Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

13Pandora13 posted:

A friend of mine shared this picture from the FB group https://www.facebook.com/totallynotOSHA:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Good to see Rytheric's outhouse is coming along.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

In the year 2021 there are no maths, only beavers. . . who don't use maths.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Good to see Rytheric's outhouse is coming along.

he's still alive as of last week I checked in with an eve player.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Is... is it all like that?

And why? Trying to bodge those pieces together can't possibly be faster than cutting to fit, even if they are using a handsaw.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Fruits of the sea posted:

Is... is it all like that?

And why? Trying to bodge those pieces together can't possibly be faster than cutting to fit, even if they are using a handsaw.

Handsaw?!? How could even intentionally made cuts like those with a hand saw? (maybe a coping saw) Those were cut at 30 paces with throwing axes.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Good point, I'm not sure what could have made those "cuts". A steak knife? :v:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
The pattern on the second to leftmost beam in the first picture has marks that make me think it could have been a chainsaw.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Looks like something I built in Fallout 4.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kid sinister posted:

Looks like something I built in Fallout 4.

Is that one of those things people build up quickly when their property is where a planned highway is going or something to get a payout from the government in china?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Proteus Jones posted:

Is that one of those things people build up quickly when their property is where a planned highway is going or something to get a payout from the government in china?

In China they would just laugh at you and give you 1000 RMB and tell you to gently caress off. At the very least you need to put up a concrete shell and prove that at least one room is liveable. GIS "nail house" to get a better idea.

That monstrosity is pure mental illness.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
That reminds me of this local gem:

The more I look at this the worse it is.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

why does it need 4 HVAC units?

was it a 2 story house that partially collapsed and then just got the first floor saved or something.

I have so many questions..

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Zamujasa posted:

I'm the exposed joist for the hay loft block and tackle.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

tater_salad posted:

was it a 2 story house that partially collapsed and then just got the first floor saved or something.

I assume it's been divided up for "apartments" and each HVAC unit is for each unit to set independently, looking at it.

You probably couldn't pay me to live there, but that's what comes to mind (as I consider the blocks of 8 separate HVAC condensers(?) sitting on concrete blocks behind my own building).

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

tater_salad posted:

I'm pretty sure it was a one-story, as almost every house in this neighborhood is (was).

kid sinister posted:

I'm the exposed joist for the hay loft block and tackle.

I'm the environmental storytelling in the form of a very conspicuous dent in the fencing underneath the third-floor death door

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Zamujasa posted:

I'm the 2nd story french doors

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SkyeAuroline posted:

I assume it's been divided up for "apartments" and each HVAC unit is for each unit to set independently, looking at it.

You probably couldn't pay me to live there, but that's what comes to mind (as I consider the blocks of 8 separate HVAC condensers(?) sitting on concrete blocks behind my own building).

Those gotta be some small rear end apartments that place doesn't look too big. The "2 story" sections are even worse if they crammed 1 unit on each side of that.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Loving this fortified security gate

Those fat security cameras telling me something nefarious might be going on there too (or they're dummies)

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

Zamujasa posted:

Are you in a legal state? Looks like a grow op

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

More photos of it on Zillow.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/112-Beech-St-Henderson-NV-89015/7210538_zpid/

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

when i saw house numbers on every door, i thought "oh they carved it up into apartments" but... all the house numbers are the same. i think it was just owned and occupied by a dingus

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

tater_salad posted:

Why are 2 sitting on permanently installed scaffolding?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

kid sinister posted:

Why are 2 sitting on permanently installed scaffolding?

It's temporary building inspector I swear. Once I just get my (tax, settlement, car insurance, new business venture, back rent) money we'll be making sure that it's fixed.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

There's more, and it's worse :stare:

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

"Open code violations with the city" is always a promising note.

And a building that probably can't be salvaged on a tenth of an acre of land is STILL worth almost 100k, "discounted". That's real estate as an investment for you.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Um, dude: move your car

https://i.imgur.com/BpXIa4S.mp4

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://twitter.com/diedoktor/status/1389990535117557761?s=21
:pwn:

A couple more pics here: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/150-N-74th-St-Kansas-City-KS-66111/75734787_zpid/

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Don't know what I like more, the wall of windows on image 6 or the fact that it does not have a paved driveway.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I’m gonna have a sky bridge to my house turret over my RV garage and I don’t give a gently caress what those lie-beral commie fucks down at the City Hall permit office have to say about it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Wait, Kensas City?! Did the wifebeater hire Grover to design him a house as awful as his temper?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

PainterofCrap posted:

Um, dude: move your car

What is wrong with this? I don't see it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Is it just me or can anyone else see the framing through the render?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

cakesmith handyman posted:

Is it just me or can anyone else see the framing through the render?

It's like they got some lathe and plaster guy who sucked at his job, to do the outside of the house instead of sheeting it in OSB.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Blistex posted:

It's like they got some lathe and plaster guy who sucked at his job, to do the outside of the house instead of sheeting it in OSB.

It looks like it's made of papier-mache.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Dunno-Lars posted:

What is wrong with this? I don't see it.

The house is built on pilings. There is a 12” thick concrete slab poured over the sand. Coastal erosion & hurricanes over the last ten years have removed millions of tons of sand from this area (an island east of Beaufort, South Carolina), resulting in this slab now sitting suspended above the beach.
There is a car parked on it.

The next house over is built the same way except Volkswagen-sized chunks of the slab have collapsed & been buried in the sand below.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

wheatpuppy posted:

It looks like it's made of papier-mache.

Looks like a WWI canvas covered aeroplane.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

By popular demand posted:

Wait, Kensas City?! Did the wifebeater hire Grover to design him a house as awful as his temper?

KCK is nowhere near Pleasant Hills or wherever the gently caress that was. It does look like a Grover product, though.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

KCK is nowhere near Pleasant Hills or wherever the gently caress that was. It does look like a Grover product, though.

The Grover Aesthetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Blistex posted:

The pattern on the second to leftmost beam in the first picture has marks that make me think it could have been a chainsaw.

Or a handheld beaver