Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Brawnfire posted:

Heated colas go flat, right? Or are these effervescent?

They become fizzier with heat because of how carbonation works. Don't ask me anymore this is half-remembered information from my high school chemistry for dummies (chemistry in the community aka chemcom) class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

If they're actually fizzy I might change my mind, I've always envisioned this stuff like hot cola syrup

Edit: speaking of which, did anybody else's grandma give them cola syrup when they were sick or was that just me? I'll never get the combination of flat cola flavor and sick out of my memory.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I drank a opened can of diet dr pepper once that had been sitting in my car during the florida summer for several hours.

It wasn't good.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I would’ve never guessed that hot Dr. Pepper was a valid thing and not some insanity from 50 years ago.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I drank a opened can of diet dr pepper once that had been sitting in my car during the florida summer for several hours.

It wasn't good.

I once did this with a can of Mountain Dew I found while cleaning out my car in the summer. I hesitate to call the taste “bad” exactly, it was more like my mouth was extremely confused and didn’t understand in any way what was happening.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Better than going for your cool, refreshing coke by the beach, and getting warm dip-spit instead.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Dewgy posted:

I once did this with a can of Mountain Dew I found while cleaning out my car in the summer. I hesitate to call the taste “bad” exactly, it was more like my mouth was extremely confused and didn’t understand in any way what was happening.

I was very thirsty for anything that wasn't alcohol, it definitely tasted horrible based on my expectations and made me feel worse overall, it was bad.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Elviscat posted:

Better than going for your cool, refreshing coke by the beach, and getting warm dip-spit instead.

Or a bee, like I got one time

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

When I was little my dad would drink a ton of coke/diet coke and I wanted to have it too, so as a compromise my mom would mix it with milk and give it to me.

I would drink it because I was a toddler who didn't know better but thinking about it now it is pretty disgusting.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Välte hatten i Berts cola-au-lait.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Cartoon Man posted:

I would’ve never guessed that hot Dr. Pepper was a valid thing and not some insanity from 50 years ago.

Ah yes, 50 years ago, the seventies.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

hallo spacedog posted:

When I was little my dad would drink a ton of coke/diet coke and I wanted to have it too, so as a compromise my mom would mix it with milk and give it to me.

I would drink it because I was a toddler who didn't know better but thinking about it now it is pretty disgusting.

Coke, milk, and coffee is delicious, though.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

angerbeet posted:

Ah yes, 50 years ago, the seventies.

The seventies, a decade known for being ordinary and reasonable

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

hallo spacedog posted:

How on earth did it not curdle?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Polyseme posted:

Coke, milk, and coffee is delicious, though.

I once accidentally bought root beer milk. It is not delicious in coffee. I ended up pouring it down the drain.

I wanted coffee milk (gold lid) but grabbed root beer (clear lid).

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Who is drinking cotton candy milk and why

Edit: I wonder the same thing about the mint chocolate milk I see at the store, some real sick fuckers out there

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Remember Squirt? I do. Especially the time a whole bunch of ants got into a half-empty one before I went to finish it off back when I was like ten years old.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Daktar posted:

How on earth did it not curdle?

It did, it's disgusting. Especially the diet coke ones.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Brawnfire posted:

Edit: I wonder the same thing about the mint chocolate milk I see at the store, some real sick fuckers out there

I'd drink the milk chocolate milk (a little bit, anyway), but I think children must be the cotton candy target demographic.

Shatto also has red velvet, cookies and cream (this one is good), pumpkin spice eggnog, and banana, and then they have powders you can add to your own milk: Orange Dream, Vanilla, Strawberry, Blueberry and Cinnamon Roll.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I want to see them make dark chocolate milk. Milk that doesn't taste like milk.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
one time i poured some Bailey's into a glass that had i had drank something acidic out of previously, didn't even think about it. i tried to drink it anyway, do not recommend.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Good old cement mixer.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I used to ask for orange juice mixed with milk, because my mom said "no" when I asked for it, well she finally gave it to me, and to her horror I drank it.

Itxs texturally unsettling, but tastes fine.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I tried putting coffee creamer in coke once. It was okay. Not bad but not something I’d try again. Tasted vaguely ice creamish at least

The real thing that freaks people out when I do it is hot sauce in the coffee

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

Have you never drank the milk after a few bowls of lucky charms?

Seriously, if you haven't, get on that asap.

Clone Farmer
Aug 28, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

My (54 year old) husband loves cotton candy and also loves drinking milk. This seems right up his alley.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Have you never drank the milk after a few bowls of lucky charms?

Seriously, if you haven't, get on that asap.

...a FEW bowls?

robotheist
Dec 31, 2007
There used to be a coffee shop here in Kansas City that used that root beer milk for a chai latte and it was...good. I also enjoyed the cotton candy milk the one time I tried it because I am trash.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Grilled halloumi cheese is amazing. Has anyone ever put in on a burger?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Gromit posted:

My dude, there are entire burgers made out of halloumi.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
America is a land of wonder.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

They become fizzier with heat because of how carbonation works. Don't ask me anymore this is half-remembered information from my high school chemistry for dummies (chemistry in the community aka chemcom) class

Pretty sure being fizzier means the co2 is leaving faster, so it would go flat sooner.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

FFT posted:

Remember Squirt? I do. Especially the time a whole bunch of ants got into a half-empty one before I went to finish it off back when I was like ten years old.

Squirt is some good poo poo, I might have to grab a case tomorrow now that someone mentioned it.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Gromit posted:

Most fancy burger places in australia have 3 options when it comes to vego burgers; mushroom, veggie pattie or haloumi. I could have sworn that Grill'd did have a haloumi burger but that appear to have swung hard into the beyond meat patties so their old options are gone but I know that used to have it.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

vego... veggie

No Australia stop go home you're drunk

Re: halloumi, op you're extremely late to the party, the UK was the biggest importer and consumer of halloumi at least a decade ago, except I think recently I read that China was starting to get a taste for it and the demand for it has kinda hosed up the whole economy on Cyprus such that if you're not producing halloumi you're worthless.

Nando's vegetarian option was grilled mushroom and halloumi wraps/burgers back when I lived in the UK and was a vegetarian student over 10 years ago. I don't think it's the best in burgers though, you want a more melty cheese. Grilled halloumi is delicious but pairs best with something else sweet/moist to offset the salty chewiness.

Butterfly Valley has a new favorite as of 11:50 on May 4, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dabir posted:

Pretty sure being fizzier means the co2 is leaving faster, so it would go flat sooner.

I mean yeah, but it's not like it's going to go flat in 30 seconds

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Halloumi burgers are really common in the UK. Even Burger King has them as a standard menu item.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Halloumi was everywhere last time I was in Sweden (about 2 years ago)

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gotta be careful with baked slugs yeah