Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to playing Just Cause. It's my kind of stupid video game fun, but just a little too stupid to directly pay money for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

Having never played any of these, which ones are recommended to spend the next 12 days on?

hotline miami Hotline Miami HOTLINE MIAMI

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

Having never played any of these, which ones are recommended to spend the next 12 days on?

Final Fantasy IX for sure. That game is incredible, and one of the best video games, and PlayStation 1 games, ever made.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I got the Mass Effect Legendary Collection and I’m not getting my Microsoft Rewards for it. I had activated the punch card prior to buying it. Whom do I contact to get this fixed and my 6000 points?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
The new batch of FPS Boost titles hit. There's a lot.

https://twitter.com/xbox/status/1389251517782183941?s=21

Highlights for me include Far Cry 5 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I'm sure a full list of the new titles will be out soon.

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So I got the Mass Effect Legendary Collection and I’m not getting my Microsoft Rewards for it. I had activated the punch card prior to buying it. Whom do I contact to get this fixed and my 6000 points?

If you log onto your MS account in a browser and head to the Rewards section, there's a 'Contact Rewards Support Team' link in the footer. Fill in the form with details, I've never had to do it so good luck.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Looking forward to playing Just Cause. It's my kind of stupid video game fun, but just a little too stupid to directly pay money for.

It's not very good to be honest. I played it for free via PS Plus and still felt cheated.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Zerot posted:

Highlights for me include Far Cry 5 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I'm sure a full list of the new titles will be out soon.

Here's the full, easy to read list of all FPS boost games including the new batch of today. Including a flag for series S vs series X.

edit: now with the actual link, sheesh
https://majornelson.com/fpsboost/

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 3, 2021

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ZeeBoi posted:

It's not very good to be honest. I played it for free via PS Plus and still felt cheated.

Can you at least still attach a rocket mine to a cow's rear end?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zerot posted:

Is there a way to just see what was added today? I don't have photographic memory so I can't just compare it to the old list perfectly preserved in my mind or anything.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Doctor Nutt posted:

Is there a way to just see what was added today? I don't have photographic memory so I can't just compare it to the old list perfectly preserved in my mind or anything.

quote:

Boosted amount Series X/S
Alien Isolation 60hz/60hz
Anthem 60hz/Not Available
Assassin’s Creed III Remastered 60hz/60hz
Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered 60hz/60hz
Assassin’s Creed The Ezio Collection 60hz/60hz
Assassin’s Creed Unity 60hz/60hz
Battle Chasers: Nightwar 120hz/120hz
Battlefield 1 120hz/Not Available
Battlefield 4 120hz1/20hz
Battlefield Hardline 120hz/120hz
Battlefield V 120hz/Not Available
Beholder Complete Edition 60hz/60hz
Dead Island Definitive Edition 60hz/Not Available
Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition 60hz/Not Available
Deus Ex Mankind Divided 60hz/60hz
DiRT 4 120hz/Not Available
Dishonored – Definitive Edition 60hz/60hz
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider 60hz/60hz
Don’t Starve: Giant Edition 120hz/120hz
Dragon Age: Inquisition 60hz/60hz
Dungeon Defenders II 60hz/60hz
Dying Light 60hz/Not Available
Fallout 4 60hz/60hz
Fallout 76 60hz/60hz
Far Cry 4 60hz/60hz
Far Cry 5 60hz/60hz
Far Cry New Dawn 60hz/60hz
Far Cry Primal 60hz/60hz
Gears of War 4 60hz/60hz
Golf with your Friends 120hz/120hz
Halo Wars 2 60hz/60hz
Halo: Spartan Assault 120hz/120hz
Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition 120hz/120hz
Homefront: The Revolution 60hz/60hz
Hyperscape 120hz/120hz
Island Saver 120hz/120hz
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham 60hz/60hz
LEGO Jurassic World 60hz/60hz
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 60hz/60hz
LEGO Marvel Superheroes 120hz/60hz
LEGO Marvel’s Avengers 120hz/60hz
LEGO STAR WARS: The Force Awakens 60hz/60hz
LEGO The Hobbit 120hz/60hz
LEGO The Incredibles 60hz/60hz
LEGO Worlds 60hz/Not Available
Life is Strange 60hz/60hz
Life is Strange 2 60hz/Not Available
Lords of the Fallen 60hz/60hz
Mad Max 120hz/60hz
Metro 2033 Redux 120hz/120hz
Metro: Last Light Redux 120hz/120hz
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst  120hz/Not Available
Monster Energy Supercross 3 60hz/60hz
MotoGP 20 Not Available/60hz
Moving Out 120hz/120hz
My Friend Pedro 120hz/120hz
My Time at Portia 60hz/60hz
New Super Lucky’s Tale 120hz/120hz
Overcooked! 2 120hz/120hz
Paladins 120hz/120hz
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 120hz/120hz
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 120hz/120hz
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville 120hz/120hz
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid 120hz/120hz
Prey 60hz/60hz
Realm Royale 120hz/120hz
ReCore 60hz/60hz
Sea of Solitude 60hz/60hz
Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition 60hz/60hz
Shadow Warrior 2 60hz/Not Available
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition 60hz/60hz
SMITE 120hz/120hz
Sniper Elite 4 60hz/60hz
STAR WARS Battlefront 120hz/120hz
STAR WARS Battlefront II 120hz/Not Available
Steep Not Available/60hz
Super Lucky’s Tale 120hz/120hz
SUPERHOT 120hz/120hz
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition 60hz/60hz
The Evil Within 2 (PsychoBreak 2 in Japan) 60hz/60hz
The Gardens Between 120z/60hz
The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame 60hz/60hz
The LEGO Movie Videogame 120hz/120hz
Titanfall 120hz/Not Available
Titanfall 2 120hz/120hz
Tom Clancy’s The Division 60hz/60hz
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition 60hz6/0hz
Totally Reliable Delivery Service 120hz/120hz
Two Point Hospital 60hz/60hz
UFC 4 60hz/60hz
Unravel 2 120hz/120hz
Unruly Heroes 120hz/120hz
Untitled Goose Game 120hz/120hz
Wasteland 3 60hz/60hz
Watch Dogs 2 60h/z60hz
Watch_Dogs 60hz/60hz
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life 60hz/60hz

