Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Sixteen kinds of sour patch kids and no milk duds smh my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Acerbatus posted:

Maybe I was doing something wrong but synethik:

Felt very bulky and tedious. Needing to eject then reload might add challenge to a faster paced/harder game but since it's so easy it just feels like busywork.

It's very easy. The closest I came to dying was when I didn't realize alt tabbing didn't pause.

Looks ugly as hell

The aim penalty while moving makes every gun feel like poo poo.

I might give it another try but for a game people apparently like it was really unimpressive.

Did you adjust any difficulty modifiers? Also what class were you playing as? You were playing Citadel, right? What bosses did you fight on your run?

I like Synthetik a lot, but not because I think it's impressive. I like it because it serves as an homage to all my favorite shooting games released in the past 20 years, because the aesthetik really speaks to me, and because it scratches an itch for gambling I didn't know I had until I got into the game. Legend has it that the game started out as a simulator for bolt-action rifles and was developed in Game Maker. Synthetik is one of my favorite games ever and probably the only game I have put 150+ hours into since like Team Fortress 2 10 years ago.

I find Synthetik charming because of things like: the 'Annihiliator ANH-5' rifle fires 'ANH-Apocalyptic Rounds'. The game operates on a tier of absurdity I haven't seen in a video game before. Definitely not trying to convince you your opinion is bad but I'm interested in hearing more about it!

mkvltra fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 4, 2021

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Subnautica is honestly not as bad as everyone makes it sound, as someone who thought they were reasonably afraid of the open ocean. There are not that many fish that will come hunting you if you don't go out of your way to bother them, especially in the starting areas which are shallow and bright and have good visibility. By the time you make your way into the deeper, darker areas, you should have vehicles that offer some protection (psychologically, at least), equipment that makes it easier to avoid or repel attackers, and a better understanding of how the game's systems and AI work and how to minimize risk.

It's never not slightly unnerving just from being in an unknown alien environment and watching your meters tick down, but it's not, like, Five Nights at Freddy's.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Weird question but does anyone know what happened to Infinitum? He kinda disappeared?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Real hurthling! posted:

Monstrum nox owns extremely hard
Put it above celcetta
My main problem with IX is that it is a step back from VIII in pretty much every aspect and just wound up being pretty forgettable in terms of setting and characters. Celceta by comparison was a pretty significant improvement over the previous game (Seven) and has a lot more historical interest to me given the versions of Ys IV that existed prior, which admittedly doesn't make it a better game but it's a thing about that I can think about and think "that's neat" compared to IX which just makes me think "I wish this was the previous game".

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Stadia product head John Justice has left Google

:rip:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Stadia is my favorite console because of how much it's made me laugh.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Did he not see the search bar feature?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Stadia is my favorite console because of how much it's made me laugh.

The "Gutfield!" of gaming consoles

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna post one of my fave Ys songs. It's pretty rad as the penultimate boss music but I think what really does it for me is how it starts up with synth seagull noises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzfodAERwuU

Walla posted:

Weird question but does anyone know what happened to Infinitum? He kinda disappeared?

I hope they're doing okay. Same with Stux and Oddium, haven't seen them around for a while.

Who else is missing? I apologize to those I've forgotten but I hope they're all doing okay.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 4, 2021

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I know they called it Stadia because that is the plural of Stadium, but you could honestly fit everyone who owned it into just half of one Stadium.

Though you would need a few stadia to hold everyone laughing at it.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I know they called it Stadia because that is the plural of Stadium, but you could honestly fit everyone who owned it into just half of one Stadium.

Though you would need a few stadia to hold everyone laughing at it.

Ultimately it probably provided less entertainment than that fake story about a giant lasagne being baked at Wembley Stadium

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

I wanna post one of my fave Ys songs. It's pretty rad as the penultimate boss music but I think what really does it for me is how it starts up with synth seagull noises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzfodAERwuU

Ernst is drat good, but I like the end boss music best--even if the boss itself is a cakewalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmPp7e-ncPo

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 4, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wolves: Subtitle About Midgard or Vikings: Wolves of Midgard or whatever the hell its called is a Viking themed RPG Loot grind that I cant really give more than a 7/10 but its competent enough to finish.

I wanted to talk about it because I cannot fathom how much grinding outside of story missions it expects you to do. I am level 20, the story mission I just finished is all level 25 enemies. Finishing the entire level is not enough XP to level up once. Anyway turns out you can kite the poo poo out of 90% of the bosses in the game so Im reaching a point where it might arguably be faster to grind old levels for XP versus veeeeeeery slowly chip out the bosses.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
https://twitter.com/hatersgonnahate/status/1389580793480196107

Starting to put together some iso maps for Dark Souls 1 for fun. Slow process but the levels are so well designed it's satisfying to try and disassemble them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So if Stadia Services shut down do the consoles themselves have anything on them they can be used for ro do they just transform into paperweights overnight?

Electromax posted:

https://twitter.com/hatersgonnahate/status/1389580793480196107

Starting to put together some iso maps for Dark Souls 1 for fun. Slow process but the levels are so well designed it's satisfying to try and disassemble them.

