Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

seaborgium posted:

For all of it's crazy cool poo poo that's happening, Mick screaming and pushing his kid who's in a stroller? down the hall was amazing. Makes no sense now, but will be perfectly understandable at the time.

Office chair, and she's pregnant, which would explain Mick's rage.

They put the trailer up on YouTube if you don't want to deal with EW's site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxlNk_uPcLs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

howe_sam posted:

Office chair, and she's pregnant, which would explain Mick's rage.

They put the trailer up on YouTube if you don't want to deal with EW's site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxlNk_uPcLs

Explains his rage, but truly just brings up more questions. Goddamn this show is goofy as hell but so enjoyable.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I lost it when the ships surrounding earth have cannons as big as the ships themselves pop out of them

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That is a dope shirt

https://twitter.com/ketomizu/status/1388988739989348353

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, been looking forward to some new Legends for a while now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
want that shirt

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I love that the Legends didn't get the memo about the DEO being destroyed

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

howe_sam posted:

I love that the Legends didn't get the memo about the DEO being destroyed

They did skip the last crossover, so I'm assuming they've been ducking any calls.

Mick is still amazing, and the checklist Ava had was loving amazing. I honestly think that could be used to write an episode.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I've missed the time idiots so much, that was a great season opener. I can't wait to see the shenanigans that come up.

Let's release the Predator-lite's apex predators across the timeline. What can go wrong?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

seaborgium posted:

They did skip the last crossover, so I'm assuming they've been ducking any calls.

No, that was the one before. They were present for Crisis.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Man, its just WEIRD watching Mick being the responsible one.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Pretty good. Some big swings here and there, but mostly just announcing that this year is going to be the same as the last few years.

Hoping we get a decent space ship battle.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
TV IV › DC's Legends of Tomorrow - "Being an avenger is stupid"

The Lord Bude posted:

No, that was the one before. They were present for Crisis.

Well, "present" with heavy air quotes. I think the only ones present were like, Sara, Constantine, and Rory (plus kinda sorta Captain Cold as the alternate Waverider's AI)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ray was there!

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Ray was there!

Yeah, and so was Superman but you never saw them in the same room at the same time. It was weird.

And I forgot the bit from Ava when someone asked her if it would be weird talking to someone Sara had hooked up with, and she goes, "Swing a dead cat, it's fine."

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Like John isn't *right there* and Ava copes with it

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I'm rewatching season two (I made it through the season one pilot and went noooooope)

Oh my god, Ray and Nate are so *pure* right from the off! "You destroyed my suit, I have more dwarf star alloy but before I rebuild the thing that makes me a superhero, I built you an awesome suit of your own!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

seaborgium posted:

Yeah, and so was Superman but you never saw them in the same room at the same time. It was weird.

Uh, they did exactly this.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

seaborgium posted:

And I forgot the bit from Ava when someone asked her if it would be weird talking to someone Sara had hooked up with, and she goes, "Swing a dead cat, it's fine."

I mean Constantine's a team member now so I assume Ava's gotten way over Sara's history.

So Gary being an alien is a thing and I'm okay with it honestly. Give's him something more to do that isn't just being Constantine's apprentice.

Spooner Cruz feels like their own version of either Jessica Cruz or Jaime Reyes. Maybe more the latter. I do like her version of the tinfoil hat. That's actually extremely clever.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The whole big Gary reveal actually makes SO MUCH sense when you think about it. I found it pretty hilarious when they said that his full name was Gary Green.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Rory/Amaya would have been so much more interesting than Nate/Amaya.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Just random bits that stuck (and there were more!)

"You're a walking contact-high"

"Plan B smells like Pot"

"Shut up Bowie"

"You wanna keep it Zen in the brainstem"

"What pray-tell are you? A saxon?"

An Alien named Gary Green

Tinfoil-lined Cowboyhat

... Amazing. I missed them so much! :allears:

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Vietnamwees posted:

The whole big Gary reveal actually makes SO MUCH sense when you think about it. I found it pretty hilarious when they said that his full name was Gary Green.

