Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

That sucks. Is Gonsolin going to replace him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

https://youtube.com/shorts/SwRkb657oyo?feature=share

The pain in the guys voice when he says "augh what the gently caress."

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Who

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

One of the Marlins’ starters

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Chief McHeath posted:

https://youtube.com/shorts/SwRkb657oyo?feature=share

The pain in the guys voice when he says "augh what the gently caress."

I agree, what the gently caress.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Joc is back from the IL and... leading off tonight. Against the Dodgers. Oh and Bryant is playing CF for some reason.

Ross is legit just flinging poo poo at the wall lol

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

He'll have a nice long recovery time during the lockout next year

Niwrad posted:

That sucks. Is Gonsolin going to replace him?
Gonsolin is also currently on the IL, along with Price, Knebel, Kelly, Graterol, Kahnle, and Ferguson. Though they say they expect Tony G back mid-May so maybe with the off days they can get by until then.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 3, 2021

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

Joc is back from the IL and... leading off tonight. Against the Dodgers. Oh and Bryant is playing CF for some reason.

"for some reason" being that our CF was carted off the field last night

but yeah, probably should be Marisnick especially since he's been mashing. Who knows. not Ross

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I remember the days when I'd watch an injury-hobbled Matt Kemp or old Andre Ethier flailing around in CF and wished Donnie would just start Joc there all the time

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Poque posted:

"for some reason" being that our CF was carted off the field last night

but yeah, probably should be Marisnick especially since he's been mashing. Who knows. not Ross

That's my point yeah, I'd play Marisnick or Heyward in CF over Bryant. But whatever I guess.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

If the forecasts are right we won't have to worry who is in center.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Every single time I've ever heard Jake Marisnick's name I've immediately gone "heh, Marisdick."

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

If the forecasts are right we won't have to worry who is in center.

Yup, postponed

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Hell yeah gimmie that sweet chaos doubleheader tomorrow.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Knew it as soon as I saw him wince. Ugh

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Luis Robert has a Grade 3 hip flexor strain and is going to miss 12-16 weeks

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
sure are a lot of players falling apart this year

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The test for Turinabol has a non-zero false positive rate, and no one uses that poo poo anymore. Athletes keep getting popped for it when there's no other evidence of juicing.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

FlamingLiberal posted:

Luis Robert has a Grade 3 hip flexor strain and is going to miss 12-16 weeks

Fucks sake, I just want to watch a group of young, fun, good baseball players hit the poo poo out of baseballs. :smith:

I guess the silver lining is that TLR is apparently already losing the clubhouse so maybe the Sox sucking more will foster enough discontent to full on mutiny his piece of poo poo rear end out of the org.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Chamale posted:

The test for Turinabol has a non-zero false positive rate, and no one uses that poo poo anymore. Athletes keep getting popped for it when there's no other evidence of juicing.
Yeah the MLBPA put out a statement from him and he's basically saying that this isn't the first time a player has been hit with the same issue

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I know this is from a couple days ago but I just saw it today and lol how does this call happen

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1388653535089340421

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sydin posted:

Fucks sake, I just want to watch a group of young, fun, good baseball players hit the poo poo out of baseballs. :smith:

I guess the silver lining is that TLR is apparently already losing the clubhouse so maybe the Sox sucking more will foster enough discontent to full on mutiny his piece of poo poo rear end out of the org.

i am very upset that i will once again not be able to drink beer and watch luis bop in person, what a rough year for the sox.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sydin posted:

joc...is (arnold voice) back

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
https://twitter.com/DALLASBRADEN209/status/1389349534610849795

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/Athletics/status/1389260734329094144

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
We could have had such a cool future and instead we got the timeline that brought us Dogecoin and Elon Musk.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Seeing 3-4 months for Robert and TJS for May is a pretty lovely way to start the baseball week

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Intruder posted:

I know this is from a couple days ago but I just saw it today and lol how does this call happen

The umps this year are worse than ever

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

FYI that's like $40, A's tickets remain the best bargain in baseball. gently caress I kinda wanna go to an A's game and I see they play the Angels at home later this month. I'm two weeks past my second shot; just wanna recline down the third base line with a big rear end pretzel and loving gallon of whatever lovely beer they've got at O.Co these days watching Chapman make absolutely sparking plays and Trout hit some majestic bombs.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Intruder posted:

:laffo:

robot umps when?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Popete posted:

We could have had such a cool future and instead we got the timeline that brought us Dogecoin and Elon Musk.

I'm definitely going to have to invest in the next thing Elon tries to pump the value of

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

I'm definitely going to have to invest in the next thing Elon tries to pump the value of
Dodgecoin spiked up when it was announced Elon will host SNL because people think he’ll pump it on tv

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I'm beginning to wonder if Mackenzie Gore actually exists, or if he's simply a rumor spread by the Padres FO to make the rest of baseball think we've got an ace in the hole.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol
https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1389402785398022149?s=20

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Girardi needs to get fined every time he pulls his mask down like a dipshit point blank or goes dicknosin' like there.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 minutes!

Bogus Adventure posted:

:laffo:

robot umps when?

Robot umps won't stop deliberate lovely calls.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/Mets/status/1389429741577555970?s=19

The mets sure haven't been hitting, but midnight firings 23 games into the season is something.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Quattlebaum is definitely one of my favorite Q-based baseball names, right after Kevin Quackenbush.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Also, FUCKIN' A! HA-SEONG KIM HAS GOT SOME BIG-TIME D!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Does Farquhar count? Because he's got my vote.