Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/dinominal/status/1387950780779417603

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

made a sweet rear end HBG set so I can turn my brain off and pierce shot through things, glad they brought back chain Crit as a rampage skill. The rampage skills are awesome in general, and glad they're using them to add extra Flavor to certain monster weps. This game fuggin owns I can't stop playing

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

https://twitter.com/EvilBillMurray/status/1388711325447049217?s=19

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bazelgeuse is cool lol. Also I went up to HR 17 in like three hunts

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

went from charge blade to lance. it's much more my style but man the timing on the counter peak performance equivalent is way more tight and has less invulnerability? I have no idea what skills to be on the lookout for, but it doesn't seem to matter much at HR7

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

tawal posted:

went from charge blade to lance. it's much more my style but man the timing on the counter peak performance equivalent is way more tight and has less invulnerability? I have no idea what skills to be on the lookout for, but it doesn't seem to matter much at HR7

I mean after HR7 there's not much game left. It's whatever came out in 2.0 so you might as well start building now

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Finally reached High Rank after taking it pretty slowly. Feels like the game just started.

Doesn't the now update allow you to forge layered armor? How do I get to that?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Finally reached High Rank after taking it pretty slowly. Feels like the game just started.

Doesn't the now update allow you to forge layered armor? How do I get to that?

You might need to beat High Rank.

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

i put off using the hunting horn as i thought it just looked and felt way too spastic during the demo, i played a LOT of horn in world/iceborne and just loved the slower weighty swings, and how you could be flexible with choosing your attacks depending on your position. like cracking a monster in the jaw at the very tail end of the Right Swing always felt great.

well i made a set and i don't know how i was so wrong. it's really the same horn, just a bit more peppy and with some fun new attacks to combo. popping an earthshaker in a monsters face? incredible

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

musclebusiness posted:

i put off using the hunting horn as i thought it just looked and felt way too spastic during the demo, i played a LOT of horn in world/iceborne and just loved the slower weighty swings, and how you could be flexible with choosing your attacks depending on your position. like cracking a monster in the jaw at the very tail end of the Right Swing always felt great.

well i made a set and i don't know how i was so wrong. it's really the same horn, just a bit more peppy and with some fun new attacks to combo. popping an earthshaker in a monsters face? incredible

This.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I updated my healing horn now that you can craft all the high-damage decos and I love to just jump into random HR hunts and force everyone to stay alive, but also whup rear end.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I've been trying the elder dragon RPS gimmick in online hunts. Full kit wanker in the wizard suit and Chameleos horn fighting kushala. You can probably get two or three poisons off and they last a while and make Kushala into a punching bag, also negating wind pressure for everyone etc. Just try not to look at the fail rear end numbers coming out of the monster head. Still need to finish off the other sets and branch out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Teostra set having Steal Prevention is awesome. I tried using the full Kushala set on Teo but it was also the first time I tried using HBG and it went quite bad.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

The Teostra set having Steal Prevention is awesome. I tried using the full Kushala set on Teo but it was also the first time I tried using HBG and it went quite bad.

I haven’t updated my set since the patch but the tigrex hbg built for full clusters and stickies is so awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I haven’t updated my set since the patch but the tigrex hbg built for full clusters and stickies is so awesome.

I redid a bunch of it and made a nice Pierce set for the Kushala HBG since I used it a buttload in GU and love how it looks with the extended barrel attachment.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Getting hit by a monster, wirebug falling back up, and then charging mid air with Hammer so you do this little double jump mid air and cracking the poo poo out of the monsters skull full force.... Good lord.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I haven't done a chore in weeks because of this game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Getting hit by a monster, wirebug falling back up, and then charging mid air with Hammer so you do this little double jump mid air and cracking the poo poo out of the monsters skull full force.... Good lord.

