Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jim Bob?
This poll is closed.
Jim 0 0%
Bob 1 100.00%
Jim Bob 0 0%
Total: 1 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Fitzy Fitz posted:

no joke she's probably not allowed to know much outside of her domestic responsibilities

I mean she has 6 kids and one on the way, and the older ones probably aren't old enough to go full on termite/ant care level so all mom has to do is gestate more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

jerm berb

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

This is the thread where I saw Mark Samsel the Kansas City substitute teacher/Kansas House of Representatives member, knee a student in the balls and have a crazy rant. SoHere is Mark Samsel's full statement. It's long and it is full of crazy.

https://www.ksnt.com/news/kansas/kansas-lawmaker-substitute-teacher-charged-with-battery-involving-student-releases-statement/

It turns out it is you who is the real monster.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Jarm Bo

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bobson Jimnutt

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Jom Bib Digdug

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jramy Harb

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jayden Aiden

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jurbes Lurb

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

shame on an IGA posted:

Bobson Jimnutt

Jimson Bobnutt

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

berb jerb

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Jesus Is My Best Ol' Buddy

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
mike truk

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

You just reminded me of the kid from Duck Dynasty who got a DUI and flipped a truck in his teens

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Jerk Bomb.

mallratcal posted:

This is the thread where I saw Mark Samsel the Kansas City substitute teacher/Kansas House of Representatives member, knee a student in the balls and have a crazy rant. SoHere is Mark Samsel's full statement. It's long and it is full of crazy.

https://www.ksnt.com/news/kansas/kansas-lawmaker-substitute-teacher-charged-with-battery-involving-student-releases-statement/

I'm not joking when I say this is almost exactly what I pictured he looks like. He's got a face like a sociopath trying and failing to imitate emotions. Big spousal abuser energy here.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 4, 2021

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I had to tap out about 1/3 of the way into that rambling manifesto. What a loving creep. I'm also guessing that the particular student he violently assaulted was chosen for appearing some way "different" (LGBTQ) or otherwise "ungodly" by wearing a t-shirt with a metal band on it or something.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is a silly, potentially problematic question regarding the weirdo fundies:

Do they value physical attractiveness at all? Or is birthing ability the be all and end all when choosing who to marry your failson off to?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

BrigadierSensible posted:

Do they value physical attractiveness at all? Or is birthing ability the be all and end all when choosing who to marry your failson off to?

Perhaps this also potentially problematic quote from Mark Twain visiting then-polygamous Utah might provide some perspective:

quote:

Our stay in Salt Lake City amounted to only two days, and therefore we had no time to make the customary inquisition into the workings of polygamy and get up the usual statistics and deductions preparatory to calling the attention of the nation at large once more to the matter.

I had the will to do it. With the gushing self-sufficiency of youth I was feverish to plunge in headlong and achieve a great reform here—until I saw the Mormon women. Then I was touched. My heart was wiser than my head. It warmed toward these poor, ungainly and pathetically "homely" creatures, and as I turned to hide the generous moisture in my eyes, I said, "No--the man that marries one of them has done an act of Christian charity which entitles him to the kindly applause of mankind, not their harsh censure--and the man that marries sixty of them has done a deed of open-handed generosity so sublime that the nations should stand uncovered in his presence and worship in silence."

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Twain really goes all in on the bet that they can't read.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Xenocides posted:

Perhaps this also potentially problematic quote from Mark Twain visiting then-polygamous Utah might provide some perspective:

Wow, that is incredibly mean spirited.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The pioneer-era American West had a ludicrous gender imbalance (outside of the Native American tribes) to the point it was common for dirt poor women from eastern cities would marry a farmer by mail because there were no single women within a hundred miles of the dude's farm. Looks were basically the last thing they cared about, especially considering the hard conditions and poor nutrition would age every prematurely.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

CPL593H posted:

Well you see back in the day women weren't consider men so nobody cared what they thought.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Crab Dad posted:

Well you see back in the day women weren't consider men so nobody cared what they thought.

There's this too.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The pioneer-era American West had a ludicrous gender imbalance (outside of the Native American tribes) to the point it was common for dirt poor women from eastern cities would marry a farmer by mail because there were no single women within a hundred miles of the dude's farm. Looks were basically the last thing they cared about, especially considering the hard conditions and poor nutrition would age every prematurely.

Imagine having to awkwardly stand in front of a massive camera for 60 seconds with your dick out to get a picture, mailing it off with the message "I sent you my pics please respond", and then having to wait a good month or so for a reply.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CPL593H posted:

Imagine having to awkwardly stand in front of a massive camera for 60 seconds with your dick out to get a picture, mailing it off with the message "I sent you my pics please respond", and then having to wait a good month or so for a reply.

As a historian it's my sad duty to inform you that's... not quite how it worked.

I wish it was, though.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

CPL593H posted:

I really doubt it's supposed to be taken seriously. It's humor and I thought it was pretty funny.

Mark Twain probably would've been a pretty good poster.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 09:13 on May 4, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I really doubt it's supposed to be taken seriously. It's humor and I thought it was pretty funny.

Mark Twain probably would've been a pretty good poster.

"Fenimore Cooper's Literary Offenses" definitely reads like a classic front page article.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Girls are raised to believe their beauty is for the glory of God. Consequently, two of the adult daughters have mentioned in passing developing eating disorders (without ever being properly treated). The greaseball failsons all look exactly like you'd expect them to. Having said all of that, none of the daughters have married into royalty or anything. Had Josh not derailed the entire family's bankroll with his antics, I expect the family would have had more "prospects". Thanks to Josh's many failures, the best they can do is swap kids with other local fundie dipshit families.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Are Jim Bob's generally really called James Robert or do hillbillies really just slap down Jim Bob on a birth certificate?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Are Jim Bob's generally really called James Robert or do hillbillies really just slap down Jim Bob on a birth certificate?

Yes

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

As a historian it's my sad duty to inform you that's... not quite how it worked.

I wish it was, though.

Holy poo poo, I haven't thought of this book since I was 10. I can't draw at all, but my best drawing I ever did was of Jacob, when our class read it. Wow, the memory trip I'm on right now; we watched the movie, too. I remember Walken, because he had been in Batman Returns which I had recently seen. Had no idea Glenn Close was in it, too.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CPL593H posted:

Jerk Bomb.

I'm not joking when I say this is almost exactly what I pictured he looks like. He's got a face like a sociopath trying and failing to imitate emotions. Big spousal abuser energy here.

A face made for a GOP politician

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

mallratcal posted:

Jesus christ.

Does he know that this huge mental screed is going to be kept on the Internet forever?

Did that occur to him at any point?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Jesus christ.

Does he know that this huge mental screed is going to be kept on the Internet forever?

Did that occur to him at any point?

Jimpert Bobbermilk

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I would blow Jim Bob posted:

Jimpert Bobbermilk

Ftfy

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

One of the women who was in that cult did an AMA a year or so ago. There was absolutely a beauty standard for the women. They were expected to have long, curly hair amongst other things. In some of the earlier pictures of the Duggar girls they have the same lovely perms as Michelle. Women would also be shamed for their weight, which in the case for the fundie center the OP worked at, it was because the teens were actually being fed unlike at home.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

mallratcal posted:

This reads like a book report from the kid who didn’t read the book.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

CPL593H posted:

Jerk Bomb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvU3QQH2b2Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

One of the Duggars is very pretty and I have to assume she was paired off to some pud from another weird family.