Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

fawning deference posted:

OK so the other 8 SHG guy is Steve Sullivan. And the other 7 SHG since 2010 guy is JG Pageau.

Two names I never would have guessed, even if you gave me clues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Four players have ever had a single season in which he scored at least 45 even-strength goals AND 24 power-play goals. Who are they?

Bonus: Which one did it twice?

PS. I wish this could have been a clean 45-25 question...

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Brett Hull must've been the one to do it twice.

If this is the same season, that's at least 69 goals, so that would mean Gretzky, Lemieux, Selanne, Mogilny, Esposito, Kurri, and maybe one or two others?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

After Gretzky (twice), which three players are tied, with 20, for the most game-winning ASSISTS in a single season?

Hint: One is active, one is 90's era (I doubt anyone gets this one), one is 70's era.

Extra fun hint: The 90's player is the only player to ever have a season with 20 game-winning assists AND 40 power-play assists.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Going by the seasons with the most wins

Kucherov for the Lightning when they won 62 and were swept by CBJ.

Lidstrom for the Red Wings when they won 62.

70s must be some Habs guy, so I'm gonna guess Lafleur.

If it's not Lafleur and Lidstrom, then Yzerman and Robinson.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Zodijackylite posted:

If this is the same season, that's at least 69 goals, so that would mean Gretzky, Lemieux, Selanne, Mogilny, Esposito, Kurri, and maybe one or two others?

Selanne as part of his 76-goal rookie year? Comedy option the inexplicable Bernie Nicholls year with 70.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Zodijackylite posted:

I suppose I thought the question would be harder, but I forgot that people can just list off 70 goal scorers and be right eventually. It's more just really cool to see who did.

Hull did it twice, and Mogilny/Selanne/Esposito did it once.

Hull had by far the best combo in his 86 goal season - 0 of those were shorties so he had 57 ES and 29 PP.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Zodijackylite posted:

Going by the seasons with the most wins

Kucherov for the Lightning when they won 62 and were swept by CBJ.

Lidstrom for the Red Wings when they won 62.

70s must be some Habs guy, so I'm gonna guess Lafleur.

If it's not Lafleur and Lidstrom, then Yzerman and Robinson.

Kucherov is correct.

The others are not.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I'll just answer this one. The 70's guy is Bobby Clarke. The 90's guy? The only player ever to have 20 GWA and 40 PPA?

SERGEI ZUBOV BABY

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

OK, so besides Ovie, four active players have had seasons with at least 350 shots on goal. Who are they?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

OK, so besides Ovie, four active players have had seasons with at least 350 shots on goal. Who are they?

I heard this during a game one time, Nathan MacKinnon.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

AsInHowe posted:

I heard this during a game one time, Nathan MacKinnon.

Hah, that's one.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Eric Staal? Brent Burns?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Those are two more and I have no idea how you got Eric Staal.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

There's one more.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Those are two more and I have no idea how you got Eric Staal.

Haha I remember seeing him on the SOG leaderboard when I’d look at Ovechkin’s SOG stats back in the day.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Stamkos?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Nope!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Patty Kane? Kessel?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Double no! It's an older player.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
How are we defining active? Like we're not counting Jagr right?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Active in the NHL right now, and not too bad a player, still.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Corey Perry?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Nope.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Jeff Carter right?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Parise?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jeff Carter is a good guess - he is 3rd among active players in career shots, but never hit 350. Parise is correct!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

New question!

Which playoff team had the lowest season points leader in the modern era? Full seasons only.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Preds of the 2010s consistently made the playoffs without ever having a guy break 70pts, is it one of them? Possibly the Devils of the 90s too. The Wild in their infancy couldn't score for poo poo, but Gaborik put up 70ish points a year I think (and then the next leading scorer would have like 35 lol).

I figure there's probably some team that managed to scrape in on goaltending and depth I'm not thinking of though.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

No idea what year but my first instinct was one of those lovely Coyotes teams that snuck into the playoffs.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

New question!

Which playoff team had the lowest season points leader in the modern era? Full seasons only.
Florida had a guy lead with 37 points once IIRC

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

They didn't make the playoffs, though. None of those teams are correct. To put things in perspective, Trent Hunter led the 03-04 Islanders with 51 points and he is still not the answer.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

What do you consider the modern era? Post-O6?

If so, there's probably some really lovely 80's team that made the playoffs because of their division. Then again, the 80's were high scoring, so I doubt that's the answer.

I remember some of those early-00 Habs teams being dire. I think they made the playoffs once or twice.

I want to say the Sabres of the late-90s, but they had Satan, who at least put up some points.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Twin Cinema posted:

What do you consider the modern era? Post-O6?

If so, there's probably some really lovely 80's team that made the playoffs because of their division. Then again, the 80's were high scoring, so I doubt that's the answer.

I remember some of those early-00 Habs teams being dire. I think they made the playoffs once or twice.

I want to say the Sabres of the late-90s, but they had Satan, who at least put up some points.

Modern era - 67 onward.

I am gonna give this one to you because you nailed the player and the team and the era.

It WAS Satan. He led the 97-98 Sabres with 46 points and they made the playoffs.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I am really impressed with myself. I tried thinking of teams in the Dead Puck era, and Buffalo seemed like a good bet, but then, as you can see in my post, I dismissed it because I thought for sure Satan would be putting up better seasons than Trent Hunter.

Now that I am looking at that team, they somehow made it to the Conference Finals?? Hasek really was something.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Twin Cinema posted:

I am really impressed with myself. I tried thinking of teams in the Dead Puck era, and Buffalo seemed like a good bet, but then, as you can see in my post, I dismissed it because I thought for sure Satan would be putting up better seasons than Trent Hunter.

Now that I am looking at that team, they somehow made it to the Conference Finals?? Hasek really was something.

13 shutouts that year.

The 98-99 team was better but the roster made the Cup Finals and they weren't that much better, it was just the whole 1.87/.937 thing.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

You made me interested in seeing what Hasek's stats were before the Cup Final, because surely, that Final would have knocked his SV% down.

Rounds 1-3: .938 SV%
Cup Finals: .939 SV%

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Twin Cinema posted:

You made me interested in seeing what Hasek's stats were before the Cup Final, because surely, that Final would have knocked his SV% down.

Rounds 1-3: .938 SV%
Cup Finals: .939 SV%

Yeah - .930 career playoff sp in 67 games.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I'm pushing this thread up because hockey trivia rules.

Name the only player to post 60 or more even-strength assists in a season since 1990.

This shouldn't be terribly difficult but it's a cool question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Second question:

Only two players in history have scored at least 38 even-strength goals in a season taking less than 200 shots. Name them.

Hint: One is from the 70's, one is from the 90's.