Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

twistedmentat posted:

And then you have the girl. I guess Echo is the girl of the bad batch?

Well in my joke, Echo was the Venus. But I guess Omega makes better sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There’s Omega, the new kid character introduced in the premiere. She’s presumably a female Jango clone.

I'd prefer not to have a show I've been looking forward to not be spoiled before it airs. Don't be an rear end in a top hat.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I too am confused that they didn't name her Jenga

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'd prefer not to have a show I've been looking forward to not be spoiled before it airs. Don't be an rear end in a top hat.

To be fair, I don't think there's any information about who she actually is, only speculation based on the trailers.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Robot Style posted:

To be fair, I don't think there's any information about who she actually is, only speculation based on the trailers.

Yeah, I wasn’t spoiling poo poo, it’s pure speculation. Hence the “presumably”.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/JR_Bartok/status/1389325117423964160
It's nice to have Star Wars to watch again

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I agree, can't wait for Detours.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Cut the Y out of the XY, copy and paste the X, bam an XX clone

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

A female clone? In my all male Grand Army of the Republic?

It's more likely than you think.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Sup fellow nerds I'm excited

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

McSpanky posted:

Cut the Y out of the XY, copy and paste the X, bam an XX clone

I mean yeah if you did that she'd likely fit right in with the bad batch.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
It’s magic space alien cloning powered by plot, they can probably do and change whatever the gently caress they want with Jango’s genome.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s magic space alien cloning powered by plot, they can probably do and change whatever the gently caress they want with Jango’s genome.

Beneficial genetic mutation/alteration from standard jango template is what the bad batch is, so yeah.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh hey Caleb Dume!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pretty sure Hunter's whole thing is an obvious reference to Rambo.

The Ninja Turtles reference might be easy but there's probably a reason for that; they're a balanced team of complementary specialties.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Was Crosshair dressed like a Clone version of the Death Troopers near the end?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

twistedmentat posted:

Was Crosshair dressed like a Clone version of the Death Troopers near the end?

The helmet's different, although it's got the same green visor so maybe it's an early version.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Radio! posted:

The helmet's different, although it's got the same green visor so maybe it's an early version.

Yea that's what I guessed. I can totally see Death Troopers coming from Crosshair.

That was real good. I didn't really care about their part of the Clone Wars last season stuff, but I think that's because i just wanted to see Mandalore stuff. Are all the episodes going to be an hour long?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Hey, that was pretty decent. Wrecker is still kind of obnoxious though.

Guesses for who Hunter was talking about at the end? I know Rex is in the trailers, but right now as far as 99 knows he’s just another reg who’s been programmed. What’s Cut Lawquane up to?

Also, is Billaba’s death scene the first big explicit retcon of the Disney era? It’s way different from the Order 66 scene in the Kanan comic.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Yea that's what I guessed. I can totally see Death Troopers coming from Crosshair.

That was real good. I didn't really care about their part of the Clone Wars last season stuff, but I think that's because i just wanted to see Mandalore stuff. Are all the episodes going to be an hour long?

It didn't help that their CW episodes were superbad, just the biggest po-faced 80s toy ad cliches without any attempt to build character or make them seem more interesting than their high concept gimmicks.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

As someone who never bothered with the other Star Wars animated series will this be accessible for me? Or is it more of a sequel to those?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

stev posted:

As someone who never bothered with the other Star Wars animated series will this be accessible for me? Or is it more of a sequel to those?

Yes and kinda. The series will definitely pull in characters from the other shows over time, but the main squad is basically brand new for this show. They had an intro arc in The Clone Wars, but this premiere episode tells you pretty much all you need to know about them.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

twistedmentat posted:

Oh hey Caleb Dume!

That was basically my reaction as well.

Is the next episode dropping on Friday like they normally would? Also, are they all gonna be an hour or do we not know yet what the normal run time will be?