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
Here's a better formatted list that tells what framerate each game runs on for each system: https://majornelson.com/fpsboost/

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Give it a day or so, it can take some time.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

univbee posted:

Does MS not actually own Alan Wake?

Current rumor is Alan wake may get a remaster so it can be on Playstation consoles to help tie in with Control. Could be why it's getting removed too.

But yeah MS doesn't have a lock on it anymore.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Can you at least still attach a rocket mine to a cow's rear end?

yes

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Ineffiable posted:

Current rumor is Alan wake may get a remaster so it can be on Playstation consoles to help tie in with Control. Could be why it's getting removed too.

But yeah MS doesn't have a lock on it anymore.

It is extremely heavily implied in the Control DLC that there's new Alan Wake on the way, too. So I could see something like a remaster to promote their next new game that will probably be a sequel to both Alan Wake and Control.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thanks whoever at SE explicitly didn't put FFX on sale this week because I would have bought it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ixnay posted:

Here's a better formatted list that tells what framerate each game runs on for each system: https://majornelson.com/fpsboost/

Thanks! Tomb Raider and Division 1 are the most notable for me, didn't honestly think they were going to go back and offer improvements on so many earlier iterations of games.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Wheres batman

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

elf help book posted:

Wheres batman

Have you checked the batcave?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeTheCoolOne posted:

If you log onto your MS account in a browser and head to the Rewards section, there's a 'Contact Rewards Support Team' link in the footer. Fill in the form with details, I've never had to do it so good luck.

Thanks! I’ll give it a try. It’s odd as I usually have no problems with purchase linked rewards.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

My series X is really muddy on my Samsung 7 TV -- noticeably so from my other consoles.
Is there a setting I'm missing? Seeing others are having similar issues on other TVs.

The Diddler posted:

Have you done the TV calibration? My Samsung TV was pretty unimpressive until I did it.

EDIT: I also had to turn UHD on per-HDMI port, which seemed odd to me.

I did the calibration on the system. I'll check for the UHD per port. Might factory reset the TV and try again. I oddly noticed because Peggle 2 looks really muddy.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 3, 2021

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

My series X is really muddy on my Samsung 7 TV -- noticeably so from my other consoles.
Is there a setting I'm missing? Seeing others are having similar issues on other TVs.

Have you done the TV calibration? My Samsung TV was pretty unimpressive until I did it.

