Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Red tyrannosaurs were so powerful they became the foundation of four whole sets of powers, tbf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Nodosaur posted:

That doesn’t work. There are powers that long predate MMPR; Dino Fury being a recent example

This is also true of Sentai from an in-universe standpoint but basically nobody cares and Zyuranger has the number after Jetman even if the former were supposedly active in prehistoric days.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The first rangers humanity writ large is aware of, not counting the comics, are the alien rangers of Aquitar, which from humanity's point of view arrived in the late 80s to chase off Master Vile.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think you're all forgetting that's it's canonical (from Beast Morphers) that all of the PR series are more or less set in parallel universes except where otherwise state and they're aware of each other.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Most of them are directly aware of each other. The only explicit exceptions I can think of are Rpm and Dino Charge

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

SPD and Time Force take place in the future, doesn't stop them from having their place in the count.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-b_gXQ6nQ

Ryu and Chun Li are making the jump from the mobile game to Battle for the Grid

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Netflix's captions for MMPR keep calling a guy Zordan.

I'm not going so far as to say that this pain is greater than anyone else in history has felt over anything, but it is close.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Zordan is visibly wearing a NASCAR tshirt in the tube

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So... that new episode... it sure... ended on an... interesting note.

Like... has PR ever done something like that before? The Mr. Freeze angle? That's... actually kind of interesting!

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
realising that the show's now on hiatus until, what, August or whatever it is? makes much more sense that they haven't said crap about the Zord toys. get them out around then for both the show coming back and the leadin to the holiday season

Junpei posted:

So... that new episode... it sure... ended on an... interesting note.

Like... has PR ever done something like that before? The Mr. Freeze angle? That's... actually kind of interesting!

it was definitely something i'd considered a possibility when we got the whole "whoa, mysterious door!" thing a couple of weeks back but i don't know if i thought it was actually a likely one. pleasantly surprised

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So the morphin masters created the dino gems, energems, and nexus crystal on the same day

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

John Wick of Dogs posted:

So the morphin masters created the dino gems, energems, and nexus crystal on the same day

Sometimes you just get really inspired and can't stop making things.

Other times you make the metallic armor.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pyroi posted:

Sometimes you just get really inspired and can't stop making things.

Other times you make the metallic armor.

That's all on Zordon

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The Eltar guardian armor in the new Mighty Morphin seems like it might be a foundation to a metallic armor that doesn’t completely suck. I’d rather see toys of that or the Omegas than crap like Drakkon sentries.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Craptacular! posted:

The Eltar guardian armor in the new Mighty Morphin seems like it might be a foundation to a metallic armor that doesn’t completely suck. I’d rather see toys of that or the Omegas than crap like Drakkon sentries.

Toys are super slow to come out. Trust me, they'll come

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Finally the origin of Vic and Monty explained
https://twitter.com/DiiamondFiire/status/1383926764649414667?s=19

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So Dino Fury S2 might be going to Netflix? Weird move, considering they just removed a bunch of Power Rangers from Netflix.

https://twitter.com/thedex1998/status/1387933529502326786?s=20

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He probably was just referring to hire the first season of the show goes up when the second season starts usually, but also probably doesn't actually know.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál
So my five year old has been introduced to Power Rangers via a Samurai reading book at school and is crazy about the concept. I've not watched anything Rangers related since SPD, though I'm a big fan of the Boom! comics.

Any suggestions on a good starting season for a younger kid? Do I just hop on with last season and go from there?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Now, the consensus is that the best seasons are Time Force and RPM, but they've got some heavy themes. Time Force deals with fate, lost love, prejudice, new love, and redemption and RPM is straight up a post-apocalypse story.

If you want a series that's good but not too dark, I'd go with Ninja Storm. It's the most 'jokey' PR series, with a lot of humor poking fun at the usual PR tropes as well as just very sarcastic characters (Ransik is the funniest villain in the series).

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Starting from the beginning might not be a bad idea, especially if you haven't watched it in a while

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The best season for a young modern kid right now is probably Beast Morphers, because it is all available on Netflix (44 episodes), and it matches more or less what the tone of current seasons is, so he will know if he likes it or not, of he does then he will like whatever is currently on.