These have been absolutely wonderful and I love the ones you post around the forum.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

So if Stadia Services shut down do the consoles themselves have anything on them they can be used for ro do they just transform into paperweights overnight?

These have been absolutely wonderful and I love the ones you post around the forum.

There are no "stadia consoles" and the versions of the game stadia uses are custom linux ports only for their hardware so uh, having a paperweight would be a step up

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I thought Stadia only ran on chromecasts so if it shut off they would still be chromecasts in every other way

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

This is not a weird brag but people genuinely find Warheads to be uncomfortably sour? I wonder if that's genetic like bitter vegetables or just less experience to sour things? Time for a research paper, I'll ask my university for $1000 to buy candy.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

haveblue posted:

I thought Stadia only ran on chromecasts so if it shut off they would still be chromecasts in every other way

Sorry, was thinking of like, Stadia as a service unto itself. Amusingly though, not all chromecasts! I haven't checked lately but for a good while the latest ones didn't support stadia.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My understanding is that Stadia works on any device now that can use Google Chrome. The only hardware Google sold themselves that had support for Stadia, was Google Chromecast, and a controller that was supposedly pretty nice. Google just couldn't figure out how to make game streaming work, and they didn't put in the effort to fix the issues, on top of having a really bad marketing campaign at launch. I think Google should have gotten into the native hardware business and shipped a console that could compete with the Nintendo Switch. With Google's unlimited amount of money, they could have been a strong competitor in that space if they also worked on their own first party titles.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

This is not a weird brag but people genuinely find Warheads to be uncomfortably sour? I wonder if that's genetic like bitter vegetables or just less experience to sour things? Time for a research paper, I'll ask my university for $1000 to buy candy.

it always depended on the flavor for me. black cherry wasn't super sour but the blue raspberry ones were nuts

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

My understanding is that Stadia works on any device now that can use Google Chrome. The only hardware Google sold themselves that had support for Stadia, was Google Chromecast, and a controller that was supposedly pretty nice. Google just couldn't figure out how to make game streaming work, and they didn't put in the effort to fix the issues, on top of having a really bad marketing campaign at launch. I think Google should have gotten into the native hardware business and shipped a console that could compete with the Nintendo Switch. With Google's unlimited amount of money, they could have been a strong competitor in that space if they also worked on their own first party titles.

They didn't build their first party studio until after the game launched and had two(2!) whole teams at their peak. One led by a person who, and this is not a knock against her directly, has not shipped a game in a decade and the other is a small studio Im genuinely mad google bought and closed down because Journey to the Savage planet was a drat fun game and now a sequel is dead forever.

What I'm saying is they were never actually committed to winning that space.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Good to know people won't have useless hunks of plastic if Stadia shuts down.

As for warheads I love the sourness, but if I eat too many in a short amount of time the sourness starts to damage my tongue so I have to limit myself.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think the stadia controllers can be used as a PC controller but don't quote me on that.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Presumably if the service is closed the games people paid for on top of the monthly sub just disappear forever?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

stev posted:

Presumably if the service is closed the games people paid for on top of the monthly sub just disappear forever?

They never really owned them to begin with, heh.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

stev posted:

I guess you could try to buy a decommissioned Stadia rack and run the game off of that? Otherwise yeah.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It's going to be a spectacular shitshow when it finally happens, I imagine.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

they'll keep a couple of blades around for the ~20 people still using it after new signups are closed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nate RFB posted:

My main problem with IX is that it is a step back from VIII in pretty much every aspect and just wound up being pretty forgettable in terms of setting and characters. Celceta by comparison was a pretty significant improvement over the previous game (Seven) and has a lot more historical interest to me given the versions of Ys IV that existed prior, which admittedly doesn't make it a better game but it's a thing about that I can think about and think "that's neat" compared to IX which just makes me think "I wish this was the previous game".

The dungeons letting you climb walls and being built around verticality were awesome.
Not hitting a loading screen every 10 steps because its not a port from the vita also ruled.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Someone's documents for a non-Destiny game was that Stadia was effectively a rounding error (sub .1% of sales) so I don't know if they'll even need 20.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I don't think I could handle the game in VR though...

I played Subnautica VR and had to quit almost immediately because the constant motion is horrible oh my god

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Also stadia only works on certain chrome casts and does not work on the newest one.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Not video game related but is it just me or is microsoft edge...good??!

we use it at work and now I'm trying it at home (which is also where I work)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

it is pretty good now. it's basically just chrome with microsoft account syncing instead of google. i use it at work and it's a huge improvement over the previous version of edge with its dogshit custom rendering engine

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Help Im Alive posted:

I switched to it after something about Chrome really got on my nerves (I can't actually remember what) and it's not bad at all. If nothing else it doesn't chew through my RAM nearly as much as Chrome.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Thanks! I don't mean to spam tweets all over the place but I haven't figured out how to embed multiple images using SA's built - in hosting and going throw imgur is a pain compared to twitter. Wish Google Drive had some kind of embedded gallery support.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Did Rarity ever beat okami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Jay Rust posted:

Did Rarity ever beat okami

legend says they're still playing, every day