EDIT: I also had to turn UHD on per-HDMI port, which seemed odd to me.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
lol just saw this on the ol' tweeter in case anyone was wondering why more cross-play didn't happen sooner. classic sony poo poo

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1389261336216014849

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gently caress them for that

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

barnold posted:

lol just saw this on the ol' tweeter in case anyone was wondering why more cross-play didn't happen sooner. classic sony poo poo

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1389261336216014849

The only thing surprising to me is how far epic was willing to go for crossplay.

Unrelated, but I’m very excited to play FFX for the first time in 20 years.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

barnold posted:

It's lovely, but to be fair Sony was the one during the PS3/360 gen trying to get cross play happening with Microsoft refusing. Market leaders don't have anything to gain and everything to lose from allowing it.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

univbee posted:

It's lovely, but to be fair Sony was the one during the PS3/360 gen trying to get cross play happening with Microsoft refusing. Market leaders don't have anything to gain and everything to lose from allowing it.

It's interesting to me how the ol "hearts and minds" strategy has become a legit marketing tactic in the last 5 years or so.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

univbee posted:

It's lovely, but to be fair Sony was the one during the PS3/360 gen trying to get cross play happening with Microsoft refusing.

yeah you're right, it definitely goes both ways, but I don't remember Sony then going out and attempting to ink a deal with Nintendo to get crossplay Wii or DS titles (not that there would have been many to begin with given the game offerings of the PS3/PSP compared to the Wii/DS) in the same way MS did. MS was busy trying to get stupid rear end Games For Windows Live off the ground and once they said no, Sony didn't exactly do anything to further cross-play as a concept other than sit on their own balls like Mr. Belvedere

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

elf help book posted:

Wheres batman

He’s at home, washing his tights.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

barnold posted:

yeah you're right, it definitely goes both ways, but I don't remember Sony then going out and attempting to ink a deal with Nintendo to get crossplay Wii or DS titles (not that there would have been many to begin with given the game offerings of the PS3/PSP compared to the Wii/DS) in the same way MS did. MS was busy trying to get stupid rear end Games For Windows Live off the ground and once they said no, Sony didn't exactly do anything to further cross-play as a concept other than sit on their own balls like Mr. Belvedere
there were cross-play deals with valve involving portal 2 and probably more it was a weird gen

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

there were cross-play deals with valve involving portal 2 and probably more it was a weird gen

holy poo poo I forgot about that lol yeah Portal 2 was cross-play with PC and Playstation. god drat, Portal 2 loving owned.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Sony are evil, hopefully they can learn from Saint Phil Spencer.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

elf help book posted:

Wheres batman

This is also what I was hoping for. :(:hf::(

barnold posted:

holy poo poo I forgot about that lol yeah Portal 2 was cross-play with PC and Playstation. god drat, Portal 2 loving owned.

They put Steam on the PS3! You got the PC version for free if you linked your account! It was nuts! And then never done again.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

They put Steam on the PS3! You got the PC version for free if you linked your account! It was nuts! And then never done again.

Hah I've been wondering how Portal 2 got into my Steam library

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

I wish xbox studios had released like a single hype game since the tail end of the 360 era so that they could have stayed more even in sales but i'll keep waiting for e3.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Real hurthling! posted:

I wish xbox studios had released like a single hype game since the tail end of the 360 era so that they could have stayed more even in sales but i'll keep waiting for e3.

i have never seen any hardware maker just completely give up the way microsoft did in like 2011. they just stopped giving a single solitary gently caress about the xbox 360 and it is no surprise to me that the ps3 eventually passed it in sales.

there was that really exciting period where they were coming up with neat poo poo like 1 vs. 100 and game room, and when that poo poo didn't take off the way they wanted it to it's like they just went 'uhhh, well, here's kinect then i guess'.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i have never seen any hardware maker just completely give up the way microsoft did in like 2011.

what about microsoft in 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They started so strong too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Kinect launched very strong and Sony was competing with the Move, so it became clear the strategy for both was to try and prolong the generation with each of their respective peripherals. Probably a big reason why the PS4/Bone generation got started like it did is because the Move failed and Sony had to realize that strategy wasn’t gonna work, whereas Microsoft didn’t even have reason to draw that conclusion.

That plus the big success they saw with putting media apps on consoles with the 360 made the Bone’s strategy logical, in a way. I do kinda miss the HDMI in port.