Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I'm reinstalling Titanfall 2 for the 5th time to play on May 1st. let's get some Bounty Hunt going booooyz!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

MarshyMcFly posted:

On an unrelated note, when are they going to add more class abilities? Recon is the only class that gets a bonus, the rest of the class types are meaningless.

Let Loba + anyone else in the Support category open the extra compartment in blue bins.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Relyssa posted:

Let Loba + anyone else in the Support category open the extra compartment in blue bins.

also and this is more a product of pubbing too much, give every class who can some stupid minor thing when you hit a survey beacon. they don't all need to be as powerful as path's obviously but pubbie pathfinders actually ping beacons without extensive wrangling. half an ult accel effect. something.

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

Relyssa posted:

I've been saying this for a while. theme the items you get out after whoever opens it

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

give defensive legends the ability to fortify doors like rainbow six siege

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

repiv posted:

give defensive legends the ability to fortify doors like rainbow six siege

But that's poor Rampart's ability already

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

gently caress YEA!
Protocol 2!

SteelMentor posted:

Dehumanise yourself and just play Apex.

That's the problem. After TF2 everything feels physically painfully slow. Even apex. And I'm day1 apex player.
Frequenting this sub for good reads and occasional dogstile vids.

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 30, 2021

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Erulisse posted:

PSA
so for once :reddit: was useful and people over there organised a large gathering on may 1st to play tf2, to show Respawn that tf2 players care and want tf3 and we're not just making GBS threads on apex.
So, if anyone wants to enjoy some hawt tf2 action, hop on in may 1st. Will be fun.

Jokes on me I'm already playing TF2.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Erulisse posted:

That's the problem. After TF2 everything feels physically painfully slow. Even apex. And I'm day1 apex player.
Frequenting this sub for good reads and occasional dogstile vids.

I should probably stop playing Enlisted and get back to it :v:

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

I made it to diamond for the first time ever! Hell yea give me that dive trail!

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

MarshyMcFly posted:

I made it to diamond for the first time ever! Hell yea give me that dive trail!

welcome to the exclusive clubbe
i started this season with ambitions to solo to master :(
instead i just hit D4 twice, at least i get a cool animated badge for my troubles

Lexusbeat
Jul 8, 2008
Ground up to diamond and I'm looking forward to not using my dive trial at all in arenas most of the season

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Got to level 110 with a single day left. I'm never again buying a pass that late into the season ever again.

Re: the patch notes, I was sorta expecting them to get rid of sniper stocks and instead just having every weapon use the same stock. No, I'm not bitter about only ever finding sniper stocks.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

Azran posted:

Got to level 110 with a single day left. I'm never again buying a pass that late into the season ever again.

Re: the patch notes, I was sorta expecting them to get rid of sniper stocks and instead just having every weapon use the same stock. No, I'm not bitter about only ever finding sniper stocks.

in cruel irony the marksman category will also have a new stock type... (jk).

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1389233638303313921

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
That Rampart skin is awesome, and all the banner frames are cool as hell, Caustic's especially. Pretty good weapon skins too. Solid enough pass this time around.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Downloaded but havent played yet, how solo friendly is this game? I'm 32 and so are all my friends, so it's literally impossible for us to ever get time together :froggonk:

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
Guessing the new update/season will drop around 1 or 2 PM EST?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Danaru posted:

Downloaded but havent played yet, how solo friendly is this game? I'm 32 and so are all my friends, so it's literally impossible for us to ever get time together :froggonk:

it's fine unless you want to advance in platinum ranked, ping system handles 95% of cases so you don't feel obligated to VC, pubs surprisingly tend to be non-toxic for an FPS

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Danaru posted:

I think you’d have more fun with goonfriends than solo matchmaking with randos.

Check the OP. We have a discord which we use to get into games together.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Danaru posted:

It's more than fine for duos or trios if you don't want to sweat. It will get harder solo in comp since the lobbies will have more 3 stacks grinding the further up the ladder you go.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Danaru posted:

It's fine. I'd much rather play apex solo than just about any other FPS I can think of. It can still get frustrating at times because it is very common to have teammates that die immediately and leave the game without giving you any chance to get them back up, but eh. Queue times are super fast, if the game sucked you go again.

The ping system is great and was designed with no mic usage in mind, so even with randoms you can have a decent enough level of communication.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Come to the discord many of us are older than you, you baby

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe
Can confirm the discord is active and the experienced players are friendly to old dudes with poor reflexes.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
I gave up on Diamond this season and just rolled face in Trios for a while with Mozambique hammerpoints. I love Mozambique hammerpoints. My new favourite gun is Mozambique hammerpoints. They've removing Mozambique hammerpoints.

:(

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Someone needs to teach me the difference between throwing Fuse's Q at people and Throwing Loba's Q at people cause my muscle memory is getting me killed.