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Man Dave Filoni has done it again! An interesting start to the series, if a bit predictable. I wonder if the Bad Batch will end up covering everything between The Clone Wars and Rebels.

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Guesses for who Hunter was talking about at the end? I know Rex is in the trailers, but right now as far as 99 knows he’s just another reg who’s been programmed. What’s Cut Lawquane up to?

My slightly out there guess is Boba. He’s the only other clone without programming.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

MildShow posted:

My slightly out there guess is Boba. He’s the only other clone without programming.

Also the deserter from CW season 2

Also prediction:

Omega is force sensitive with minor precog powers.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Calling it now, Kaminoans are totally getting Vader'd

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Also, is Billaba’s death scene the first big explicit retcon of the Disney era? It’s way different from the Order 66 scene in the Kanan comic.

Nah, they also changed Cobb Vanth's backstory from Aftermath around a bit for Mando S2. (edit: also TCW S7 had a completely different depiction of the Siege of Mandalore than what was in the Ahsoka book)

Honestly they probably should just reestablish the canon tiers, it's super clear that movies/shows take precedence over everything else at this point.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 4, 2021

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
That was a very good first episode. No idea what the show is really going to be about though in the long run.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Thom12255 posted:

That was a very good first episode. No idea what the show is really going to be about though in the long run.

The idea of them having to fill out 16 episodes on this premise both intrigues and worries me. I guess we'll see.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Thom12255 posted:

If I had to guess the show will about how the empire phases out the clones for conscripts

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ok, that turned me around on them - that was a pretty good episode. I've always loved clone centric arcs and the lunch room brawl was a perfect look into things.

RE: Intro
I totally forgot Kanaan was called Caleb but it was the same drat voice in a child which was a bit weird, lol. Pretty cool little cameo (? maybe we'll see em again in this show).

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Well, I can forget any reservations I had, because I loved that. Really great.

Vintersorg posted:

I totally forgot Kanaan was called Caleb but it was the same drat voice in a child which was a bit weird, lol. Pretty cool little cameo (? maybe we'll see em again in this show).

It was definitely still Freddie Prinze, Jr., though he was trying to have a slightly higher voice than usual. If he was a series regular, it wouldn't work, but as a one off appearance, eh, I appreciated it.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Omega mimicking all of Hunter's posture and movements was absolutely adorable.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

Ok, that turned me around on them - that was a pretty good episode. I've always loved clone centric arcs and the lunch room brawl was a perfect look into things.

I think they actually changed his voice just a tad bit and some kids can have their adult voices early on but it’s all genetics.

fartknocker posted:

That was basically my reaction as well.

Is the next episode dropping on Friday like they normally would? Also, are they all gonna be an hour or do we not know yet what the normal run time will be?

Yes the next episode with be this Friday but I believe they said each episode from here on will be about thirty minutes long before the credits roll.

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

Great stuff. Nice touch how their clone force number is 66 upside down.

Spookydonut posted:

Also prediction:

Omega is force sensitive with minor precog powers.

Or empathic abilities. I think either could explain things like knowing Crosshair was affected, knowing Wrecker wanted the doll, and signaling simultaneously with Hunter.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I read a review talking about how likely it was that this show will follow the same trajectory as the other Filoni animated series: the first season will be a bit twee, mostly focusing on the kid having unrelated adventures and setting up the group dynamic with a bit of backstory sprinkled in. Then in the last part of season one and into season two (assuming there is one and honestly why wouldn't there be) the show will kick it up a notch and get a lot more dark and series.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not a bad start, so what’s the release schedule for this series? Every Friday?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Larryb posted:

Not a bad start, so what’s the release schedule for this series? Every Friday?

Correct, starting this Friday.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Hey, that was pretty decent. Wrecker is still kind of obnoxious though.

It’ll probably be Cut because he’s on Saleucami, which is in the Sector J-19 that Hunter mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cross-Section posted:

Calling it now, Kaminoans are totally getting Vader'd

I'm pretty sure that's what happened in the EU.