Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

If Hitchcock directed Psycho today it would be a very different movie because he died 40 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
If Shakespeare were alive today he would love, wait wtf

gently caress you inceltown, and gently caress your buttons this thread has a meaning and it's not that

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

gently caress you inceltown, and gently caress your buttons this thread has a meaning and it's not that

it is now

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It'd still be a great movie but it would have that weird background thing you're always slightly aware of, like Tarantino's foot fetish except about brains

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Shitposts are stored in the balls.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

thoughts are stored in the brain balls

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I have a comparison that makes me feel old but it's about Star Trek so I'm not gonna share it because it'd make me sound like a nerd

Lobok posted:

Sure hope the comparison is over 18 years old.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

My great grandfather was alive during the civil war.

(I'm only 37)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

:c00lbutt:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

D-Pad posted:

(I'm only 37)

My great grandfather fought in the civil war.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
My great grandfather works at Nintendo.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

My great grandfather died at Nintendo.

Fell off a factory.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Nintendo runs Foxconn?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Inceltown posted:

If Hitchcock directed Psycho today it would be a very different movie because he died 40 years ago.

It also never would've happened because he would've been canceled for being a creepy prick awhile ago.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Does his boss have to blow him to get him working?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

iwentdoodie posted:

It also never would've happened because he would've been canceled for being a creepy prick awhile ago.

It's great that you think that. Never lose that optimism, kiddo

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Does his boss have to blow him to get him working?

Yeah, and boss is ur MOM

Btw your mom is a real hero of mine for being a sex-positive businesswoman and she makes great-gramps so happy :3:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Nintendo has been around for over a century.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

D-Pad posted:

(I'm only 37)

Seriouspost, when did people in your family start having babies, at age 50? I'm 37 too and my great-grandfather was born in 1890!

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

According to Wikipedia's list of videogame publishers, which is sortable by date established, the oldest videogame publisher was established in 1775.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Seriouspost, when did people in your family start having babies, at age 50? I'm 37 too and my great-grandfather was born in 1890!

my grandfather was born in 1914(we think, it was a farm in the middle of nowhere)

that almost 2/3rds of the way to the civil war right there.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

DontMockMySmock posted:

According to Wikipedia's list of videogame publishers, which is sortable by date established, the oldest videogame publisher was established in 1775.

:v: Amazing

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Marcade posted:

Nintendo runs Foxconn?

They subcontract.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

U.S. President John Tyler (b. 1790) has a living grandchild. (Definitely not living his best life at this point, but he isn't yet dead.)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pope Hilarius II posted:

It's not when they start that matters, but when they finish. If a guy is 20 years older than his wife and she keeps having babies into her 40s then it's not hard for a guy's last son to be born when he is in his 60s.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Flyball posted:

U.S. President John Tyler (b. 1790) has a living grandchild. (Definitely not living his best life at this point, but he isn't yet dead.)

It's crazy until you remember that 90 year old rich dudes have been knocking up women in their 20s since forever.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Nintendo has only been in the video game business for 1/3rd of its history (I'm counting from the release of the Color TV-Game in 1977)

christmas boots has a new favorite as of 20:53 on May 4, 2021

take_it_slow
Jul 7, 2011

Not exactly a funny quote, but a funny reason to post a banme:

Cosa Nostra Aetate at 13:40 posted:

Sagebrush posted:

the first cd i bought was a compilation of scott joplin ragtime music.

i was 2 cool 4 school
Literally me too, and I'm horrified to imagine a world in which two people chose to do that. I usually lie and say my second cd (dark side of the moon) instead.
Banme thread titled Can't deal with these forums

Cosa Nostra Aetate at 13:46 posted:

Nope

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

take_it_slow posted:

Not exactly a funny quote, but a funny reason to post a banme:

Literally me too, and I'm horrified to imagine a world in which two people chose to do that. I usually lie and say my second cd (dark side of the moon) instead.

Wow this was also the first CD I bought. Also, I'm glad that idiot banned himself because Scott Joplin is fantastic and it's a god drat shame that one of America's only actual homegrown forms of music is still given such short shrift in the cultural landscape and regarded by the jazz world as too classical, by the classical world as too jazzy, and regarded by most musicians still as "lower-class honky-tonk music" which of course goes back to the fact that it was created by black musicians and the classical world is still, as much as it pretends it's not, a white (male) supremacist cultural regime that stifles and blocks people of color and women composers from its concert halls to this very day---

er yes sorry I'll have a Smokehouse Brisket Meal with a Coke and a double order of fries oh and could I also get a cup of water for the little munchkin haha you know how they get haha kids right? haha. do you, haha, want a kid? I can just drop this one off here, it's no problem. haha please. oh god please take the child

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The Entertainer slaps tbh

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Wow this was also the first CD I bought. Also, I'm glad that idiot banned himself because Scott Joplin is fantastic and it's a god drat shame that one of America's only actual homegrown forms of music is still given such short shrift in the cultural landscape and regarded by the jazz world as too classical, by the classical world as too jazzy, and regarded by most musicians still as "lower-class honky-tonk music" which of course goes back to the fact that it was created by black musicians and the classical world is still, as much as it pretends it's not, a white (male) supremacist cultural regime that stifles and blocks people of color and women composers from its concert halls to this very day---

:hellyeah:
Also one of my first musical obsessions and the reason I turned around on my hatred of having to take piano lessons. I used to be competent playing a good half of his compositions, and there are still a handful I could mostly crank out today despite not having looked at sheet music in a decade.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Steely Dad posted:

In Australia they call that a ghillie ute

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

at least they got some commemorative hanafuda cards

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Pope Hilarius II posted:

He had my grandmother at 52, she had my mom at 43 (which was insane in early 1950s) and my mom was 32 when she had me.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Stexils posted:

zoomers: galaxy brain
me: big head mode

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

galaxy brain: DK mode

Zetsubou-san posted:

DK brain: oooooo banana

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's not when they start that matters, but when they finish.
Look we all know how babby is formed, ok?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Martman posted:

Look we all know how babby is formed, ok?

But the new generations will not, now that yahoo answers is closed :smith:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

For some context, Grigory Grabovoy is a Russian cult leader and a convicted fraud. He promised parents to resurrect their dead children, most notably those who died in the Beslan terrorist attack. He collected millions from them, and then said, basically, that their children's energy passed to the worms in their graves and that's the resurrection. He's the absolute scum, and the fact that zoomers, outside of Russia no less, use his quack reality hacks is frankly distressing.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Paladinus posted:

For some context, Grigory Grabovoy is a Russian cult leader and a convicted fraud. He promised parents to resurrect their dead children, most notably those who died in the Beslan terrorist attack. He collected millions from them, and then said, basically, that their children's energy passed to the worms in their graves and that's the resurrection. He's the absolute scum, and the fact that zoomers, outside of Russia no less, use his quack reality hacks is frankly distressing.

So you're saying he's in the running for a reincarnation of Rasputin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

jetz0r posted:

What kind of advanced math does it take to make it so that each version of GBS ranked worse than all other versions of GBS?
The best GBS was sqrt(-1)