Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

you know its a good au jus if you can gently cast ripples along it by quietly whispering its name just above the surface au jus au jus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
sure, you could have your local arbys guy french dip his nutte sack into your beefwich. or you could have a guy from southie who asks you to go next door and buy him a packa marb reds and an arnold palmer while he's taking your order wet your beef. the choice is yours and yours alone

nut

my uncle was fond of "the can opener" which is where he dipped his balls in the tuna water while just making sounds that he thought sounded like a can opener

Manifisto

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

wet roast beast sammich ranking list

1. roast beef poboy
TIE 2. italian beef sammich (more delish than french dip but possibly too messy and too heartburney to definitely beat out the standard french dip)
TIE 2. standard french dip
4. philly cheesesteak

.5 huge slab of wet roast beef with roast veg and potatoes smushed between two yorkshire puddings
.1 warm, damp live cow on brioche

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

barnold posted:

wet moon beef, rarest of its kind

the dick and balls i can confirm but why would you put quotations around barbecue sauce it's literally more BBQ than most well-known of the southern sauces

I will fight you in the street, this is treason against my people's cuisine of the low country

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:stare: SAUCE FIGHT

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
no one can win a sauce fight against me. this is a real picture of me irl

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

barnold posted:

no one can win a sauce fight against me. this is a real picture of me irl

I worked my way up from busser/dishwasher at a lovely diner up to sous chef for some well heeled fine dining places, come at me, I can show you barbecue sauce and that ain't it, buddy.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also real talk the combo of mayo and barbecue is just not my thing. I'm sure other people like it but it's too wet.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Teddy Thunders posted:

Also real talk the combo of mayo and barbecue is just not my thing. I'm sure other people like it but it's too wet.

Mayo is essential on a good roast beast poboy and the wet is part of the charm imo

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Mayo is essential on a good roast beast poboy and the wet is part of the charm imo

Mayo is a crime in these here forums.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Mayo on barbecue though yeah, that’s hosed up. I’ll allow the Mayo in the cole slaw dressing but only if the cole slaw is on an eastern NC style pulled pork Sammich that doesn’t really have sauce on it anyway

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Teddy Thunders posted:

Mayo is a crime in these here forums.

Mayo is life eat mayo everyday I sure do

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

There are a few good sandwiches that don’t use mayonnaise but turkey sandwich? Gotta have mayo.

My phone keeps trying to make turkey and mayo capitalized. YES IPHONE I AM CLEARLY HAVE A DETAILED DISCUSSION ABOUT COUNTY MAYO LIKE I OBVIOUSLY DO ALL THE TIME!!!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My people don't eat mayo unless it's in potato salad and even then there better be a lot of mustard and it better be Actual Auntie Style Potato Salad.

I cried a lot in Korea my first year alone there I'm ngl, they were super mayo obsessed about twenty years ago.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Like I legitimately get gaggy if I have to eat it. The only good condiment on a roasted beast, especially a French dip, is pure grated horseradish.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

All your other opinions about mayonnaise are sadly mistaken, but I will agree that a french dip is one of the rare sandwiches which is not improved by mayo

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I was seriously traumatized by mayo as a child.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

sk posted:

I've accepted that I'm not getting one tonight, but it looks like my only local option is papa john's :( dangelos has done good ones though

If you're at d'angelo's and you don't get the pastrami, you made a mistake

google THIS

Beef on Weck has entered the battle

nut

not dipping the crusty bread so that it shears a million tiny slashes in my palate and gums as i try to eat the sandwich. Taking a sip of au jus and letting it sit in my mouth, absorbing directly to the bloodstream

google THIS

barnold posted:

your ranking is missing the best beefwich variety: the north shore roast beef

This thing looks like it just hatched out of a veiny pulsating alien egg sac that was also covered in an inexplicable greasy brown film

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

If you're at d'angelo's and you don't get the pastrami, you made a mistake

I did not see pastrami on the menu, but I did get a thanksgiving and it was delicious. the french dip dream continues, maybe thursday once I've recovered from my microchips

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

This thing looks like it just hatched out of a veiny pulsating alien egg sac that was also covered in an inexplicable greasy brown film

turn on your monitor

ty nesamdoom!

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Teddy Thunders posted:

I was seriously traumatized by mayo as a child.

Same but rye bread

Mayo was only used for tuna and egg (barf) salad amongst my people, which is weird because we are midwestern white people so you would think but...its probably the scandi thing. OTOH there was nothing that could not be improved by dill, the all purpose spice.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
Manifisto

the thing that singlehandedly made me think that canned tuna was good, not horrible, was the pan bagnat sandwich

sometimes you need to have a transcendent experience to completely change your outlook on a food

also pan bagnat sandwiches are loving amazing, make yourself one according to calvin trillin's recipe and face your arteries to bloodshed

ty nesamdoom!

Bilirubin

Manifisto posted:

the thing that singlehandedly made me think that canned tuna was good, not horrible, was the pan bagnat sandwich

sometimes you need to have a transcendent experience to completely change your outlook on a food

also pan bagnat sandwiches are loving amazing, make yourself one according to calvin trillin's recipe and face your arteries to bloodshed

This is a think I will explore further, thanks orb!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

dang I want an egg salad sandwich now

Dip Viscous

*glares at dipping container*

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Bilirubin posted:

Same but rye bread

Mayo was only used for tuna and egg (barf) salad amongst my people, which is weird because we are midwestern white people so you would think but...its probably the scandi thing. OTOH there was nothing that could not be improved by dill, the all purpose spice.

I would literally kill a man for a Reuben on marble rye right now

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Thinking bout dem dips

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Ok. I'm gonna get a vegan french dip if I can get it curbside tonight. There's a place here that does interesting things with mushrooms, perhaps you recall my previous adventures getting the intense, delicious mushroom pastrami or the incredible smoky mushroom paté. It is this place, folks, and that means it's either going to be real good or I'm probably going to feel my soul leave my body in disappointment.

barnold

vegan dip..... :catstare:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It'll be good trust me. They haven't led me astray yet.

barnold

it'll be good.....for me to poop on!!!

barnold

i thought about it and it might actually be good for me to poop OUT too, i hear vegan food does that. lots of fiber

Bilirubin

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I would literally kill a man for a Reuben on marble rye right now

oh very same I am over it. Turns out my reaction was to the caraway seeds anyway :barf:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

google THIS

ppl throwing a lot of shave itt

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

ppl throwing a lot of shave itt

I'm flingin' barbasol, bitch

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

I haven't had a pastrami on rye in a while. My dad used to make them sometimes on the griddle.

Edit: I was thinking of a Reuben!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 4, 2021