He's had his glasses off numerous times before - there is nothing to "make sense" of in this. They retconned this in for this season, it is not anything they planned before.
We've always known his surname. Why is it hilarious?

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 3, 2021

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
It makes him a Little Green Man. And yeah, it's a total retcon, but he was already the most cartoonish character on a show about time traveling wizards. It's about time he got a hook to go along with it.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Xelkelvos posted:

I mean Constantine's a team member now so I assume Ava's gotten way over Sara's history.

Oh, no, I just thought it was funny that someone else had brought it up to her. I knew she was handling it just fine, the wording of "Swing a dead cat" just hit me in the right spot for some reason.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

seaborgium posted:

Oh, no, I just thought it was funny that someone else had brought it up to her. I knew she was handling it just fine, the wording of "Swing a dead cat" just hit me in the right spot for some reason.

Fair, but also the Saxon line from Spartacus.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr Beens posted:

He's had his glasses off numerous times before - there is nothing to "make sense" of in this. They retconned this in for this season, it is not anything they planned before.

Gary being an alien is one of those retcons that actually makes no sense on its head, but for a show like Legends it's JUST dumb enough that it works perfectly.

Sloth Life posted:

I'm rewatching season two (I made it through the season one pilot and went noooooope)

Season 1 Legends is hard to recommend because all the legitimately good episodes come at like the very end of the season. Everything from 1x13 onward is pretty good and where the show starts to develop the identity it would eventually come to fully embrace in Season 2. Also Star City 2046 and Marooned are decent too. Everything else is kinda garbo.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Sara Lance's story started with her getting marooned on an island with Crixus, so getting stranded in space with Spartacus had a kind of symmetry.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Nameless Pete posted:

It makes him a Little Green Man. And yeah, it's a total retcon, but he was already the most cartoonish character on a show about time traveling wizards. It's about time he got a hook to go along with it.

Well he went evil for "reasons" a couple of seasons ago. And I'm pretty certain he has been on the waverider med bed a bunch of times.

The character has always annoyed me and I think the character makes the show worse, so I guess "he;s an alien now also" just rubs me even more the wrong way. I can think of a dozen other ways that they could have given Sara a companion for her lost on her own bit (the reason the writers have given for the Gary is an alien)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I appreciate that you could easily tell which scenes in this episode were filmed when by following the length of Tala Ashe's hair :v:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr Beens posted:

Legends being the show it is I'm assuming they'll have someone bring up the glasses thing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Legends being the show it is I'm assuming they'll have someone bring up the glasses thing.

Actually, the cocoon is probably the reason. He shifted into a regular human and when he had to go back to abduct Sara and join his fiancee, he had to cocoon and morph his body back to normal and get his shape shifter glasses out to keep up appearances just in case.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I keep thinking about when they used Gary as the virgin to lure a unicorn and he asks Constantine "Did what we did count?" and John says "No."

I have even more questions about that than I used to.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Sara Lance confirmed to be the most important character in the Arrowverse. Nice.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

oh jay posted:

Sara Lance confirmed to be the most important character in the Arrowverse. Nice.

Well Ollie is dead and Barry is too dangerous so Sara is obviously next.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Nameless Pete posted:

I keep thinking about when they used Gary as the virgin to lure a unicorn and he asks Constantine "Did what we did count?" and John says "No."

I have even more questions about that than I used to.
I'm sort of expecting to find out that Rip Hunter knew all along, and just never bothered to mention it to anyone.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 4, 2021

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

Robot Hobo posted:

I'm sort of expecting to find out that Rip Hunter knew all along, and just never bothered to mention it to anyone.

Gideon definitely knew, but thought everyone else did too.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Gideon knew, she's just not a narc.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nameless Pete posted:

Gideon knew, she's just not a narc.

Unless it's funny or it suits her needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Xelkelvos posted:

Well Ollie is dead and Barry is too dangerous so Sara is obviously next.

He wasn’t dead back when Gary first arrived though. Since he never even attempted to hang around him we must assume he considered Sara a more valuable target than Oliver.