Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

night slime
May 14, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

This is purely anecdotal but I've heard that launching without rollback is actually a tactic by some devs - they've internalised the idea that they need some big post-launch update to extend the life of their game and rather than new characters or some other asset-intensive addition, they've determined that a big netcode update can be the thing they use to renew interest in their game.

A dev arriving at this roundabout logic is insanely funny to me. Like it's some weird advertising-centric perspective that heralds No Man's Sky as a potent business model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I want a wifi filter that will only attempt to match me to a wifi player after X minutes of not finding an Ethernet player that fits the quality filter I already set.

Basically how I already do it but without having to manually reject a few Wifi players before I give up and take the next one.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Wi-fi users suck but honestly for small games I'd rather have them in the community and maybe eventually someone with more patience and tact than I have will educate them on why it's bad.

Wi-fi indicators before committing to a match are a good compromise. Even better would be if the filtering process were automatic instead of having to manually dis/confirm.

Yeah, I will put up with wifi when playing a friend or even a random off a discord if the connection is good, but gently caress playing the matchmaking connection lottery

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

night slime posted:

A dev arriving at this roundabout logic is insanely funny to me. Like it's some weird advertising-centric perspective that heralds No Man's Sky as a potent business model.

it worked for yatagarasu!!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

night slime posted:

Like it's some weird advertising-centric perspective that heralds No Man's Sky as a potent business model.

I love (modern) No Man's Sky and I'm real proud of the dev team for buckling in, shutting up, and fixing their game (and improving! some of the new stuff they added outside of the scope of the original release is crazy) but I fear for what their successful turnaround has done for the industry for the foreseeable future lol

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

dragon enthusiast posted:

it worked for yatagarasu!!

we dont speak that name here

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Pick your main from the list! My main is Fiona and I also play as Angelia

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zand posted:

Stage Magician or the lady with the BIG PILE BUNKER.

Or Rollerblade devil.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

darealkooky posted:

I like ah3 a lot but lets not forget that game was a running joke the same way 'The Pony Game' is now for a solid decade+ in english speaking parts of the world. I really don't see a game like this getting a sudden huge upswing in players like +R did even if it did suddenly have rollback netcode because a lot of people still wring their hands over a game with anime schoolgirls that doesn't also have Cool Manly Guys in it (like skullgirls now does). I can understand team arcana focusing more on people who would actually play their game (japanese arcades) then doing a favor for the 10 western arcana heart players when they can't even finish the dlc characters.

if they were focusing on japanese arcades why is there no hard release date for the arcade port of xtend

and why did the director of AH3 go on twitter to poll western fans what they want in a new arcana heart (rollback, age up characters, NO BOYS)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Zand posted:

From that, I used to play zenia, weiss, and saki, but the new character is fun from the 10 minutes i played of six stars a million years ago. Big stupid wall tackle poo poo all over the place.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Zand posted:

Fiona and Mei Fang. I’m liking Dark Heart right now too

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
MOE riddler?

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 4, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I remember Kira being hilarious but I also played AH1/3 for like an hour tops

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

There’s an arcana that just gives her long stretches of full super armor. A flying Zangeif that can just take all of your hits and not give a poo poo.

It’s very fun.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
man arcana heart jokes are old hat but i can't help going "lol eternally 15 at heart" i'm sorry

I only played the game once, I think I liked the main characters and Scharlacrotch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
the hosed up thing is the phrasing 'eternally 15 at heart' means shes an adult, thats a joke that some female entertainers do as they get older. like in idolmaster theres a girl who jokes about being eternally 17 and the whole gag is shes actually 27.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I played Mei Fang in the first one for bit but then she got changed to links only in 3. I played just enough in an arcade to like Elsa's bottle pressure on wakeup though.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Zand posted:

heart because she has a move called Super Duper Amazing Iron Fist Punch of Love where she just hits you once and does 50%.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hace posted:

we dont speak that name here

4rd Strike.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

darealkooky posted:

heart because she has a move called Super Duper Amazing Iron Fist Punch of Love where she just hits you once and does 50%.

So she's Paul's daughter?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

chumbler posted:

4rd Strike.

I sure do want to four strike those mofos and their kickstarter scam.

It's not that they never bothered with rollback or GGPO (even though they got the stretch goal for that), but that they completely abandoned the PC game to focus entirely on arcade-only revisions. And supposedly (I wouldn't know) the game continues to be poo poo even there.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Zand posted:

i like Petra

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

chumbler posted:

4rd Strike.

i genuinely thought this was a typo. what the gently caress.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

dr.acula posted:

How do people deal with having to use items in MK11 towers while using a fight stick?

Oh poo poo, I never thought of that.

My stick (and I'd assume several others) have a switch that lets you toggle between the D-Pad, and the two analog sticks, but doing that in the middle of a fight is not really viable. I guess that's another reason why it's better to play MK11 with a pad.

That said, one of the things I learned when looking up videos on MK11 grinding was that having a stick with turbo worked well for grinding towers if you enable AI fighters (since, unless it's changed, you need to hit confirm at the end of every match).

Are there any tips/tricks for grinding coins and other currencies for MK11? The videos I watched were from Maximilian Dood, but they were back from 2019, so I don't know if the info is still relevant. His strategy was to take Noob Saibot, set the AI to all combos and rushdown, and then let the AI try and tackle the towers.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Endorph posted:

the hosed up thing is the phrasing 'eternally 15 at heart' means shes an adult, thats a joke that some female entertainers do as they get older. like in idolmaster theres a girl who jokes about being eternally 17 and the whole gag is shes actually 27.

man, at least aim for eternally 21, being a teen sucks

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1389422812050432001
Lol.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

God their game is gonna suck and also sell 10m copies

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would pick Weiss I guess? Thats a whole bunch of character designs that do nothing for me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Barudak posted:

I would pick Weiss I guess? Thats a whole bunch of character designs that do nothing for me.
tbf theyre better in motion. scharlachlot has cool chain combos and stuff. and nazuna rides a giant scarred wolf.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Edward John Boon's next game is gonna be fun and I'll probably enjoy it.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

anime was right posted:

Probably yeah. I'd much rather see mvc4 to be honest.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

christ

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

anime was right posted:

The single player story mode might be good?

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
*extremely stupid idiot dumbass who has brain damage voice* better take this ed boon tweet at face value

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Ryaomon posted:

*extremely stupid idiot dumbass who has brain damage voice* better take this ed boon tweet at face value

Theres several credible rumors of them making a marvel game rn

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Ed Boon also likes to make teasey tweets about rumors when he knows they're not true. It's kind of his thing.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

NRS continues to produce garbage. Who could have expected such a development.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

NRS continues to produce garbage. Who could have expected such a development.

Didn't know NRS was in charge of your posts

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That reminds me, what happened to the ASW/8ing Dungeon Fighter game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

That reminds me, what happened to the ASW/8ing Dungeon Fighter game?

What do you mean what happened to it? They announced it, said "more to come later" and it hasn't been "later" yet