on your very cool gf op

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Theophany posted:

They were all single thickness pogs with an official World Pog Federation slammer. All kept same side up in a capped tube.

All the tazos were the limited edition Star Wars ones they did back in the early 2000s I think, I seem to remember they came in boxes of cereal or in packets of crisps? It was probably around the time George Lucas remastered the original trilogy for the seventh time to pay for whichever divorce he was going through at the time.

E: may have been before the 2000s, it was when they released the silver/gold 3-tape Star Wars VHS box set remasters. From memory the silver box set was the cinemascope version and gold was 4:3/16:9? It was that weird time when you bought letterbox VHS movies or standard 16:9 movies I think?

1995. I bought that boxed set from the forbidden planet in 1997.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

gently caress, that long ago?? I remember my dad buying it for me from Sainsburys in Kidderminster when I was a kid to "educate" me. He thought it was Dune.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

italian quid posted:

The TRIGGER WARNING: MotoGP race was quite good and the Ducati lads finished first and second 😌

gently caress you

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

n8r posted:

gently caress you

Lmao at being a Quatararo fan. He's just gone a lighter strain of Binalesitis

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

can anyone post max being told he lost the fastest lap to track limits?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Fumble posted:

https://twitter.com/skysportsf1/status/1005909523360571394?s=21

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

Fumble posted:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

iirc they were in fact watching turn 14 for track limits violations and even the depressing duo of croft and diresta were noting the limits there and had the crowdstrike car on screen displaying exactly what a violation looked like, max just testing the limits of subjective reality there nbd I'm sure he's not going off the deep end like rosberg

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

95 was the THX remaster, 97 or possibly 98 was the Special Edition release.

I hate that I know that.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

NtotheTC posted:

I have no actual proof of this but I'm fairly certain that if Max was old enough for pogs he would have insisted on using his double thickness kini and when he flipped them over 360 so they landed the right way up he'd try and claim that counted.

There were no pogs in the Netherlands, only flippo’s.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
e: ^ oh

NtotheTC posted:

He's dutch so he would have had 'techno flippos' instead of Tazos

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

watched the highlights this morning, good to know I didn't miss much.

italian quid posted:

The TRIGGER WARNING: MotoGP spoilers

Please don't do this again. There's a caveat that the thread goes into 'live thread mode' for F1 races, not other motorsports.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

harperdc posted:

watched the highlights this morning, good to know I didn't miss much.

Please don't do this again. There's a caveat that the thread goes into 'live thread mode' for F1 races, not other motorsports.

What about for the Antiques Roadshow? It is a long honored tradition of the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The only person who shitposts about antiques roadshow while the F1 is on is you though Theo. Tbh it’s a bit odd.