Edit: Also playing Loba is getting me killed by using Ults automatically and forgetting im not placing a Black Market.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Cefte posted:

I gave up on Diamond this season and just rolled face in Trios for a while with Mozambique hammerpoints. I love Mozambique hammerpoints. My new favourite gun is Mozambique hammerpoints. They've removing Mozambique hammerpoints.

If you told me at launch that I'd have the best round of my entire playtime as Gibraltar maining the Mozambique, I would have laughed at you. But that's exactly what happened this season, thanks to hammerpoints!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

occluded posted:

Can confirm the discord is active and the experienced players are friendly to old dudes with poor reflexes.

Every time I think I'm old, I'm really glad that I can just count on you guys in the discord to keep mentioning that you're all mostly in your 30's :v:

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqfBBYYaVP8

okay so valk jetpack is a toggle. also the macross missiles shoot out right away, barely any delay compared to gibby/bang, and there's no markers for the enemy to see. that's very strong

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 4, 2021

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

yea she looks ridiculous, and the lead dev posted on reddit recently that he thinks they've got her coming in maybe too strong

also seems they learned from rampart, she's the lowest pick legend and going forward they want to bring legends in too strong if not balanced; old discussions about tuning for monetization aside it does appear that it's probably better to release new characters in games too strong then dial back than too weak which kills them from getting traction with the community

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Wheeee posted:

yea she looks ridiculous, and the lead dev posted on reddit recently that he thinks they've got her coming in maybe too strong

also seems they learned from rampart, she's the lowest pick legend and going forward they want to bring legends in too strong if not balanced; old discussions about tuning for monetization aside it does appear that it's probably better to release new characters in games too strong then dial back than too weak which kills them from getting traction with the community

I love rampart, but why would anyone want to play her, when the last 3 legends have AoE specials?

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Wheeee posted:

it's probably better to release new characters in games too strong then dial back

That only works if you actually do the dialing back in a reasonable timeframe, otherwise you end up with one legend being absolutely dominant for two whole seasons.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Rampart is secretly top tier, but good luck ever getting your hyperactive random squadmates to ever slow down and use the walls instead of running after every gunshot noise until they get 9th partied.

She also hugely benefits from having a Gibraltar teammate for making forward bases once poo poo goes down, or a Caustic teammate to dissuade people from zombie rushing your barriers.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 4, 2021

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
competent squads will just instantly delete the amped cover, then all you're left with is ankle high cover

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
While the amped cover can and should be destroyed whenever possible, that is still time they are exposing themselves to waste ammo and reload time on a object you can just keep throwing out or stacking a second wall directly behind it and in extreme late game circles it can get to the point where you might not have the ammo to waste on something that is costing the other team no resources except a short cooldown.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Her wall is nice but her passive and ult suck compared to the legends that actually break the game with theirs.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The passive is alright in a meta where spitfire is the most popular gun.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
So basically Valk, in exchange for not having a combat ult, gets two tacticals, huh.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Had a ridiculous round in Duos tonight, with me and zomborgon getting 13 kills between us and me nabbing the final kill.

This sounds very impressive if not for the fact that, like, 9 of those kills were basically us getting stumbled on by another team, barely winning that teamfight, then while healing back up asking each other "do you think anybody's going to go chasing after the sounds of our gunfight?" The answer was always yes, and always like 30 seconds after the last fight until the second to last ring, where the rest of the teams decided to just kinda camp. Except, well, badly.

The second-to-last team fight happened when zombo got domed by a kraber and the other team decided to rush our position. But they were way on the other side of the ring and they hesitated just long enough for me to pick him up and for him to use a phoenix kit, so that ended poorly for them.

The last team fight was basically me and zombo going, well, we're out of the final ring and there's just one hut, and there's no way the last team isn't there so let's just go say hi and see how things shake out.

It still took like a full minute despite the very small building and me knocking down one of the last people on the other team right away thanks to me faffing about and the last player, a Horizon, being kind of annoying to track down while she bounced around the hut.

On paper our stats looked very impressive and no footage exists to demonstrate just how clownshoes that entire round actually was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
me and my friends managed to climb into Diamond, and since there's no rank demotions, we've just been queuing in ranked to just... be kinda shitlords. We'll join a hot drop, locate someone who splits off from their party, and then all land on the guy and punch him to deathbox. Then we either hang around to fight or flee with our lives.

It's a bit of trolling on random poor sods but at the same time the trade off is that we're easy targets and basically 3 free RP kills/assists if someone manages to take us out.

Anyways, to cap off season 8, in one of our last games for the night, we unwittingly land on TSM ImperialHal's team (we are attracted to Predator trails) and mug the poo poo out of his teammate Baronful. We had a great time laughing about it, but then I went to go checkout Baronful's stream to grab his POV clip... but he turns out to be a wholesome streamer so now I have been converted into a fan.