Ninja Steel(two seasons ago) and Beast Morphers(one season ago) and the original series are on Netflix, Dino Charge(three seasons ago) is partially on YouTube, and the newest series Dino Fury is on most on demand.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
A kid isn't going to care what the subjectively best PR season is, just start with Samurai since they're familiar with it and then watch Dino Fury.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

My friends four year old has gotten into Mighty Morphin recently.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's a really good show for very young kids to get into

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Mighty Morphin would be some kind of Nick At Nite show if linear cable TV continued the dominance that it once had, obliterating pop culture with extreme prejudice.

Instead, Lord Zedd will keep traumatizing kids with his loud trumpets and mood lighting and (for the first episode anyway) 90s tilted camera angles.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to start with Beast Morphers since that is the most modern one and it's on Netflix. If he digs that we'll see what other seasons are interesting. Maybe step back to Mighty Morphin if it doesn't feel too "old" for him.

On a separate note, can any one tell me where that gif I see of some sort of city battle where the rangers and mooks are fighting in the foreground with the megazords fighting in the background is from? It's really cool and occasionally things like a giant sword will slam into the ranger fight and stuff

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

NinjaPete posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to start with Beast Morphers since that is the most modern one and it's on Netflix. If he digs that we'll see what other seasons are interesting. Maybe step back to Mighty Morphin if it doesn't feel too "old" for him.

On a separate note, can any one tell me where that gif I see of some sort of city battle where the rangers and mooks are fighting in the foreground with the megazords fighting in the background is from? It's really cool and occasionally things like a giant sword will slam into the ranger fight and stuff

Beast Morphers I think (or at least its Japanese counterpart Go-Busters, I forget if that particular bit of footage ever got adapted)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The one you keep seeing is probably from Mashin Sentai Kiramager, which has yet to be adapted into Power Rangers and might not be for some time, if at all.

It is, however, extremely good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There is a bit like that in Beast Morphers ep 2 or 3

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Has there been a consensus on Beast Morphers yet? I've heard some people say it's just average, some people say that it has really high highs (the pilot, Steel and Nate joining the Rangers, the Dino Charge crossover, the finale) but the filler episodes are really bleh, and others say it's fantastic?

I thought it was good but not great myself, somewhere on the level of Mystic Force

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

The one you keep seeing is probably from Mashin Sentai Kiramager, which has yet to be adapted into Power Rangers and might not be for some time, if at all.

It is, however, extremely good.

Ah yeah, that was it

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Junpei posted:

Has there been a consensus on Beast Morphers yet? I've heard some people say it's just average, some people say that it has really high highs (the pilot, Steel and Nate joining the Rangers, the Dino Charge crossover, the finale) but the filler episodes are really bleh, and others say it's fantastic?

I thought it was good but not great myself, somewhere on the level of Mystic Force

After having watched through the series, I have come to the controversial opinion that....

it's aight. I didn't like it as much as Dino Charge but it was easily the second best series since RPM. Granted that's because ever since stuff has ranged from boring to awful and anything that is better than average feels like a breath of fresh air.
Granted I'm also that rear end in a top hat whose favourite series is Jungle Fury so my opinions might be bad.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Hey, I like Jungle Fury too, myself. Not as much as Time Force or RPM, but it's up there.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Testekill posted:

After having watched through the series, I have come to the controversial opinion that....

it's aight. I didn't like it as much as Dino Charge but it was easily the second best series since RPM. Granted that's because ever since stuff has ranged from boring to awful and anything that is better than average feels like a breath of fresh air.
Granted I'm also that rear end in a top hat whose favourite series is Jungle Fury so my opinions might be bad.

Beast Morphers becoming a semi-sequel to RPM towards the end was a neat touch as well I thought.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Now that all of Beast Morphers is finally on Netflix I've been watching the rest of it, and I'm digging it pretty heavily! I just love crossover nonsense, and I can't believe Hasbro bothered to use the New Gavan episodes, much less make them so integral to the series.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

This is cool. I approve of this.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I recognize the dunno charge red ranger there, dressed as Zenkaissr? Who's the guy dressed as the sixth ranger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I recognize the dunno charge red ranger there, dressed as Zenkaissr? Who's the guy dressed as the sixth ranger

Guess.