That's a goomba stomp right there.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The wirebug fall is itself a goomba stomp every single time, its such a nice mechanical way to reclaim a feeling of control in this fight. I started with World but it seems like this whole series is about your personal journey from fail rear end little cat toy gettng swatted around to ruthless serial killer with a notepad .txt file of which body parts you need to claim for your collection.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYYMl_sS72Y

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

The wirebug fall is itself a goomba stomp every single time, its such a nice mechanical way to reclaim a feeling of control in this fight. I started with World but it seems like this whole series is about your personal journey from fail rear end little cat toy gettng swatted around to ruthless serial killer with a notepad .txt file of which body parts you need to claim for your collection.

when you really learn a monster using any weapon with a counter system is like turning into dexter

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sleng Teng posted:

when you really learn a monster using any weapon with a counter system is like turning into dexter

I wish I could experience this but seemingly no matter how much effort i put in I suck complete dick with the long sword. Even if I could time the counters correctly I gently caress up the inputs half the time and roll instead of iai sheathe. Plus fade slash seems finicky and i keep burning my meter on the worst timed foresight slashes of all time. Aghhh.. If only a long sword master Imp would take me under his wing. 👀

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

net cafe scandal posted:

I wish I could experience this but seemingly no matter how much effort i put in I suck complete dick with the long sword. Even if I could time the counters correctly I gently caress up the inputs half the time and roll instead of iai sheathe. Plus fade slash seems finicky and i keep burning my meter on the worst timed foresight slashes of all time. Aghhh.. If only a long sword master Imp would take me under his wing. 👀

i think i've done like three counters successfully and didn't even know that was a thing until i'd done like 70 hunts

i'm the real monster

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Trying out the lance is a good way of learning counter styles imo.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
been laughing at the idea of my rear end rotting off due to playing this too much. but theres a realness to it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

been laughing at the idea of my rear end rotting off due to playing this too much. but theres a realness to it

I said this in another thread but I’ve beeen seeing Magnificent Trios and aerial Full Burst Slams whenever I close my eyes for weeks now because I’ve been playing this way too much.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I said this in another thread but I’ve beeen seeing Magnificent Trios and aerial Full Burst Slams whenever I close my eyes for weeks now because I’ve been playing this way too much.

haha yeah, for me its having vague visions of the longsword spirit reckoning combo, and sometimes i think i see the shimmering monster material drops in other games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For me it's the chunk chunk, ka-chunk sound of the sword mode charged slash to fill phials with CB.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

good hunts tonight herc, that apex Rathian fight was loving tense. It's kind of psycho mode but it would be cool if you could like, go into a hunt with fewer carts in exchange for bigger rewards. Since all the most memorable hunts for me are when the group is down to 1 cart and everyone suddenly starts playing like a god. Fixing my posture since the pretty girl just sat down at our lunch table vibe

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

net cafe scandal posted:

I haven't used ls signifianctly since tri and I'm legit just spirit comboing into infinity without even learning about switch skills, counters or any of that bullshit. But after clocking 450 hours in world I'm like the traveller from a different dimension and feeling like an absolute rockstar

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

In Training posted:

good hunts tonight herc, that apex Rathian fight was loving tense. It's kind of psycho mode but it would be cool if you could like, go into a hunt with fewer carts in exchange for bigger rewards. Since all the most memorable hunts for me are when the group is down to 1 cart and everyone suddenly starts playing like a god. Fixing my posture since the pretty girl just sat down at our lunch table vibe

lol yeah that was the first time I hunted an apex Rathian

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finished making every piece of high rank armor in the game except for the one kamura set since I don't have all the village tickets. Now I'm gonna just start making gimmick builds for a bunch of weapons and run random quests while collecting charms. Still haven't really used horn, insect Glaive, HBG, lance or SNS much at all.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I finished making every piece of high rank armor in the game except for the one kamura set since I don't have all the village tickets. Now I'm gonna just start making gimmick builds for a bunch of weapons and run random quests while collecting charms. Still haven't really used horn, insect Glaive, HBG, lance or SNS much at all.

I got some village tickets from the elder for doing HR rampages fwiw.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

HolePisser1982 posted:

The man who sold his rear end to the devil for the world's most powerful hunter instincts

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

who knows, not me
he never once did cart
you're on a hunt
with the man with rotted rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ristolaz posted:

The man who sold his rear end to the devil for the world's most powerful hunter instincts

The devil went down to Georgia, he was looking for an rear end to rot

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
my freind with a home depot greatsword trying to line up a tail cut to remove my curserotted assmeat and loving up repeatedly. doing a shoulder charge and wide swing into my drywall. and im suffering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

the true endgame... playing dressup