Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Ferrinus posted:

you do it because your freedom of speech is more important to you than working class unity. you're willing to sacrifice the latter if you get mad enough, but not the former

oh my god shut up dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Ferrinus posted:

this is a bit rich coming from a guy who's immolated himself in the name of free speech twice now, never mind the capitalist ideological construction of disability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

I know youve evolved an entire forums personality around willfully misinterpreting everything but that's not what I post the 'hard r' for. I do it because the mods made those really cringy and embarsssing rules posts about how they're Making A Stand Against Toxicity but the only time anyone gets punished is when you make fun of them or their friends. Unfortunately the dang mods are so self centered they didn't realize the timeline of when I started saying it all the time.

i was going to explain this to the mod when they came by, help em out but i chose against it lol. you can lead a horse to water...

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

I know youve evolved an entire forums personality around willfully misinterpreting everything but that's not what I post the 'hard r' for. I do it because the mods made those really cringy and embarsssing rules posts about how they're Making A Stand Against Toxicity but the only time anyone gets punished is when you make fun of them or their friends. Unfortunately the dang mods are so self centered they didn't realize the timeline of when I started saying it all the time.

lol how full of poo poo can you be dude. literally "my master plan" monologuing about using slurs

you started saying that all the time after you got called out too hard for calling people f--gots constantly way back in uh... 2018

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

you can lead a horse to water...

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Larry Parrish posted:

Larry's right

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Flavius Aetass posted:

lol how full of poo poo can you be dude. literally "my master plan" monologuing about using slurs

you started saying that all the time after you got called out too hard for calling people f--gots constantly way back in uh... 2018

why are you doing this

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

https://twitter.com/BlkHmmrTimes/status/1389410387955683331

absolutely incredible

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Centrist Committee posted:

why are you doing this

read my post?

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

when one day you are demodded and banned, your epitath will read "here lies one whose name was writ in piss"

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Flavius Aetass posted:

read my post?

what does this have to do with marxism, communism, or organizing

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

what does this have to do with marxism, communism, or organizing

I'm replying to another post itt how do you not get that

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This isn’t an example of a “puppet master” post at all. How can you know anything about posting and get that wrong

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

love da mods

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I think I originally said the squad would do it again in 5 days. I apologize for that, it was 6.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Flavius Aetass posted:

I'm replying to another post itt how do you not get that

can you maybe post something relevant to the thread?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

can you maybe post something relevant to the thread?

To let things slide for the sake of peace and friendship when a person has clearly gone wrong, and refrain from principled argument because he is an old acquaintance, a fellow townsman, a schoolmate, a close friend, a loved one, an old colleague or old subordinate. Or to touch on the matter lightly instead of going into it thoroughly, so as to keep on good terms. The result is that both the organization and the individual are harmed. This is one type of liberalism.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Flavius Aetass posted:

To let things slide for the sake of peace and friendship when a person has clearly gone wrong, and refrain from principled argument because he is an old acquaintance, a fellow townsman, a schoolmate, a close friend, a loved one, an old colleague or old subordinate. Or to touch on the matter lightly instead of going into it thoroughly, so as to keep on good terms. The result is that both the organization and the individual are harmed. This is one type of liberalism.

eat a gigantic bag of poo poo

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

go back to the trump thread with the other fail mods and revel in never having made a single insightful, funny or even interesting post

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Fortaleza posted:

This isn’t an example of a “puppet master” post at all. How can you know anything about posting and get that wrong

i think i hit the wrong post but who cares he'll be back in less than a day

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Slanderer posted:

go back to the trump thread with the other fail mods and revel in never having made a single insightful, funny or even interesting post

i made a good pun about masturbating ghosts

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
just stop doing things, you mods are all terrible at it

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle posted:

a good name for ghosts that possess folks to masturbate would be, jackin dybbuks

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

hmmm

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better
wait did horchata really die

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Squizzle posted:

i made a good pun about masturbating ghosts

and for your next trick are you gonna barge into a thread to compare a poster who is mean to your low iq crew to taintrunner?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Slanderer posted:

and for your next trick are you gonna barge into a thread to compare a poster who is mean to your low iq crew to taintrunner?

maybe tomorrow. its like 2am now

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
the fact that you weren't demodded for barging into a thread to explicitly compare an unfairly banned poster to a rapist is an embarrassment to this already-dogshit forum, jesus christ

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

This thread and it’s quality of posts and posters is harmed by you and your fellow chat thread mods. “gone wrong” my rear end. All larry has done is use a bad word to point out how y’all don’t actually say, act or mean anything in any worthwhile way.

He could and would be a good contributor here, and the only thing stopping that from happening is you and your e-friends who can’t seem to get the message that you aren’t wanted. You see the pattern of discontent welling up whenever this comes up and think “ah, predictable” and think it’s a problem with the posters speaking up, never giving a second thought about how why your actions beget the whole thing. And do know why? Because you are deeply, deeply stupid people.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

praxis. praxis. all of this is praxis

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat lol. feel bad for the people about to sink months (years?) of their lives into that land before the inevitable implosion

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Give this thread an IK to probate ferrinus when he get’s the poster’s equivalent of when a corgi gets the “zoomies” and have the mods gently caress off from it entirely and it’ll be just fine.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

Yeah, “rich soil”, oof. Hope they temper their expectations and make a good go of it. Looks like they got a pretty solid source of fresh water at least.

infra-materialist thought will make the soil rich

e: poo poo this is the thread i just lurk in not shitpost in, and at a real cool time, great, cool. real embarrassing.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 07:52 on May 4, 2021

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HA! on yo rear end!

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Fortaleza posted:

This thread and it’s quality of posts and posters is harmed by you and your fellow chat thread mods. “gone wrong” my rear end. All larry has done is use a bad word to point out how y’all don’t actually say, act or mean anything in any worthwhile way.

He could and would be a good contributor here, and the only thing stopping that from happening is you and your e-friends who can’t seem to get the message that you aren’t wanted. You see the pattern of discontent welling up whenever this comes up and think “ah, predictable” and think it’s a problem with the posters speaking up, never giving a second thought about how why your actions beget the whole thing. And do know why? Because you are deeply, deeply stupid people.

the "pattern of discontent" you're talking about is like five people who don't actually contribute to this thread otherwise. actually as far as i can recall neither does larry; i assume he must make good posts somewhere to have such an ardent following but the only way i can tell him apart from other once-in-a-blue-moon posters in this thread is that he's become the rally flag for this nonsense

ultimately i don't get what you're complaining about. all larry has done is use a bad word. all the mods have done is probate him for using a bad word. so it goes. the wheel turns. it's a little weird that you don't care that he used a bad word, though. there are lots of other ways he could have petulantly acted out that wouldn't have involved using ableist language, like he could have defiantly leeched an image or posted goatse or something. why do you keep trying to sweep the specific thing he did do under the rug?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Ferrinus posted:

the "pattern of discontent" you're talking about is like five people who don't actually contribute to this thread otherwise. actually as far as i can recall neither does larry; i assume he must make good posts somewhere to have such an ardent following but the only way i can tell him apart from other once-in-a-blue-moon posters in this thread is that he's become the rally flag for this nonsense

ultimately i don't get what you're complaining about. all larry has done is use a bad word. all the mods have done is probate him for using a bad word. so it goes. the wheel turns. it's a little weird that you don't care that he used a bad word, though. there are lots of other ways he could have petulantly acted out that wouldn't have involved using ableist language, like he could have defiantly leeched an image or posted goatse or something. why do you keep trying to sweep the specific thing he did do under the rug?

shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Ferrinus posted:

stop being such a teacher's pet, please